Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - New Signings
Re: New Signings Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:05 pm  

Peter Goddard Stevo's Armpit

Member for L 0 years
I would be happy with Ellis Robson back again.
Re: New Signings Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:13 pm  

Highlander wrote:
Highlander Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Member for 16 years
Pre-covid we'd some contacts with Hull. Remember when we had Bowen for a friendly game? And Joe Cator a couple of years ago - was that vs Oldham? Basically for a season long loan you're looking at a (for the parent club) 6th choice prop or a 5th choice back row - would Bowen or Robson be classed as that by their clubs?
Pollsters doing Excellent job - say recent polls.
Re: New Signings Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:28 pm  

Roversspud wrote:
Roversspud Stevo's Armpit

Member for 4 years
Pumpetypump wrote:
Purely based on precedent and the many clubs that have chased the SL dream, I'm cynically thinking there's about 25% chance they know what they're doing and 75% they'll go bust. No desire for that to be the case as I'm at worst neutral about Feath but their business model doesn't entirely stack up to me.

Please explain to us exactly what is Fev's business model and how it doesn't stack up. This is a genuine question and I really would like you to explain how it doesn't stack up. in your opinion, of course.
Re: New Signings Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:42 pm  

bulls2487 wrote:
bulls2487 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Member for 7 years
Roversspud wrote:
Please explain to us exactly what is Fev's business model and how it doesn't stack up. This is a genuine question and I really would like you to explain how it doesn't stack up. in your opinion, of course.

80% Central funding reduction in 2022 compared to 2021.
Where is the money coming from at Fev?
In 2018 they couldn't afford the squad with higher central funding.
It's a valid question.
Fev had to borrow £381k in loans to get through 2021 which was held against the ground and surrounding land. This is from the most recent accounts and not a sustainable method long term.
Re: New Signings Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:06 pm  

Roversspud wrote:

Member for 4 years
bulls2487 wrote:
80% Central funding reduction in 2022 compared to 2021.
Where is the money coming from at Fev?
In 2018 they couldn't afford the squad with higher central funding.
It's a valid question.
Fev had to borrow £381k in loans to get through 2021 which was held against the ground and surrounding land. This is from the most recent accounts and not a sustainable method long term.

I'm no expert on accounts but the latest accounts at Companies House are from November 20, and of the £381k borrowed, £200k has already been repaid in full which would mean to me at least that cash flow at the club is in a good place. Indeed, the club recently announced that sales of merchandise was at a very high level and that we were probably selling more than both our close SL rivals. Add to that the fact that we retain ALL our match day revenue streams plus the income from hiring out our function rooms etc , plus the well run Squadbuilder scheme, then it mustn't come as a surprise when we can announce quality signings which we have done consistently while Mark Campbell has been Chairman.
Re: New Signings Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:32 pm  

bulls2487 wrote:
bulls2487 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Member for 7 years
Roversspud wrote:
I'm no expert on accounts but the latest accounts at Companies House are from November 20, and of the £381k borrowed, £200k has already been repaid in full which would mean to me at least that cash flow at the club is in a good place. Indeed, the club recently announced that sales of merchandise was at a very high level and that we were probably selling more than both our close SL rivals. Add to that the fact that we retain ALL our match day revenue streams plus the income from hiring out our function rooms etc , plus the well run Squadbuilder scheme, then it mustn't come as a surprise when we can announce quality signings which we have done consistently while Mark Campbell has been Chairman.

The Bulls finances aren't much better we borrow and pay it back. It's not sustainable long-term as one bad year and that's the club at risk.
The question would be in 2018 Fev couldn't afford to field a team, 3 years later they are signing marquee players with no new backer. Martin Vickers involved in signing players the club couldn't afford at Toronto and Salford is the same going to happen at Fev?
Re: New Signings Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:55 pm  

Roversspud wrote:

Member for 4 years
bulls2487 wrote:
The Bulls finances aren't much better we borrow and pay it back. It's not sustainable long-term as one bad year and that's the club at risk.
The question would be in 2018 Fev couldn't afford to field a team, 3 years later they are signing marquee players with no new backer. Martin Vickers involved in signing players the club couldn't afford at Toronto and Salford is the same going to happen at Fev?

You're right. We did struggle to put out a full team at the very end of the 2018 season but I don't believe that was due to finance. We were struggling with injuries, our DR partner was also struggling with injuries therefore DR players stopped coming across, we'd missed the play offs and were only in the shield and the date for new signings had passed. We received special dispensation to play the Leeds youngsters in the Shield final as did Leigh for their DR youngsters. But this had nowt to do with finances , but more to do with DR failings when injuries hit both parties. We all dislike DR but Fev laid their stall out to go big with DR and it came back to bite them.
Re: New Signings Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:14 pm  
Bulls Boy 2011 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Member for 11 years
I hope Robson is one of the ones who comes to us for the season. Wouldn’t say no to Matongo again as well.
BULLSBOY2011:
'Pain is temporary, Pride is forever!'

Bradford Bulls Fan Since Birth :)
Re: New Signings Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:24 pm  

User avatarBulls4 wrote:
Bulls4 User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Member for 10 years
Bulls Boy 2011 wrote:
I hope Robson is one of the ones who comes to us for the season. Wouldn’t say no to Matongo again as well.

I believe Matongo has signed for York
Re: New Signings Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:52 pm  
Silver Bullitt Stevo's Armpit

Member for L 0 years
Betsy Bulls wrote:
I suspect they are going to be youngsters or fringe players. I know some fans will expecting to see Walmsley, Makinson and Lomax!

I know you’re probably being facetious, but sadly that is exactly what some will be expecting. Stand by for howls of disappointed outrage on the Facebook groups.
PreviousNext