FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - RD 24 | Warrington Wolves (H)
Re: RD 24 | Warrington Wolves (H) : Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:05 pm  
Think our outside bet of a grand final appearance is evaporating now……
Re: RD 24 | Warrington Wolves (H) : Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:14 pm  
Steves wrote:
Sutcliffe is under contract but he is joining Hull so movements are possible.


True but that’s a long contract and given the injuries it’s unlikely any other team will offer him more coin for 3 years.

Plus there is some real potential in there if he can stay fit which is why we gave him such a long contract.

He is still very young for a prop and I just hope he can show his quality in future with Hunwicks and Smith guiding him.

Fingers crossed.
Re: RD 24 | Warrington Wolves (H) : Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:26 pm  
Sir Gregory ParsloeP wrote:
True but that’s a long contract and given the injuries it’s unlikely any other team will offer him more coin for 3 years.

Plus there is some real potential in there if he can stay fit which is why we gave him such a long contract.

He is still very young for a prop and I just hope he can show his quality in future with Hunwicks and Smith guiding him.

Fingers crossed.

Potentials one thing, but his record is atrocious at best…….
Someone with half the potential , who’s played more games would have been more useful….
Re: RD 24 | Warrington Wolves (H) : Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:36 pm  
Shabino wrote:
Potentials one thing, but his record is atrocious at best…….
Someone with half the potential , who’s played more games would have been more useful….

So what would you do, terminate his contract and pay him off? The only sane option is to let his injury heal, get him ready for 2023 and go again, which is what will happen. He has real talent, that's why people get frustrated. Talent is at premium in SL, and he's still young enough to realise his.
Re: RD 24 | Warrington Wolves (H) : Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:10 pm  
ryano wrote:
Meh! They said the same about JJB but he managed quite a few games in the end.


Yes remember it well but JJB injuries IIRC weren’t as bad as Holdroyds
Re: RD 24 | Warrington Wolves (H) : Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:47 pm  
JJB broke his leg/legs didn't he? He certainly had a lot of injuries early in his career, but at some point started to become pretty durable for a forward. We've just got to hope Holroyd does the same.
Re: RD 24 | Warrington Wolves (H) : Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:49 am  
When JJB had his injuries he was around 18 years old and presumably on a small contract and not 22 on a decent package. Bad luck, brittle, flaky call it what you like he is a luxury in a salary cap sport so next year has to be last chance..I hope he proves us wrong and has an outstanding season!
Re: RD 24 | Warrington Wolves (H) : Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:57 am  
Steves wrote:
When JJB had his injuries he was around 18 years old and presumably on a small contract and not 22 on a decent package. Bad luck, brittle, flaky call it what you like he is a luxury in a salary cap sport so next year has to be last chance..I hope he proves us wrong and has an outstanding season!

How bad is this injury? He's out for the season, but in reality that's a handful of weeks. I was really looking forward to seeing him play and I'm really gutted. That said - if he approaches 2023 fully fit and desperate to make his mark, he could do great things.
Re: RD 24 | Warrington Wolves (H) : Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:12 am  
Hardaker
Tindall Martin Sutcliffe Handley
Myler Sezer
Oledzki O’Connor Prior
Gannon Bentley
Austin

Dwyer Mustapha Tetevano Smith/Walters

That’s what I’d like to see to be fair
Re: RD 24 | Warrington Wolves (H) : Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:04 am  
Frosties. wrote:
Hardaker
Tindall Martin Sutcliffe Handley
Myler Sezer
Oledzki O’Connor Prior
Gannon Bentley
Austin

Dwyer Mustapha Tetevano Smith/Walters

That’s what I’d like to see to be fair

No, play players as close to their preferred positions as possible and get sezer and Austin playing in the halves as if we're going to do anything in the play offs they're going to need time together. Myler FB hardaker centre Martin 2nd row.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tad rhino, Wallace52 and 151 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Leeds Rhinos