WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Workington (H)
Re: Workington (H) Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:15 pm  

Highlander wrote:
Highlander Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:25 pm
Posts: 2599
Location: Bradford
Flanagan’s yellow card was critical. He’s one of our experienced (streetwise) players. We’d have had a better chance of closing the game out with him on the pitch. I thought he’d taken a high shot, but Kear described it as a tip tackle? First time I’ve seen someone carded for complaining about a dangerous tackle they’ve received.
Pollsters doing Excellent job - say recent polls.
Re: Workington (H) Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:32 pm  

User avatarNothus wrote:
Nothus User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:27 pm
Posts: 5590
Location: Bradford
He was carded for the scrap that followed the high shot.
Flanagan is the last player I ever want to see on the pitch in a game like that because the bloke has absolutely zero composure.
Re: Workington (H) Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:31 pm  

User avatarHamsterChops wrote:
HamsterChops User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:32 pm
Posts: 3546
Location: No longer Bradford
roger daly wrote:
I know one player who doesn’t have that attitude and knows you have to give everything to get the rewards you want


I would hope I'm known enough on here to say what I think, regardless of who it annoys or offends. I don't say thing to make people feel good, I'm always honest.

I haven't seen Elliot play much this year at all. I can't comment on his performances or attitude from a first hand POV.

But what I will say is that all I see for him on here and social media is praise. Some of that no doubt is because you're here and people want to make you feel good about your lad. But I don't for a minute think all of it is. There's a few people on here whose opinion I respect and trust, and they said he's playing well, I believe them. I've also seen enough of him at previous teams (London & Sheffield mainly) to form my own opinion of him as a person and a player, and I have always rated him. I don't for a minute think that he has that attitude. Much the same I can say for a couple of other players (Steve Crossley for example I can't see ever taking that way of thinking).

I think the attitude issue is more something from the club itself than the players. The faces in the media that talk like the club is still a huge deal. And yes I'm sure there's a couple of players who still think they're billy big bollox (Chisholm seems to be the popular opinion from those on here).
Re: Workington (H) Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:54 pm  

User avatarHamsterChops wrote:
HamsterChops User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:32 pm
Posts: 3546
Location: No longer Bradford
Just switched Super League show on and John Kear & Leon Pryce are the guests. I've missed most of it, but anyone watched it all? Was there any mention/banter about the Sunday result?
Re: Workington (H) Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:20 am  
madasmcmadammcmad2 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:11 am
Posts: 437
Regardless of who's on here or not,if Elliot Minchella plays bad then it will not be brushed under the carpet,but that's not the case is it?Anyone who has watched RL for longer than two minutes can see what we need,it's now up to Kear to steer this ship to promotion with the players he sees before him.Get a game plan in place,set a platform and sharpen up the execution,cut out the mistakes and complete your sets without giving cheap yards/possession away.He has the players,it's now up to him to prove he is the man to take the BULLS back to where they belong.
The more he talked of his honour,the faster we counted our spoons.
Re: Workington (H) Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:10 am  

User avatarNothus wrote:
Nothus User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:27 pm
Posts: 5590
Location: Bradford
madasmcmadammcmad2 wrote:
take the BULLS back to where they belong.


Can people please stop posting rubbish like this? No wonder we're hated by fans of so many other clubs. This attitude of entitlement is just completely wrong. Cut it out.
Re: Workington (H) Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:24 am  
madasmcmadammcmad2 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:11 am
Posts: 437
Nothus wrote:
Can people please stop posting rubbish like this? No wonder we're hated by fans of so many other clubs. This attitude of entitlement is just completely wrong. Cut it out.


Ha Ha--is that all you have to worry about?We've actually been HATED since the reformation in 1964,nothing to do with ENTITLEMENT as it's my opinion that the BULLS and their fans belong in Super League and let's put it on the LINE,Super League needs a successful BULLS team,attendance wise and financial/COMMERCIAL wise,FACT!
Only my opinion and it's a two way street,not entitlement as you say.
The more he talked of his honour,the faster we counted our spoons.
Re: Workington (H) Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:56 am  

User avatarHudd-Shay wrote:
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 3604
Location: Shuddersfield
madasmcmadammcmad2 wrote:
Ha Ha--is that all you have to worry about?We've actually been HATED since the reformation in 1964,nothing to do with ENTITLEMENT as it's my opinion that the BULLS and their fans belong in Super League and let's put it on the LINE,Super League needs a successful BULLS team,attendance wise and financial/COMMERCIAL wise,FACT!
Only my opinion and it's a two way street,not entitlement as you say.

Oh how we laarfed!
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Re: Workington (H) Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:59 am  

Highlander wrote:
Highlander Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:25 pm
Posts: 2599
Location: Bradford
Assuming we meet Workington again in the final playoff game, how many other pro games would be on that weekend? What I'm getting at, is if there are only a couple of other games on, would the RFL appoint one of their SL refs to our game?
Pollsters doing Excellent job - say recent polls.
Re: Workington (H) Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:05 am  

User avatarBullseye wrote:
Bullseye User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 29766
Location: The Corridor of Uncertainty
Highlander wrote:
Assuming we meet Workington again in the final playoff game, how many other pro games would be on that weekend? What I'm getting at, is if there are only a couple of other games on, would the RFL appoint one of their SL refs to our game?


I wouldn't count on it. They might give them all the day off. As I'm sure you agree we need to be able to win regardless of the ref.
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alex 0604, Betsy Bulls, bull on a canary, Bulls Boy 2011, HG Bull and 60 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Bradford Bulls - RedAmberandBlack.net


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,102,4441,26578,3514,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X