WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Saints Juniors - Latest News
Re: Saints Juniors - Latest News
Post Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:02 pm
Posted by Legman on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:02 pm
Legman User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:26 pm
Posts: 381
Location: St Helens
Scored opening try on England debut & England win
To be beaten is a setback - to give up is terminal
Re: Saints Juniors - Latest News
Post Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:49 pm
Posted by St pete on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:49 pm
St pete User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 11
Rep Position: 303rd / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:30 pm
Posts: 16963
Legman wrote:
Scored opening try on England debut & England win


He's England elite with the likes of Welsby, Morgan smithies (captain), Ryan Foreshaw and Tom olroyd
Mugwump mocking mental illness for a second time -

"You are mentally ill and I can't indulge your madness any more"

Utter disgusting abusive remark from a keyboard warrior
Re: Saints Juniors - Latest News
Post Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:45 am
Posted by Northern light on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:45 am
Northern light Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:59 pm
Posts: 52
Forshaw picked ahead of welsby for England. Quite a lot of this years u16 been overrated and struggled when it mattered
Re: Saints Juniors - Latest News
Post Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:04 pm
Posted by St pete on Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:04 pm
St pete User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 11
Rep Position: 303rd / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:30 pm
Posts: 16963
Northern light wrote:
Forshaw picked ahead of welsby for England. Quite a lot of this years u16 been overrated and struggled when it mattered


Welsby the better player for me but is a fullback.. I'd go ad far to say Welsby the best u16 I've seen..
Mugwump mocking mental illness for a second time -

"You are mentally ill and I can't indulge your madness any more"

Utter disgusting abusive remark from a keyboard warrior
Re: Saints Juniors - Latest News
Post Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:37 am
Posted by The Eclipse on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:37 am
The Eclipse User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 77
Rep Position: 237th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:41 pm
Posts: 2860
St pete wrote:
Welsby the better player for me but is a fullback.. I'd go ad far to say Welsby the best u16 I've seen..

Im pretty sure he scored two tries for England last night, Welsby that is.
You know I've always been a dreamer
Re: Saints Juniors - Latest News
Post Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:39 pm
Posted by braytontiger on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:39 pm
braytontiger Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 308th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:25 pm
Posts: 2104
Location: living room
A poor quality game down at cas last night,take nothing away from England but the French were nothing like the standard they should be they rarely completed a set kicked on the first tackle at least twice.

We need better competion than that for our elite players, maybe a 3 match series between east vs west giving far more players a chance to stake a place in a 2 match series against the French later in the year.

Hard to judge the England team based on that,Tom holdroyd is a beast at 16 but he needs to trim down going into the 19s and improve is leg speed. The other stand outs for me was the sub hooker and the England 4 who put in some monster hits in defence excuse my ignorance for not knowing there names has I never got a team sheet. I still feel last years 16s are a cut above anything we've seen for the last 5 years and this is been backed up with some impressive performances in the 19s comp.
Re: Saints Juniors - Latest News
Post Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:03 pm
Posted by St pete on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:03 pm
St pete User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 11
Rep Position: 303rd / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:30 pm
Posts: 16963
braytontiger wrote:
A poor quality game down at cas last night,take nothing away from England but the French were nothing like the standard they should be they rarely completed a set kicked on the first tackle at least twice.

We need better competion than that for our elite players, maybe a 3 match series between east vs west giving far more players a chance to stake a place in a 2 match series against the French later in the year.

Hard to judge the England team based on that,Tom holdroyd is a beast at 16 but he needs to trim down going into the 19s and improve is leg speed. The other stand outs for me was the sub hooker and the England 4 who put in some monster hits in defence excuse my ignorance for not knowing there names has I never got a team sheet. I still feel last years 16s are a cut above anything we've seen for the last 5 years and this is been backed up with some impressive performances in the 19s comp.


Holdroyd is a big lad isn't he
Mugwump mocking mental illness for a second time -

"You are mentally ill and I can't indulge your madness any more"

Utter disgusting abusive remark from a keyboard warrior
Re: Saints Juniors - Latest News
Post Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:20 pm
Posted by braytontiger on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:20 pm
braytontiger Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 308th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:25 pm
Posts: 2104
Location: living room
St pete wrote:
Holdroyd is a big lad isn't he


He certainly is 120kg by all accounts,the lad can play no doubt about that but I'm always sceptical has he's got such an advantage at this age but it won't always be the case.
Re: Saints Juniors - Latest News
Post Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:25 pm
Posted by LFC Saint on Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:25 pm
LFC Saint Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 313th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:08 am
Posts: 807
The number 4 was St HELENS centre Matthew Foster I think
Re: Saints Juniors - Latest News
Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:11 am
Posted by Legman on Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:11 am
Legman User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:26 pm
Posts: 381
Location: St Helens
Good luck to all of our Academy tourists en-route to Australia today
To be beaten is a setback - to give up is terminal
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to St. Helens - saints.org.uk - Saints Heritage Site


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,984,5091,98477,9054,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
SALFORD
Thu 6th Feb 19:45
SL
WARRINGTON
v
ST.HELENS
Sun 16th Feb 15:00
SL
HULL FC
v
ST.HELENS
Fri 21st Feb 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Sat 29th Feb 18:00
SL
TORONTO
v
ST.HELENS
Fri 6th Mar 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sun 15th Mar 15:30
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
ST.HELENS
Fri 20th Mar 19:45
SL
LEEDS RHINOS
v
ST.HELENS
Fri 27th Mar 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
HULL KR
Fri 10th Apr 14:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sat 18th Apr 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
ST.HELENS
Fri 24th Apr 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sat 2nd May 18:30
SL
TORONTO
v
ST.HELENS
Thu 14th May 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
HULL FC
Sat 23rd May 17:15
SL
ST.HELENS
v
SALFORD
Sun 31st May 15:00
SL
HULL KR
v
ST.HELENS
Fri 12th Jun 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Fri 19th Jun 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
CASTLEFORD
Thu 25th Jun 19:45
SL
WARRINGTON
v
ST.HELENS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





18