FORUMS FORUMS







RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
  
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:35 pm  
Such a shame for Walker. I honestly think he would have been one of the very best, but been sadly robbed. Trying to stay positive for him, but if that foot again then I’m more sure he’ll come back. Club and fans need to give him all the support we can.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:15 am  
I wish him well, he's had terrible luck. I've never been in the camp thinking he would be a superstar, but I hope he recovers and gets back to playing. If its the same foot that kept him out of playing for so long then he's going to need some real determination to come back, and even then it might not be possible.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:03 am  
Shabino wrote:
Such a shame for Walker. I honestly think he would have been one of the very best, but been sadly robbed. Trying to stay positive for him, but if that foot again then I’m more sure he’ll come back. Club and fans need to give him all the support we can.



It is a shame for him, But the club doesn’t have to be sentimental, i was really hoping He had signed permanently but we ate stuck with a crocked player.

Regarding his potential i remember a game against Hull maybe 2019? when an aged come out of retirement Gareth ellis easily ran him down when Walker had a clear run to the line, it was pretty clear after that his was alarming slow for a full back and that would hinder him.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:24 am  
rollin thunder wrote:
It is a shame for him, But the club doesn’t have to be sentimental, i was really hoping He had signed permanently but we ate stuck with a crocked player.

Regarding his potential i remember a game against Hull maybe 2019? when an aged come out of retirement Gareth ellis easily ran him down when Walker had a clear run to the line, it was pretty clear after that his was alarming slow for a full back and that would hinder him.

Remember that, and it was the playoff semi in 2017 (which we won). Weird night as we’d decided to demolish the south stand before the game!
Jack is contracted with us for next year and deserves the full support of the club and fans. A move would have clearly suited all parties, but no way that’s happening now. Have a heart and think about how you’d feel if it were your son…..
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:42 am  
Shabino wrote:
Remember that, and it was the playoff semi in 2017 (which we won). Weird night as we’d decided to demolish the south stand before the game!
Jack is contracted with us for next year and deserves the full support of the club and fans. A move would have clearly suited all parties, but no way that’s happening now. Have a heart and think about how you’d feel if it were your son…..


I’m sure the club will do right by Jack while ever he’s contracted, and rightly so. At this point the first hope for everyone is that he can get back on a pitch, anything else, for either party, is a bonus. He certainly hasn’t had any luck.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:44 am  
It's early days re prognosis but if it's the same injury with a 12 month recovery, we should look at de-registering him from the playing roster before next season starts. I'm sure the club know all options available.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:17 am  
FGB wrote:
It's early days re prognosis but if it's the same injury with a 12 month recovery, we should look at de-registering him from the playing roster before next season starts. I'm sure the club know all options available.


Yes, we should be able to get full salary cap exemption for him if so. I bet Smith has a real headache now in trying to balance the books.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:39 pm  
It's sad news for Walker and us but I'm sure it will get sorted for both player and club

Will be interesting if that has any knock on effects to negotiationwith ZH or that Prop we were rumoured to be looking at.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:09 pm  
Trebor1 wrote:
Yes, we should be able to get full salary cap exemption for him if so. I bet Smith has a real headache now in trying to balance the books.

Depends doesn't it? A broken foot, if that is what it is, won't necessarily keep him out for all of 2023, which I believe is the requirement. I guess the bigger question is whether he decides to battle on? I read an article last week where Jack suggested that this might be his last chance. He already can't train in the same way as the rest of his colleagues, which is something you might associate with a veteran approaching retirement, not a young player. I really hope it's not as bad as feared and he can bounce back.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:15 pm  
Walker is finished. He's an example of why kids shouldn't be introduced to first grade so early.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ALAW, Clearwing, Magic Superbeetle, paddock, rollin thunder, Seth, Shabino, Simmo71, YosemiteSam and 231 guests

REPLY

Subject: 
Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Leeds Rhinos