Seth wrote:
Oledzki
Prior
Holroyd
Tetevano
Sangare
Walters

That's the 6

Hmmmm. Think Walters has a long way to Seth. Not saying he won't make it, but it will be a long job.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:32 pm  
ArthurClues wrote:
Hmmmm. Think Walters has a long way to Seth. Not saying he won't make it, but it will be a long job.

And although he has plenty of potential, Holroyd has still to show he can play more than 15 games a season on a regular basis
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:45 pm  
ArthurClues wrote:

Id sign Aydin as 6th prop
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:53 pm  
ArthurClues wrote:

Don't disagree and would like to see us sign a good prop but think that will be the 6.

Add to that, Tetevano isn't the player we hoped, priors at the backend of his abilties and Holroyd still has big question marks, front row still carries many concerns for next year. Though in Smith we finally have a coach who looks to have a plan for what he wants the squad to look and play like.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:42 pm  
I think thats the key Seth. Smith obviously has a style of play and is looking to bring in players who can deliver it and get rid of those who can't.

I'm not as convinced we'll bring in a centre if Hardaker stays. If Hardaker stays the question then is whether Smith sees Edwards and Simpson as good bets for the future.

While we may have six props on the books, any combination looks likely to be hopelessly outgunned by Sts. Two are beginners, Prior looks like he's already played a year too long, Tetevano hasn't exactly done much and Sangare is not yet the finished article. Obviously Holroyd, Walters and Sangare may turn to be absolute beasts as a group, but thats not a proven high quality rotation, and for me at least its not another fifth or sixth choice we need but a pack leader.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:12 am  
Sutcliffe Briscoe Broadbent Walker Mellor Dwyer Thompson
all out and Sangere McDonnell Hardaker(hopefully) Olipherts and now possibly Macdonald in is some turn around in a seaon.
Definitely shows that Smith has a clear plan and type of player to fit it. The incoming players are generally bigger stronger and more direct than the players they are replacing and fit into the Smith DNA. Obviously we need another prop but you can only deal with whats available within the cap and who you can move on and so far its been an impressive turnover.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:16 am  
1. Hardaker
2. Fusitua - OQ
3. Newman
4. ?
5. Handley
6. Austin - OQ
7. Sezer - OQ
8. Oledzki
9. Leeming
10. Prior - OQ
11. Bentley
12. Martin
13. Tetevano - OQ
14. ?
15. Gannon
16. Myler
17. Smith
18. Holroyd
19. ?
20. Olpherts (Castleford Tigers)
21. O’Connor
22. Walters
23. Sangare (Toulouse)
24. McDonnell (Wigan Warriors)
25. Donaldson
26. Johnson
27. Ruan (Doncaster RL)
28. Simpson
29. Tindall
30. Edwards
31. Hooley (Batley Bulldogs)
32. Sinfield
33. Field

Outs - Walker, Sutcliffe, Dwyer, Mellor, Thompson, Briscoe, Broadbent, Mustapha.
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:46 am  
I know squad numbers mean little in reality but Smith should be 13 Tetevano 17(at best)
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:57 am  
Once were Loiners wrote:
I think thats the key Seth. Smith obviously has a style of play and is looking to bring in players who can deliver it and get rid of those who can't.

I'm not as convinced we'll bring in a centre if Hardaker stays. If Hardaker stays the question then is whether Smith sees Edwards and Simpson as good bets for the future.

While we may have six props on the books, any combination looks likely to be hopelessly outgunned by Sts. Two are beginners, Prior looks like he's already played a year too long, Tetevano hasn't exactly done much and Sangare is not yet the finished article. Obviously Holroyd, Walters and Sangare may turn to be absolute beasts as a group, but thats not a proven high quality rotation, and for me at least its not another fifth or sixth choice we need but a pack leader.

Hardaker is the best fullback at the club by a mile. Should be played there only…..
Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4 : Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:57 am  
Seth wrote:
I know squad numbers mean little in reality but Smith should be 13 Tetevano 17(at best)

I don't mind Tetevano having the 13 shirt (at Redcliffe Dolphins)...
PreviousNext