WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Workington (H)
Re: Workington (H)
Post Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:25 pm
Posted by thepimp007 on Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:25 pm
thepimp007 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 255
Rep Position: 92nd / 77,889

Quiz Score: 432

Bull Mania wrote:
Regarding Chisholm. I don't think he was great (too many times he kicked dead) his body language also doesn't do him any favours. HOWEVER he still was the only one to do anything. His intercept try and the only clean break were made by him (another scandalous decision by the way, the ref not sin-binning the Town player. I'd be damanding why he ignored the rules of the game on that occasion)

You can't let Keyes off any blame and lay it all on Chisholm (wrong decision to go for 2 from half way when he didn't make the ball dead either, not going for the 1 point when he was perfectly set up for it! Although if Grant wasn't stood 2m in front of Egodo maybe we would be calling him a hero)
Grant again was poor and its worrying that we're not learning from our mistakes. We must be the highest placed team for giving the ball away fron kick-offs and yet again Grant no where to be seen to defend a 40-20.

Also if You watch the game, the amount of times our left handside were all going in the same direction making it so easy to defend against. Garisde basically ran Pownall and Ryan into touch all game. Garside needs to straighten his line running or come inside more.

I don't think Chisholm played well. But like i said, Keyes came up with some poor plays. I honestly think Kear needs to take the majority of the responsibility for that team defeat. Awful team selection and the chopping and changing of half backs/centre/wing partnerships in the middle of the game has cost us.

I still think we'll go up via the play-offs with only Workington offering the only threat. But i'd expect us to win with the right team selection. Put Bustin, Peltier ,hopefully Hytchcox, in place of Kirk, Pownall and Grant, and we win that game.

Yesterday was a real sickener.

Agree in part, but Keyes was the 3rd player to take a shot at goal when asking him to take that penalty thats no fault of his at all. Plus asking him to come into games bit part I think is a bit naff, Keyes has been our most consistent half before his knock but I think he will fall foul of the Lilley deal and Chisholm wont be dropped. Massively agree Kear got it wrong for me end of a lot of that has to lay at his feet. It all has a feel of million pound game/Fev game too much. A completely different side and coach yet same struggles in big games seems to be a massive cloud over the team in massive games that we cant get up for. This is something I certainly didn't expect under Kear
Post Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:19 pm
Posted by Nothus on Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:19 pm
Nothus User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 362
Rep Position: 60th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

Better for Kear to make this mistake now than in a playoff game I suppose, that's the only positive I can get from yesterday. Oh, and we can all stop overanalysing the points difference now because it's irrelevant :D
Post Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:29 pm
Posted by paulwalker71 on Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:29 pm
paulwalker71 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 241
Rep Position: 99th / 77,889

Nothus wrote:
Oh, and we can all stop overanalysing the points difference now because it's irrelevant :D

Actually it isn't.......... if York don't beat Workington in their next game... :PRAY:
Post Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:05 pm
Posted by Surely not on Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:05 pm
Surely not Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 9
Rep Position: 290th / 77,889

paulwalker71 wrote:
Actually it isn't.......... if York don't beat Workington in their next game... :PRAY:

If York destroy Workington,that really is a reality check.

York are much more fluid than us imo
Post Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:21 pm
Posted by Bullseye on Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:21 pm
Bullseye User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 949
Rep Position: 5th / 77,889

Quiz Score: 392

Surely not wrote:
If York destroy Workington,that really is a reality check.

York are much more fluid than us imo

In attack I'd say a lot of teams are more fluid than us. In recent games I've been far more impressed with how the likes of Hunslet and Newcastle move the ball than us. If we had that level of organisation we'd score loads.
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.
Post Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:45 pm
Posted by mat on Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:45 pm
mat Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 100
Rep Position: 200th / 77,889

paulwalker71 wrote:

You mean that game where Workington are likely to have players serving suspensions for offences against us where Ref took easy option and put them on report #coudn't make it up!
Post Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:01 pm
Posted by Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza on Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:01 pm
Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 200
Rep Position: 126th / 77,889

mat wrote:
You mean that game where Workington are likely to have players serving suspensions for offences against us where Ref took easy option and put them on report #coudn't make it up!

Won’t they be suspended for the games after that? The disciplinary won’t sit for before then for league 1 will it?

If so then hopefully the ref forgets to send his report in as happened in favour of York before they played us.

It really was amateur hour yesterday.
Post Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:06 pm
Posted by dddooommm on Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:06 pm
dddooommm User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 163
Rep Position: 148th / 77,889

Who's to say that Workington will make the playoffs. Their final games are York (H), Thunder (A), London (H) & Doncaster (A). I'd say they'll have it easy against 1 of those teams. If they lose a couple of their games they may be pushed out of the playoff places.

Wishful thinking...
BullBuidler - Bradford Bulls Supporters Trust
www.bullbuilder.co.uk
Post Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:48 pm
Posted by HamsterChops on Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:48 pm
HamsterChops User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 155
Rep Position: 153rd / 77,889

You know every now and again you get a reality check at just how far we've fallen?

We're discussing being scared of coming up against Workington.
Post Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:59 pm
Posted by amberavenger on Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:59 pm
amberavenger User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 24
Rep Position: 275th / 77,889

HamsterChops wrote:
You know every now and again you get a reality check at just how far we've fallen?

We're discussing being scared of coming up against Workington.

On a related point I think the players need a reality check and fast. I genuinely think there is an assumption amongst a few that we are the Bulls and we are too good for this league so we will just turn up and do the business and yet continually we have failed to do so in the Championship and League 1. Maybe I'm being too harsh and it's the "pressure" of expectation, but its the only thing I can think of as to why we've folded in the vast majority of important games since 2015 despite the squad changing frequently

On Kear, can't remember if it was on here or elsewhere, but someone said he thrives on being the underdog. Is this the first time in his career he's been expected to win something?
PreviousNext