WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Amateur Rugby in Bradford

Board index Championship Bradford Bulls - RedAmberandBlack.net Amateur Rugby in Bradford

Re: Amateur Rugby in Bradford
Post Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:01 am
Posted by thepimp007 on Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:01 am
thepimp007 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 207
Rep Position: 80th / 77,648

Quiz Score: 432

Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:05 am
Posts: 1816
Bulls Boy 2011 wrote:
Wyke beat Doncaster Toll Bar to progress to the final of the Pennine Cup.

Wibsey Warriors beat Clayton 20-10 in a tough encounter to progress to the Bradford Cup final.

Bradford Dudley Hill lost 24-22 against York Acorn. Hill were in the lead 22-18 until the final few minutes where Acorn scored out wide. Then a penalty in 'extra time' gave York the win.


Mate im still fuming about it. Ref played 44 minutes first half and nearly 52 in the second. Both their try and penalty were in added time. Yes we should have seen the game out at 22-12 but still was gutting to lose. The lads gave everything, Dave showed hes still got his twinkle toes! As a neutral what a great advert for conference rugby though.

Well done on beating clayton
Re: Amateur Rugby in Bradford
Post Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:42 am
Posted by Bulls Boy 2011 on Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:42 am
Bulls Boy 2011 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 107
Rep Position: 139th / 77,648

Quiz Score: 48

Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:44 pm
Posts: 3582
Location: Shipley, Bradford
thepimp007 wrote:
Mate im still fuming about it. Ref played 44 minutes first half and nearly 52 in the second. Both their try and penalty were in added time. Yes we should have seen the game out at 22-12 but still was gutting to lose. The lads gave everything, Dave showed hes still got his twinkle toes! As a neutral what a great advert for conference rugby though.

Well done on beating clayton


I know mate, felt like the game was going on forever. Robbed if I'm honest. Yeah maybe should have seen the game out but nothing you can really do if there's 16 mins added on. Thought Nelly scored two great tries and the try of the game was Dave stepping through a gap to put Tony through. Who was the number 2 of yours?

Thanks pal! At least we're back in the main final this season that was the aim of Sat.
BULLSBOY2011:
'Pain is temporary, Pride is forever!'

Bradford Bulls Fan Since Birth :)
Re: Amateur Rugby in Bradford
Post Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:50 pm
Posted by thepimp007 on Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:50 pm
thepimp007 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 207
Rep Position: 80th / 77,648

Quiz Score: 432

Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:05 am
Posts: 1816
Bulls Boy 2011 wrote:
I know mate, felt like the game was going on forever. Robbed if I'm honest. Yeah maybe should have seen the game out but nothing you can really do if there's 16 mins added on. Thought Nelly scored two great tries and the try of the game was Dave stepping through a gap to put Tony through. Who was the number 2 of yours?

Thanks pal! At least we're back in the main final this season that was the aim of Sat.


Hes from Birky called Luke Johnson. Yeah dave showed hes still got it
Re: Amateur Rugby in Bradford
Post Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:25 pm
Posted by Bulls Boy 2011 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:25 pm
Bulls Boy 2011 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 107
Rep Position: 139th / 77,648

Quiz Score: 48

Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:44 pm
Posts: 3582
Location: Shipley, Bradford
Saturday 7th April

Bradford Cup Curtain Raiser (Shield)

Queensbury vs. Clayton (1:30ko)

Bradford Cup Final

Wibsey Warriors vs. Wyke (3:30ko)

NCL Division 1

Bradford Dudley Hill vs. Castleford Lock Lane (2:30ko)

NCL Division 2

West Bowling vs. Askam (2:30ko)

Lots of amateur games in Bradford this weekend. With two matches at Odsal for the Bradford Cup and also two NCL matches for Dudley Hill and West Bowling.
BULLSBOY2011:
'Pain is temporary, Pride is forever!'

Bradford Bulls Fan Since Birth :)
Re: Amateur Rugby in Bradford
Post Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:19 pm
Posted by Bulls4Champs on Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:19 pm
Bulls4Champs Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 133
Rep Position: 117th / 77,648

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:11 pm
Posts: 5092
Might go down with my Gdad to watch Wibsey on Sat. I'm an ex player and my Gdad is one of their biggest supporters.

Some really ace folks up at that club, as there are in most amateur sides.
Re: Amateur Rugby in Bradford
Post Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:13 pm
Posted by Bulls Boy 2011 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:13 pm
Bulls Boy 2011 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 107
Rep Position: 139th / 77,648

Quiz Score: 48

Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:44 pm
Posts: 3582
Location: Shipley, Bradford
Bulls4Champs wrote:
Might go down with my Gdad to watch Wibsey on Sat. I'm an ex player and my Gdad is one of their biggest supporters.

Some really ace folks up at that club, as there are in most amateur sides.


Who's your Grandad pal and yourself?
BULLSBOY2011:
'Pain is temporary, Pride is forever!'

Bradford Bulls Fan Since Birth :)
Re: Amateur Rugby in Bradford
Post Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:16 pm
Posted by Bulls4Champs on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:16 pm
Bulls4Champs Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 133
Rep Position: 117th / 77,648

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:11 pm
Posts: 5092
Bulls Boy 2011 wrote:
Who's your Grandad pal and yourself?


My Grandad is Mick, I am also Mick, but you probably won't know me. You'll know him though.
Re: Amateur Rugby in Bradford
Post Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:18 pm
Posted by Bulls Boy 2011 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:18 pm
Bulls Boy 2011 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 107
Rep Position: 139th / 77,648

Quiz Score: 48

Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:44 pm
Posts: 3582
Location: Shipley, Bradford
Bulls4Champs wrote:
My Grandad is Mick, I am also Mick, but you probably won't know me. You'll know him though.


Aye Mick is a legend haha. Him and Dennis are up there all the time!
BULLSBOY2011:
'Pain is temporary, Pride is forever!'

Bradford Bulls Fan Since Birth :)
Re: Amateur Rugby in Bradford
Post Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:27 pm
Posted by Bulls4Champs on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:27 pm
Bulls4Champs Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 133
Rep Position: 117th / 77,648

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:11 pm
Posts: 5092
Bulls Boy 2011 wrote:
Aye Mick is a legend haha. Him and Dennis are up there all the time!


Aye, they love it don't they. They were at the game on Sunday together with my Aunty Maddy.

They're both great clubmen. Young Alex and many others amongst them too.
Re: Amateur Rugby in Bradford
Post Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:25 am
Posted by thepimp007 on Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:25 am
thepimp007 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 207
Rep Position: 80th / 77,648

Quiz Score: 432

Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:05 am
Posts: 1816
Bulls Boy 2011 wrote:
Saturday 7th April

Bradford Cup Curtain Raiser (Shield)

Queensbury vs. Clayton (1:30ko)

Bradford Cup Final

Wibsey Warriors vs. Wyke (3:30ko)

NCL Division 1

Bradford Dudley Hill vs. Castleford Lock Lane (2:30ko)

NCL Division 2

West Bowling vs. Askam (2:30ko)

Lots of amateur games in Bradford this weekend. With two matches at Odsal for the Bradford Cup and also two NCL matches for Dudley Hill and West Bowling.


Same final that used to be in the May bank holidays JJ? stupid to play it when seasonal games are on used to enjoy the day at odsal. Once as a player but plenty of times observing always a great afternoon. As I am writing this just heard its been called off that right?
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jabebby, roger daly, Steel City Bull and 40 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Bradford Bulls - RedAmberandBlack.net


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,908,44398777,6484,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sun 23rd Jun 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
HALIFAX
Sun 30th Jun 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
Sat 6th Jul 19:00
 CH
TOULOUSE
v
BRADFORD BULLS
Sun 14th Jul 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
SWINTON LIONS
Sat 20th Jul 18:00
 CH
YORK
v
BRADFORD BULLS
Sun 4th Aug 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
TORONTO
Sun 11th Aug 15:00
 CH
BARROW RAIDERS
v
BRADFORD BULLS
Sun 18th Aug 15:00
 CH
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
BRADFORD BULLS
Sun 1st Sep 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
SHEFFIELD
Sun 8th Sep 18:00
 CH
ROCHDALE
v
BRADFORD BULLS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






19