FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

   WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - RD 17 | Hull FC (A)
Re: RD 17 | Hull FC (A) : Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:32 pm  
Don't think Newman's is harsh. I think he's a cracking player but I really don't want to see players carrying on at refs like that.
Leave it to the footballers. Or us.
Re: RD 17 | Hull FC (A) : Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:36 pm  
Newman was sin binned fairly regularly in the U19s for yapping.
Re: RD 17 | Hull FC (A) : Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:42 pm  
I think on reflection our ill discipline is down to frustration both at how we are giving soft penalties away, most if not all under performing and decisions going against us oh and not winning games.
All contribute to the frustration the players are feeling.
Winning teams rarely complain hence why the Leeds of old were nowhere near as bad as our current crop (McGuire maybe the exception)
Re: RD 17 | Hull FC (A) : Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:47 pm  
Clearwing wrote:
Don't think Newman's is harsh. I think he's a cracking player but I really don't want to see players carrying on at refs like that.
Leave it to the footballers. Or us.
Agree but one match should be the punishment.AFIK he wasn't charged with swearing at the ref .
Re: RD 17 | Hull FC (A) : Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:49 pm  
Having players in their best positions is important but myler is contradictory to that coming on at hooker for 9 mins when the games gone. Where leeds are at they need the best 13 on the field, myler fb hardaker centre with Harry out and Martin back row.
Re: RD 17 | Hull FC (A) : Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:56 pm  
Seth wrote:
Having players in their best positions is important but myler is contradictory to that coming on at hooker for 9 mins when the games gone. Where leeds are at they need the best 13 on the field, myler fb hardaker centre with Harry out and Martin back row.

Hardaker is one of our few bright sparks. We loose that with him at Centre. You don’t move your best players around constantly. Myler is back up to a few positions. That’s useful.,..,,
Re: RD 17 | Hull FC (A) : Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:02 pm  
Shabino wrote:
Hardaker is one of our few bright sparks. We loose that with him at Centre. You don’t move your best players around constantly. Myler is back up to a few positions. That’s useful.,..,,

Normally I might agree with you but with newman missing Martin isn't the answer to continue at centre (one of our better players this year out of position, sound familiar? And the pack could really do with him in there) I'm also not convinced hardakers link on last pass plays is as consistent and as good as mylers (for all zaks strengths). Right now we need 13 strongest body's, myler is (to quote the RFL) frivolous from the bench in some jack of all master of non/might be needed/might not be role. We're better served playing another forward given the dire straights theyre in.
Re: RD 17 | Hull FC (A) : Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:37 am  
Seth wrote:
Normally I might agree with you but with newman missing Martin isn't the answer to continue at centre (one of our better players this year out of position, sound familiar? And the pack could really do with him in there) I'm also not convinced hardakers link on last pass plays is as consistent and as good as mylers (for all zaks strengths). Right now we need 13 strongest body's, myler is (to quote the RFL) frivolous from the bench in some jack of all master of non/might be needed/might not be role. We're better served playing another forward given the dire straights theyre in.
I agree Martin is needed in the pack.Myler can as we know play well at fullback and centre partnership of Sutty and Hardhaker is better than Sutty Martin plus we lose Martin from the pack.It also means we can use Dwyer as an impact sub.
Re: RD 17 | Hull FC (A) : Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:59 am  
Frosties. wrote:
Myler
Fusitua Hardaker Sutcliffe Handley / Tindall
Austin Sezer
Oledzki Leeming Prior
Martin Bentley
Smith

Dwyer Gannon Donaldson Walters / O’Connor

Johnson
Handley / Tindall
Simpson

If Handley is fit to play I think we’ll go with the above.
If Handley is out I’d be tempted to go

Myler
Fusitua Martin Sutcliffe Hardaker
Austin Sezer
Oledzki Leeming Prior
Gannon Bentley
Smith

Dwyer Donaldson Walters O’Connor
Re: RD 17 | Hull FC (A) : Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:02 pm  
So we know appealing means they add an extra game to the ban.... and we still did it with Newman. Genius'.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: KaeruJim, Seth, Trebor1, YosemiteSam and 173 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Leeds Rhinos