FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Odsal Stadium New Naming Rights?
Odsal Stadium New Naming Rights? : Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:25 pm  
Announcement tomorrow.
Re: Odsal Stadium New Naming Rights? : Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:35 pm  
Hmmmm. Does a stadium sponsorship really need a build up. Also, as Stock cars hold have the primacy tenancy I believe, would it be that beneficial to us. Unless of course we've got the lease. ;)
Re: Odsal Stadium New Naming Rights? : Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:46 am  
Bull Mania wrote:
Hmmmm. Does a stadium sponsorship really need a build up. Also, as Stock cars hold have the primacy tenancy I believe, would it be that beneficial to us. Unless of course we've got the lease. ;)

Think it's pretty much nailed on we have the lease..
Hopefully now the stock cars are our Tennant we can make them tidy up after themselves or evict them and have a full size pitch again.
Re: Odsal Stadium New Naming Rights? : Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:14 am  
Bartercard Odsal Stadium.

Better than Provident I suppose.
Re: Odsal Stadium New Naming Rights? : Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:33 am  
Bullseye wrote:
Bartercard Odsal Stadium.

Better than Provident I suppose.

Or that clothing Company that ends in UK!
Re: Odsal Stadium New Naming Rights? : Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:22 am  
6 figure deal as I understand it. Useful. And when other fans come whining about our budgets, sponsorship is usually the answer.
Re: Odsal Stadium New Naming Rights? : Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:33 am  
Apologies for not being up to speed with the Bradford situation but are there currently any viable options in the pipeline to redevelop Odsal or move back to Valley Parade? Firmly believe that SL is in need of a strong Bradford.
Re: Odsal Stadium New Naming Rights? : Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:43 pm  
The owners of VP apparently wanted an annual rent that was way beyond the reach of the club - I heard at least half a million quid a year. There are no current plans to develop Odsal that go beyond vague aspirations. The free-hold is owned by the Council who are on the brink of bankruptcy like a lot of others. The leasehold was put up for sale by the RFL. If the club bought it they would still need to attract significant funding from somewhere to be able to improve the ground. Rumours abound but nothing more at this stage.
Re: Odsal Stadium New Naming Rights? : Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:43 pm  
Highlander wrote:
6 figure deal as I understand it. Useful. And when other fans come whining about our budgets, sponsorship is usually the answer.

Without a Ken Davy of our own you're absolutely right.
Re: Odsal Stadium New Naming Rights? : Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:10 pm  
Looking at the state of VP pitch, don't think it could take rugby on it. Think the stock car track is more playable!
Next