WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Planning for 2021
Re: Planning for 2021 Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:03 pm  

User avatarBull Mania wrote:
Bull Mania User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Regarding rent. It could mean a reduction for us. Didn't Salford invite Sale be co-tenants at their new stadium to half the rent they were paying?

I'd imagine the costings have been discussed by all the parties involved and have a better idea of what needs doing than me. I'd imagine will be spent on mainly the terracing for fans, facilities like toilets and the floodlights then adding the stuff needed for stock cars like crash barriers etc.

For me the stock cars is maybe our only hope. If a new stadium hasn't materialised when the council have a perfect location, the club have moved out of Bradford and they have a dilapdating stadium, they never will build one. Even if they did, look at what has happened at Wakefield & Castleford.

The days of a new stadiums for single use such as RL are gone. All councils are skint and they're not going to spend millions on something being used 13 times a year. Even if we were in SL, the sports utterly f*****D and we wouldnt have enough money to do anything. If Odsal is being used multiple times of the year, then the liklihood of some money being spent on it like a new roof, improves.

I don't think it's a perfect answer. But if it manages to keep the club in Bradford then it's better than Dewsbury (as much as a tidy stadium it is)
Re: Planning for 2021 Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:16 pm  

mat wrote:
mat Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

difference between us and Salford is they held the lease. We don't. As lease holders they were able to sub let to Sale. The stockcar lot are negotiating directly with RFL who will be obliged to maximise rental income from stadium. We might get a slight reduction in rent as we wont have full use of stadium 7 days a week like before, but you can guarantee other Clubs will ensure we don't get it reduced by much or they'll scream unfair advantage.
Re: Planning for 2021 Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:46 am  

M@islebugs wrote:
M@islebugs Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

How do you calculate maximum rental income from a vast rugby league stadium when only one rugby league club wants to play there, and the owners insist it remain for the playing of rugby league? Considering it was empty and at risk of dereliction it wouldn't appear to a seller's market. If the Bulls agreed to provide security, pay the council tax and electric bills it would be a significant improvement on the RFL's previous situation. I'd be surprised if the stock car enthusiasts are paying anything initially.
Re: Planning for 2021 Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:09 am  

Highlander wrote:
Highlander Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

The quicker we can get the Rfl out of this conflict of interest, the better. I hope the club have at least looked at buying the lease back from them.
Pollsters doing Excellent job - say recent polls.
Re: Planning for 2021 Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:55 am  

mat wrote:
mat Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Highlander wrote:
The quicker we can get the Rfl out of this conflict of interest, the better. I hope the club have at least looked at buying the lease back from them.

Didn't they devalue it to around 850k a couple of years ago in their accounts. Might be a sensible use for one of the long term low interest loans from the government bailout if club applied. They did say it was nt to be used to pay players and was for infrastructure projects. But there's no point buying lease back unless we have a long term plan and money to improve stadium.

For Maislebugs other clubs will have a good idea as to rental costs of a stadium as several of them are currently paying it. There wasn't a massive outcry about the 70K figure we were paying before so that suggests that about the right figure. RFL could present it to other clubs as they are gaining 100k by us/startrax paying the business rates but would still expect both us and startrax to be paying a significant amount of rent too ( probably undisclosed amount though).
Re: Planning for 2021 Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:36 am  

Scarey71 wrote:
Scarey71 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

This is insanity. Pinning hopes of our survival on an even smaller minority sport?

Hell fire! Why not go all in and bring back Kabbadi? You go on Facebook and twitter and it's full of starry eyed folk who should know better pining for Odsal and Super League.

If Odsal and Stockcars are all we can look forward to we should cash in the chips, revoke the application and remain at Dewsbury. It's hardly aspirational is it?
Re: Planning for 2021 Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:11 pm  

kaybenbull wrote:
kaybenbull Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Bulls Twitter says new signing tomorrow at 6
Re: Planning for 2021 Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:08 am  
Bulls Boy 2011 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

kaybenbull wrote:
Bulls Twitter says new signing tomorrow at 6

Just Dam Fleming being announced on a one year deal. Not impressed with this but we need a prop, he's got experience. Works well for Wales with Kear. Hope he's miles better than his last stint with us. Would honestly have taken Kirk over Fleming at the moment. But of course I do hope he proves me wrong and is class. I did enjoy his stints at Toronto and Halifax and looked to have matured from his days with us.

Has anybody got a link to anything official about us not offering Johnson, Waite-Pullan, Barlow and Foster new contracts?
BULLSBOY2011:
'Pain is temporary, Pride is forever!'

Bradford Bulls Fan Since Birth :)
Previous