RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H)
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Tue May 04, 2021 7:13 pm  

User avatarchristopher wrote:
christopher User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 10130
Location: West Yorkshire
doc-rhino wrote:
is that some scandal about lui and not really injured ? , newman wouldn't clearly be starting unless hurrell was dropped for his yep score of 4


Struggling to understand what on earth you are on about here to be honest.
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Tue May 04, 2021 7:47 pm  
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 9:25 pm
Posts: 2851
doc-rhino wrote:
is that some scandal about lui and not really injured ? , newman wouldn't clearly be starting unless hurrell was dropped for his yep score of 4


Weve currently got Mellor in the centre. If Newman was fit he would get a game i would think wouldnt you? All this rubbish started by Batley that Tetevano is the only starter out is absolutely crazy. I cant remember a single game where Lui was fit and didnt start, how the hell can he not be classed as a starter?

We have several starters out, several who would be on the bench and back ups to absentee starters out too.
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Tue May 04, 2021 7:48 pm  

doc-rhino wrote:
doc-rhino Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:55 pm
Posts: 1345
christopher wrote:
Struggling to understand what on earth you are on about here to be honest.
peter smith scored hurrell 4 out of 10 ten simple , otherwise wouuld have expected l sutcliffe and hurrell to be starting centres
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Tue May 04, 2021 7:53 pm  

doc-rhino wrote:
doc-rhino Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:55 pm
Posts: 1345
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! wrote:
Weve currently got Mellor in the centre. If Newman was fit he would get a game i would think wouldnt you? All this rubbish started by Batley that Tetevano is the only starter out is absolutely crazy. I cant remember a single game where Lui was fit and didnt start, how the hell can he not be classed as a starter?

We have several starters out, several who would be on the bench and back ups to absentee starters out too.
think myler gale lui tetevano out of last week's starting 13 in theory eastmond should be better than lui reality may be a different matter
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Tue May 04, 2021 9:27 pm  
Loiner at large Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:40 pm
Posts: 109
Not a Lui fan as I think he is a player that doesn't fulfil his
potential due to poor fitness. He doesn't offer a threat taking on the line.
What is clear from the last 2 years however is that we create many more chances with Lui and Myler/Walker on the pitch especially on the left with Handley being the main beneficiary. Lui has a good pass and links well but is not the half we need to take us to the next level. At the moment though he would significantly improve the team.
Hurrell as a second row is a non starter he would be a liability defensively and has the habit of dropping the ball. The Lautiti comparison is ludicrous as Ali was safer in possession holding it with one hand! Konnie needs to get fit and start performing in the centre. If he does that he will get a reduced contract offer as he has a bit of an x factor and offers something different but not on marquee money which must go on a stand off
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Wed May 05, 2021 6:55 am  

User avatarKaeruJim wrote:
KaeruJim User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:27 am
Posts: 2629
I just can’t see us going all-in for a new 6 having just signed Eastmond for 3 years. Unless Kyle is catastrophic this year expect him to be partnering Gale for some time.

We will sign again in the pack for 2022 because I think there will be one or two movements there.

Again I don’t know whether we’ll sign another outside back. T Briscoe is Mr Teflon rightly or wrongly, been in poor form most of the year so far - hopefully he will push through it. L Tindall is another option and we have Myler and Walker at FB next year.

The club might decide to play Broadbent on the wing for a season or two.

Our off-field work this year as a club is vital if we are going to break that ceiling into the best squads in the comp again. It would just be nice to see something like our first choice 13 on the park for a few games in succession.
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Wed May 05, 2021 8:32 am  
fanstanningley User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2002 6:11 pm
Posts: 10846
Location: Pudsey
KaeruJim wrote:
I just can’t see us going all-in for a new 6 having just signed Eastmond for 3 years. Unless Kyle is catastrophic this year expect him to be partnering Gale for some time.

We will sign again in the pack for 2022 because I think there will be one or two movements there.

Again I don’t know whether we’ll sign another outside back. T Briscoe is Mr Teflon rightly or wrongly, been in poor form most of the year so far - hopefully he will push through it. L Tindall is another option and we have Myler and Walker at FB next year.

The club might decide to play Broadbent on the wing for a season or two.

Our off-field work this year as a club is vital if we are going to break that ceiling into the best squads in the comp again. It would just be nice to see something like our first choice 13 on the park for a few games in succession.
If Eastmond doesnt improve then will have to look for a six.Eastmond i believe is contracted for two years not three.
I'm not a pheasant plucker, i'm a pheasant pluckers son and i'm only plucking pheasants till the pheasant plucker comes.
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Wed May 05, 2021 8:35 am  

Shabino wrote:
Shabino Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:39 pm
Posts: 1152
fanstanningley wrote:
If Eastmond doesnt improve then will have to look for a six.Eastmond i believe is contracted for two years not three.

Yeah 2. He'll do a job playing with Gale, but not much more.....
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Wed May 05, 2021 9:21 am  

Simmo71 wrote:
Simmo71 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:24 pm
Posts: 332
Loiner at large wrote:
Not a Lui fan as I think he is a player that doesn't fulfil his
potential due to poor fitness. He doesn't offer a threat taking on the line.
What is clear from the last 2 years however is that we create many more chances with Lui and Myler/Walker on the pitch especially on the left with Handley being the main beneficiary. Lui has a good pass and links well but is not the half we need to take us to the next level. At the moment though he would significantly improve the team.
Hurrell as a second row is a non starter he would be a liability defensively and has the habit of dropping the ball. The Lautiti comparison is ludicrous as Ali was safer in possession holding it with one hand! Konnie needs to get fit and start performing in the centre. If he does that he will get a reduced contract offer as he has a bit of an x factor and offers something different but not on marquee money which must go on a stand off



Spot on!
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Wed May 05, 2021 12:00 pm  
Loiner at large Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:40 pm
Posts: 109
KaeruJim wrote:
I just can’t see us going all-in for a new 6 having just signed Eastmond for 3 years. Unless Kyle is catastrophic this year expect him to be partnering Gale for some time.

We will sign again in the pack for 2022 because I think there will be one or two movements there.

Again I don’t know whether we’ll sign another outside back. T Briscoe is Mr Teflon rightly or wrongly, been in poor form most of the year so far - hopefully he will push through it. L Tindall is another option and we have Myler and Walker at FB next year.

The club might decide to play Broadbent on the wing for a season or two.

Our off-field work this year as a club is vital if we are going to break that ceiling into the best squads in the comp again. It would just be nice to see something like our first choice 13 on the park for a few games in succession.

Lui Martin Hurrell and King out of contract end of the year. Thats 4 quota spots including one marquee. Also question mark against Proir taking up his tear 3 option. I cannot accept that the club have decided Gale/Eastwood only options in the halves for next year. They will be 33 and 32 respectively next year so we need another option or face having to sign 2 down the line as there's nothing coming through in that position.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ArthurClues, cheekydiddles, Dadsylad, doc-rhino, Fathead96, Jack Burton, jarol, jools, krisleeds, Loiner at large, Lprhino, mattsrhinos1978, NickyKiss, Seth, Sherbert Dip, steamy, tad rhino, The Yellow Giraffe, Whino4life and 294 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.2Million 2,150 ↓-978,7359,567
YOUR SELECTED TEAM LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
 Full Time.
 
WSL
St.HelensW
52-0
WiganW
 Full Time.
 
SL
Huddersfield
42-24
Leigh
 Full Time.
 
 CH
Bradford
22-36
Whitehaven
 Full Time.
 
 CH
Dewsbury
21-14
Oldham
 Full Time.
 
 CH
Featherstone
78-10
Sheffield
 Full Time.
 
 CH
Halifax
10-12
Batley
 Full Time.
 
 CH
Swinton
16-26
Widnes
 Full Time.
 
 CH
York
30-22
LondonB
 Full Time.
 
 L1
Doncaster
31-10
Hunslet
L
I
V
E
 
TODAY : 17:15
WSL
YorkW
24-6
CastlefordW
Latest
NOT ON TV
Thu 23rd Sep 19:45
SL
Wigan
v
Leeds
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Sun 19th Sep
SL
LIVE
Huddersfield42-24Leigh
CH
LIVE
Bradford22-36Whitehaven
CH
LIVE
Dewsbury21-14Oldham
CH
LIVE
Featherstone78-10Sheffield
CH
LIVE
Halifax10-12Batley
CH
LIVE
Swinton16-26Widnes
CH
LIVE
York30-22LondonB
L1
LIVE
Doncaster31-10Hunslet
WSL
LIVE
St.HelensW52-0WiganW
WSL
LIVE
YorkW24-6CastlefordW
Sat 18th Sep
NRL RND: 27 Penrith8-6Parramatta
CH RND: 22 Newcastle12-82Toulouse
L1 RND: 22 Crusaders14-28Keighley
Fri 17th Sep
SL RND: 25 Leeds36-12Hull KR
SL RND: 25 Salford26-14St.Helens
SL RND: 25 Wakefield44-12Hull FC
SL RND: 25 Wigan12-8Catalans
NRL RND: 27 Manly42-6Sydney
Thu 16th Sep
SL RND: 25 Castleford24-40Warrington
Sun 12th Sep
SL RND: 24 Leigh26-18Wakefield
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 25
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 24 815 316 499 42
Penrith 24 640 280 360 42
Souths 24 775 453 322 40
Manly 24 744 492 252 32
Sydney 24 636 475 161 32
Parramatta 24 566 457 109 30
Newcastle 24 428 571 -143 24
Gold Coast 24 568 553 15 20
 
Cronulla 24 512 556 -44 20
Canberra 24 481 578 -97 20
St.George 24 474 616 -142 16
NZ Warriors 24 453 624 -171 16
Wests 24 500 714 -214 16
Brisbane 24 446 695 -249 14
NQL Cowboys 24 460 748 -288 14
Canterbury 24 340 710 -370 6
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 25
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 23 688 398 290 38 172.86 82.61
St.Helens 21 548 229 319 32 239.30 76.19
Warrington 21 588 354 234 31 166.10 73.81
Wigan 25 387 385 2 30 100.52 60
Leeds 24 556 440 116 26 126.36 54.17
Hull KR 20 497 458 39 20 108.52 50
 
Castleford 23 439 552 -113 22 79.53 47.83
Hull FC 21 409 476 -67 17 85.92 40.48
Huddersfield 24 460 516 -56 18 89.15 37.50
Wakefield 24 482 548 -66 18 87.96 37.50
Salford 22 402 586 -184 14 68.60 31.82
Leigh 22 356 870 -514 4 40.92 9.09
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 13 616 112 504 26 550 100
Featherstone 19 817 254 563 34 321.65 94.74
Halifax 19 512 323 189 26 158.51 68.42
Bradford 18 483 455 28 24 106.15 66.67
LondonB 18 504 499 5 21 101 63.89
Batley 19 525 370 155 24 141.89 63.16
 
Whitehaven 20 447 496 -49 21 90.12 52.50
York 19 470 455 15 16 103.30 42.11
Widnes 19 458 509 -51 15 89.98 39.47
Newcastle 18 381 521 -140 13 73.13 36.11
Sheffield 18 382 553 -171 13 69.08 36.11
Dewsbury 19 308 570 -262 13 54.04 34.21
Oldham 19 270 691 -421 5 39.07 13.16
Swinton 20 354 719 -365 3 49.24 7.50
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 22
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 17 596 275 321 27 216.73 79.41
Workington 15 471 310 161 21 151.94 70
Doncaster 18 503 400 103 24 125.75 66.67
Keighley 19 640 399 241 25 160.40 65.79
Crusaders 18 553 438 115 22 126.26 61.11
Hunslet 19 572 466 106 20 122.75 52.63
 
Rochdale 17 505 488 17 17 103.48 50
Coventry 17 407 460 -53 12 88.48 35.29
LondonS 18 292 577 -285 7 50.61 19.44
West Wales 18 208 896 -688 1 23.21 2.78
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
St.HelensW 7 370 36 334 12 1,027.78 85.71
WiganW 6 222 64 158 10 346.88 83.33
YorkW 6 186 102 84 8 182.35 66.67
CastlefordW 6 166 96 70 8 172.92 66.67
BradfordW 8 158 264 -106 6 59.85 37.50
Hudds W 7 104 288 -184 4 36.11 28.57
 
Wire W 8 150 334 -184 4 44.91 25
FeatherstoneW 8 122 338 -216 4 36.09 25
LeedsW 7 364 38 326 14 957.89 100
WakefieldW 7 50 332 -282 0 15.06 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X
::::::::