WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rate the last film you watched

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin TV & Film Rate the last film you watched

Re: Rate the last film you watched Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:25 am  

User avatarbren2k wrote:
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 15521
Location: Ossett
Thor Ragnarok - I unashamedly loved this film; closer to GotG than the far too serious Kenneth Branagh nonsense of previous Thor efforts, this is pure silliness, and very enjoyable for it. Go - eat popcorn - laugh, as they penetrate The Devil's Anus. 8/10
Re: Rate the last film you watched Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:28 pm  

User avatarDally wrote:
Dally User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 14836
Watched On Wings of Eagles on a 'plane last weekend. Based on Eric Liddell's life, a story I did not know. Thought it was very good.
Re: Rate the last film you watched Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:30 pm  

User avatarDally wrote:
Dally User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 14836
Watched the Man with the Iron Heart on the plane too. This concerned the assassination of Reinhard Heydrich in Prague and the aftermath. Good film.
Re: Rate the last film you watched Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:18 pm  

User avatarDally wrote:
Dally User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 14836
Just come back from seeing Paddington 2. Expected a boring kids film but in fact found it great! Best film we have seen at the cinema this year.
Re: Rate the last film you watched Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:33 pm  

User avatarbren2k wrote:
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 15521
Location: Ossett
Justice League - what a dreadful, joyless, mess of a film; truly terrible - I wasted my money, so you don't have to. 2/10
Re: Rate the last film you watched Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:58 pm  

User avatarCronus wrote:
Cronus User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:25 pm
Posts: 7152
Location: one day closer to death
Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

Yes. Outstanding. Up there with the originals :CLAP:

If I were picky, possibly a little too long due to packing so much in. But that would be picky. It has humour, drama, tension, a few twists and of course plenty of action. Bravo.
Re: Rate the last film you watched Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:16 pm  

User avatarJACK DETH wrote:
JACK DETH User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:29 pm
Posts: 1365
Location: Kingston upon Hull(FC)
I cannot concur Cronus. I went to see Jedi last night and honestly thought it was awful.
Whoever stands by a just cause and fights for the freedom and liberation of his land from the invaders, the settlers and the colonialists, cannot possibly be called terrorist."

— Yasser Arafat
Re: Rate the last film you watched Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:24 pm  

User avatarCronus wrote:
Cronus User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:25 pm
Posts: 7152
Location: one day closer to death
JACK DETH wrote:
I cannot concur Cronus. I went to see Jedi last night and honestly thought it was awful.

In what way?

Sure, if you sit and think about it there are plenty of plot holes and the way things pan out for another big character is a little frustrating, and it moves too fast as is the way of most modern-day sequels - but it was epic in scale, vision and action, had some nice twists, plenty of humour (possibly a little too much?) and left things open for a finale.

The entire Star Wars saga is full of plot holes, terrible dialogue and clumsy editing. Over-analyse any of them and they can be picked apart - we love them for the overall plot, special effects and the thrill they gave us as children.

I frankly don't buy the complaints of most whingeing fans - just because things don't pan out as they might like, tough titties. I thoroughly enjoyed it - at face value, granted.

p.s. I absolutely detest Episode I, II & III.
Re: Rate the last film you watched Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:32 pm  
luke ShipleyRed Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:06 pm
Posts: 383
Cronus wrote:
In what way?

Sure, if you sit and think about it there are plenty of plot holes and the way things pan out for another big character is a little frustrating, and it moves too fast as is the way of most modern-day sequels - but it was epic in scale, vision and action, had some nice twists, plenty of humour (possibly a little too much?) and left things open for a finale.

The entire Star Wars saga is full of plot holes, terrible dialogue and clumsy editing. Over-analyse any of them and they can be picked apart - we love them for the overall plot, special effects and the thrill they gave us as children.

I frankly don't buy the complaints of most whingeing fans - just because things don't pan out as they might like, tough titties. I thoroughly enjoyed it - at face value, granted.

p.s. I absolutely detest Episode I, II & III.


Tend to agree with Jack.

I don't think Rey or Kylo are intresting enough characters to base a franchise on. There seemed no direction in were they want the next film to go. You could cut the training & chase shorter and it would have made no difference to the film & possible improved the film. Finn is a pointless a character. The end scene just screams Annakin.
And the Leia's Mary poppins scene just left a bad taste in the mouth.

P. S from the last 30 mins of attack of the clones all through revenge of the sith I really enjoyed. In my opinion they are what you want from a star wars film. Good versus bad with lots of lightsaber fights
Hull KR the pride of East Hull.
Re: Rate the last film you watched Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:14 am  

User avatarDurham Giant wrote:
Durham Giant User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 8:25 pm
Posts: 11958
Location: Durham
Three billboards outside Ebbing. Missouri.

A great film. The critics are right on this. It is a deeply dark film. Completely non PC and with some great `characters.
Frances McDormand is brilliant. You never know what she is going to do.

Woody Harrelson as the sherif and his letters are very funny.

Go see it. 10/10
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers

Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to TV & Film


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,087,88068878,2994,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!



X