WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Bulls Takeover
Re: Bulls Takeover
Post Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:53 pm
Posted by Greg Florimos Boots on Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:53 pm
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 310
Rep Position: 83rd / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:19 am
Posts: 8377
nestegg wrote:
In our last post dated 13 November we said that and we quote .... "unless it proves to be absolutely necessary we will not post (on this forum) for a while".

Given the peculiar and distracting events of the past 24 hours or so re this so called lottery matter as reported in the Guardian, albeit only online, then we felt that it may be helpful to set the record straight about a few things:

1) The article is in effect not the so called wide ranging 'smoking gun' to which we have referred to in the past.

2) Moreover, said online Guardian article, when linked to their historic article dated 3 January 2017, is regrettably (re a few key points) somewhat vague and non-specific. The two articles when combined are in part factually incorrect, in particular re events that occurred in respect of the RFL and a related (inaccurate) press statement the RFL (or Nigel Wood) released to the press and media on 3 January 2017. Up until recently we had though highly of the Guardian, and on balance we still manitain that they are for the main part reliable. Sadly, however, said newspaper has for years promulgated a key piece of mis-information re a Bulls' timeline chronology covering the club's past 7-8 year period. Journalists have had almost three years to correct the blatant error that was made by the RFL on 3 January 2017. Why have they not done so? Don't ask us - we are not journalists.

3) That is all we have to say at this time in respect of this apparently unhelpful distraction.

We hope (but sadly do not anticipate) that the above 'statement' will bring an end to the plethora of idle speculation and rumour surrounding this current virtual non-story.

Whilst posting may we affirm that 'we' are NOT operating on any other social media. This excellent forum is the only vehicle we require to project certain key messages to those who may allegedly be ruining our great club, and/or gradually leading the wider UK public, and key investors, to seriously question the credibility and governance of the sport of Rugby League.

Anyhow, enough of the lottery 'story' current nonsense, we need to get back to 'walking the walk'.


Im glad you took my advice after you PM'd me and posted on here to set the record straight. :wink:

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein


"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein


"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln
Re: Bulls Takeover
Post Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:03 pm
Posted by Bulliac on Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:03 pm
Bulliac User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 282
Rep Position: 94th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2002 2:12 pm
Posts: 10717
Location: Bradbados
Yawn, ZZZzzzzzz
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

Build Bridges NOT Walls
Re: Bulls Takeover
Post Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:26 pm
Posted by DrFeelgood on Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:26 pm
DrFeelgood User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 126
Rep Position: 191st / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:41 am
Posts: 974
Location: Rossendale
Laughable and ironic that Pestegg is basically calling out idle speculation
"If you don't believe you can do something, you have no chance at all" - Arsene Wenger
Re: Bulls Takeover
Post Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:55 pm
Posted by bulls2487 on Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:55 pm
bulls2487 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 134
Rep Position: 184th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:56 am
Posts: 397
Is anyone still paying attention to the rubbish they are posting?.
Re: Bulls Takeover
Post Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:13 pm
Posted by Mr Dog on Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:13 pm
Mr Dog Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 163
Rep Position: 158th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:08 pm
Posts: 1063
Location: Not there
DrFeelgood wrote:
I think the council would take a far more pragmatic view of the situation than just viewing it as an illegal gambling operation. The question of intent to conduct an illegal operation would surely be considered.


LAs are only responsible for registering 'small' lotteries, the rules under which they are allowed to operate (contained in The Gambling Act 2005) are enforced by the Gambling Commission. Government Agencies are not renowned for being pragmatic.....
Re: Bulls Takeover
Post Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:58 am
Posted by woolly07 on Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:58 am
woolly07 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 33
Rep Position: 281st / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 972
bulls2487 wrote:
Is anyone still paying attention to the rubbish they are posting?.


No. Just let him waste his time so we can laugh at him. Has he stopped posting again - until the next time he posts.
Re: Bulls Takeover
Post Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:04 pm
Posted by DrFeelgood on Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:04 pm
DrFeelgood User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 126
Rep Position: 191st / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:41 am
Posts: 974
Location: Rossendale
Mr Dog wrote:
LAs are only responsible for registering 'small' lotteries, the rules under which they are allowed to operate (contained in The Gambling Act 2005) are enforced by the Gambling Commission. Government Agencies are not renowned for being pragmatic.....

So how is a small lottery defined? Where does the Big One sit?
"If you don't believe you can do something, you have no chance at all" - Arsene Wenger
Re: Bulls Takeover
Post Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:32 pm
Posted by MorePlaymakersNeeded on Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:32 pm
MorePlaymakersNeeded Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 868
Rep Position: 8th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:51 am
Posts: 1544
nestegg wrote:
In our last post dated 13 November we said that and we quote .... "unless it proves to be absolutely necessary we will not post (on this forum) for a while".

Given the peculiar and distracting events of the past 24 hours or so re this so called lottery matter as reported in the Guardian, albeit only online, then we felt that it may be helpful to set the record straight about a few things:

1) The article is in effect not the so called wide ranging 'smoking gun' to which we have referred to in the past.

2) Moreover, said online Guardian article, when linked to their historic article dated 3 January 2017, is regrettably (re a few key points) somewhat vague and non-specific. The two articles when combined are in part factually incorrect, in particular re events that occurred in respect of the RFL and a related (inaccurate) press statement the RFL (or Nigel Wood) released to the press and media on 3 January 2017. Up until recently we had though highly of the Guardian, and on balance we still manitain that they are for the main part reliable. Sadly, however, said newspaper has for years promulgated a key piece of mis-information re a Bulls' timeline chronology covering the club's past 7-8 year period. Journalists have had almost three years to correct the blatant error that was made by the RFL on 3 January 2017. Why have they not done so? Don't ask us - we are not journalists.

3) That is all we have to say at this time in respect of this apparently unhelpful distraction.

We hope (but sadly do not anticipate) that the above 'statement' will bring an end to the plethora of idle speculation and rumour surrounding this current virtual non-story.

Whilst posting may we affirm that 'we' are NOT operating on any other social media. This excellent forum is the only vehicle we require to project certain key messages to those who may allegedly be ruining our great club, and/or gradually leading the wider UK public, and key investors, to seriously question the credibility and governance of the sport of Rugby League.

Anyhow, enough of the lottery 'story' current nonsense, we need to get back to 'walking the walk'.

I'm ignorant, so can you point out what this error is, please?
Also, what is the smoking gun you are forever eluding to?
Your posts seem to be much a do about nothing, rather than a tempest.
Re: Bulls Takeover
Post Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:27 pm
Posted by Mr Dog on Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:27 pm
Mr Dog Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 163
Rep Position: 158th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:08 pm
Posts: 1063
Location: Not there
DrFeelgood wrote:
So how is a small lottery defined? Where does the Big One sit?


A 'small' lottery is one that has less than £20k of tickets for sale and which has annual proceeds of no more than £250k and needs only to be registered with the LA. For 'large' lotteries a Gambling Commission licence is required. From the limited information that has come out it would appear that the Big One is a small lottery.
Re: Bulls Takeover
Post Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:08 am
Posted by DrFeelgood on Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:08 am
DrFeelgood User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 126
Rep Position: 191st / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:41 am
Posts: 974
Location: Rossendale
Mr Dog wrote:
A 'small' lottery is one that has less than £20k of tickets for sale and which has annual proceeds of no more than £250k and needs only to be registered with the LA. For 'large' lotteries a Gambling Commission licence is required. From the limited information that has come out it would appear that the Big One is a small lottery.

So in that case it will be handled by the LA?
"If you don't believe you can do something, you have no chance at all" - Arsene Wenger
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Betsy Bulls, Bulls4Champs, Bullsmad, Fr13daY, Joe Banjo, JohnQ, le penguin, Mobull, paulwalker71, scorchingdick and 83 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Bradford Bulls - RedAmberandBlack.net


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,984,1891,90977,9044,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 9th Feb 15:00
 CH
YORK
v
BRADFORD BULLS
Sun 16th Feb 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
FEATHERSTONE
Sun 1st Mar 15:00
 CH
OLDHAM
v
BRADFORD BULLS
Sun 8th Mar 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
SHEFFIELD
Sun 22nd Mar 15:00
 CH
SWINTON LIONS
v
BRADFORD BULLS
Sun 29th Mar 15:00
 CH
BATLEY BULLDOGS
v
BRADFORD BULLS
Fri 10th Apr 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
HALIFAX
Fri 10th Apr 15:00
 CH
WIDNES VIKINGS
v
BRADFORD BULLS
Sun 19th Apr 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
WHITEHAVEN
Sun 26th Apr 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
DEWSBURY RAMS
Sat 2nd May 15:30
 CH
TOULOUSE
v
BRADFORD BULLS
Sun 17th May 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
LEIGH
Sun 24th May 15:00
 CH
LONDON BRONCOS
v
BRADFORD BULLS
Sat 30th May 19:30
 CH
FEATHERSTONE
v
BRADFORD BULLS
Sun 14th Jun 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
SWINTON LIONS
Sun 21st Jun 15:00
 CH
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
BRADFORD BULLS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





19