RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H)
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Tue May 04, 2021 7:13 pm  

User avatarchristopher wrote:
christopher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 9694
Location: West Yorkshire
doc-rhino wrote:
is that some scandal about lui and not really injured ? , newman wouldn't clearly be starting unless hurrell was dropped for his yep score of 4


Struggling to understand what on earth you are on about here to be honest.
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Tue May 04, 2021 7:47 pm  
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 9:25 pm
Posts: 2570
doc-rhino wrote:
is that some scandal about lui and not really injured ? , newman wouldn't clearly be starting unless hurrell was dropped for his yep score of 4


Weve currently got Mellor in the centre. If Newman was fit he would get a game i would think wouldnt you? All this rubbish started by Batley that Tetevano is the only starter out is absolutely crazy. I cant remember a single game where Lui was fit and didnt start, how the hell can he not be classed as a starter?

We have several starters out, several who would be on the bench and back ups to absentee starters out too.
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Tue May 04, 2021 7:48 pm  

doc-rhino wrote:
doc-rhino Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:55 pm
Posts: 1273
christopher wrote:
Struggling to understand what on earth you are on about here to be honest.
peter smith scored hurrell 4 out of 10 ten simple , otherwise wouuld have expected l sutcliffe and hurrell to be starting centres
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Tue May 04, 2021 7:53 pm  

doc-rhino wrote:
doc-rhino Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:55 pm
Posts: 1273
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! wrote:
Weve currently got Mellor in the centre. If Newman was fit he would get a game i would think wouldnt you? All this rubbish started by Batley that Tetevano is the only starter out is absolutely crazy. I cant remember a single game where Lui was fit and didnt start, how the hell can he not be classed as a starter?

We have several starters out, several who would be on the bench and back ups to absentee starters out too.
think myler gale lui tetevano out of last week's starting 13 in theory eastmond should be better than lui reality may be a different matter
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Tue May 04, 2021 9:27 pm  
Loiner at large Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:40 pm
Posts: 69
Not a Lui fan as I think he is a player that doesn't fulfil his
potential due to poor fitness. He doesn't offer a threat taking on the line.
What is clear from the last 2 years however is that we create many more chances with Lui and Myler/Walker on the pitch especially on the left with Handley being the main beneficiary. Lui has a good pass and links well but is not the half we need to take us to the next level. At the moment though he would significantly improve the team.
Hurrell as a second row is a non starter he would be a liability defensively and has the habit of dropping the ball. The Lautiti comparison is ludicrous as Ali was safer in possession holding it with one hand! Konnie needs to get fit and start performing in the centre. If he does that he will get a reduced contract offer as he has a bit of an x factor and offers something different but not on marquee money which must go on a stand off
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Wed May 05, 2021 6:55 am  

User avatarKaeruJim wrote:
KaeruJim User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:27 am
Posts: 2201
I just can’t see us going all-in for a new 6 having just signed Eastmond for 3 years. Unless Kyle is catastrophic this year expect him to be partnering Gale for some time.

We will sign again in the pack for 2022 because I think there will be one or two movements there.

Again I don’t know whether we’ll sign another outside back. T Briscoe is Mr Teflon rightly or wrongly, been in poor form most of the year so far - hopefully he will push through it. L Tindall is another option and we have Myler and Walker at FB next year.

The club might decide to play Broadbent on the wing for a season or two.

Our off-field work this year as a club is vital if we are going to break that ceiling into the best squads in the comp again. It would just be nice to see something like our first choice 13 on the park for a few games in succession.
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Wed May 05, 2021 8:32 am  
fanstanningley User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2002 6:11 pm
Posts: 10611
Location: Pudsey
KaeruJim wrote:
I just can’t see us going all-in for a new 6 having just signed Eastmond for 3 years. Unless Kyle is catastrophic this year expect him to be partnering Gale for some time.

We will sign again in the pack for 2022 because I think there will be one or two movements there.

Again I don’t know whether we’ll sign another outside back. T Briscoe is Mr Teflon rightly or wrongly, been in poor form most of the year so far - hopefully he will push through it. L Tindall is another option and we have Myler and Walker at FB next year.

The club might decide to play Broadbent on the wing for a season or two.

Our off-field work this year as a club is vital if we are going to break that ceiling into the best squads in the comp again. It would just be nice to see something like our first choice 13 on the park for a few games in succession.
If Eastmond doesnt improve then will have to look for a six.Eastmond i believe is contracted for two years not three.
I'm not a pheasant plucker, i'm a pheasant pluckers son and i'm only plucking pheasants till the pheasant plucker comes.
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Wed May 05, 2021 8:35 am  

Shabino wrote:
Shabino Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:39 pm
Posts: 1056
fanstanningley wrote:
If Eastmond doesnt improve then will have to look for a six.Eastmond i believe is contracted for two years not three.

Yeah 2. He'll do a job playing with Gale, but not much more.....
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Wed May 05, 2021 9:21 am  

Simmo71 wrote:
Simmo71 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:24 pm
Posts: 191
Loiner at large wrote:
Not a Lui fan as I think he is a player that doesn't fulfil his
potential due to poor fitness. He doesn't offer a threat taking on the line.
What is clear from the last 2 years however is that we create many more chances with Lui and Myler/Walker on the pitch especially on the left with Handley being the main beneficiary. Lui has a good pass and links well but is not the half we need to take us to the next level. At the moment though he would significantly improve the team.
Hurrell as a second row is a non starter he would be a liability defensively and has the habit of dropping the ball. The Lautiti comparison is ludicrous as Ali was safer in possession holding it with one hand! Konnie needs to get fit and start performing in the centre. If he does that he will get a reduced contract offer as he has a bit of an x factor and offers something different but not on marquee money which must go on a stand off



Spot on!
Re: RD 6 | Wakefield Trinity (H) Wed May 05, 2021 12:00 pm  
Loiner at large Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:40 pm
Posts: 69
KaeruJim wrote:
I just can’t see us going all-in for a new 6 having just signed Eastmond for 3 years. Unless Kyle is catastrophic this year expect him to be partnering Gale for some time.

We will sign again in the pack for 2022 because I think there will be one or two movements there.

Again I don’t know whether we’ll sign another outside back. T Briscoe is Mr Teflon rightly or wrongly, been in poor form most of the year so far - hopefully he will push through it. L Tindall is another option and we have Myler and Walker at FB next year.

The club might decide to play Broadbent on the wing for a season or two.

Our off-field work this year as a club is vital if we are going to break that ceiling into the best squads in the comp again. It would just be nice to see something like our first choice 13 on the park for a few games in succession.

Lui Martin Hurrell and King out of contract end of the year. Thats 4 quota spots including one marquee. Also question mark against Proir taking up his tear 3 option. I cannot accept that the club have decided Gale/Eastwood only options in the halves for next year. They will be 33 and 32 respectively next year so we need another option or face having to sign 2 down the line as there's nothing coming through in that position.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ALAW, Gotcha, lionarmour87 and 100 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,167,00179778,6216,308LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
TODAY 05:00
NRL
NZ Warriors
v
Melbourne
TODAY 07:05
NRL
Parramatta
v
Wests
TODAY 11:30
 CH
Halifax
v
York
TODAY 14:30
 L1
Crusaders
v
Doncaster
TODAY 15:00
 CH
Dewsbury
v
Toulouse
TODAY 15:00
 CH
Swinton
v
Newcastle
TODAY 15:00
 CH
Whitehaven
v
Batley
TODAY 15:00
 CH
Widnes
v
LondonB
TODAY 15:00
 L1
Coventry
v
Workington
TODAY 15:00
 L1
Keighley
v
West Wales
TODAY 16:30
 CH
Featherstone
v
Bradford
Sat 19th Jun 17:00
SL
Catalans
v
Leeds
Fri 25th Jun 19:30
SL
Salford
v
Leeds
Thu 1st Jul 19:45
SL
Leeds
v
Leigh
Mon 5th Jul 19:45
SL
Warrington
v
Leeds
Fri 9th Jul 19:45
SL
Leeds
v
Catalans
Fri 23rd Jul 19:45
SL
Leeds
v
Salford
Fri 30th Jul 19:45
SL
Hull FC
v
Leeds
Mon 2nd Aug 19:45
SL
Leeds
v
Warrington
Fri 6th Aug 19:45
SL
Leeds
v
Castleford
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Sat 12th Jun
SL
LIVE
Leigh30-36Catalans
NRL RND: 14 Gold Coast34-35Sydney
NRL RND: 14 Souths24-10Newcastle
NRL RND: 14 Canberra38-16Brisbane
CH
LIVE
Oldham28-32Sheffield
L1
LIVE
Barrow40-4Rochdale
L1
LIVE
LondonS10-62Hunslet
Fri 11th Jun
SL
LIVE
Hull KR40-4Salford
SL
LIVE
Warrington38-18Wakefield
NRL RND: 14 Manly50-18NQL Cowboys
NRL RND: 14 Cronulla19-18Penrith
Thu 10th Jun
SL RND: 9 Castleford12-30Hull FC
Wed 9th Jun
SOO RND: 1 Queensland6-50New South Wales
Sun 6th Jun
CH RND: 6 Bradford31-12Newcastle
CH RND: 6 Halifax46-12Sheffield
SL RND: 13 Wakefield30-20Leigh
NRL RND: 13 Newcastle4-40Parramatta
L1 RND: 5 Workington34-20Keighley
L1 RND: 5 Crusaders36-12Coventry
L1 RND: 5 Doncaster46-12LondonS
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 14
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Penrith 14 418 133 285 24
Melbourne 13 430 162 268 22
Parramatta 13 360 212 148 20
Souths 13 341 282 59 20
Sydney 13 379 223 156 18
Manly 13 315 282 33 14
 
St.George 13 293 284 9 12
NQL Cowboys 13 264 383 -119 12
NZ Warriors 12 265 305 -40 10
Cronulla 13 244 298 -54 10
Wests 13 280 334 -54 10
Gold Coast 14 318 380 -62 10
Canberra 13 257 321 -64 10
Newcastle 14 231 366 -135 10
Brisbane 14 232 436 -204 6
Canterbury 12 134 360 -226 2
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 9 268 142 126 16 188.73 88.89
St.Helens 8 206 70 136 14 294.29 87.50
Wigan 8 158 136 22 14 116.18 87.50
Warrington 9 302 157 145 13 192.36 72.22
Hull FC 9 179 143 36 11 125.17 61.11
Hull KR 9 223 204 19 10 109.31 55.56
 
Castleford 9 185 232 -47 8 79.74 44.44
Leeds 8 150 136 14 6 110.29 37.50
Huddersfield 8 150 162 -12 6 92.59 37.50
Wakefield 9 163 231 -68 4 70.56 22.22
Salford 9 106 289 -183 2 36.68 11.11
Leigh 9 134 322 -188 0 41.61 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 6 291 58 233 12 501.72 100
Featherstone 7 262 76 186 14 344.74 100
Bradford 8 228 172 56 14 132.56 87.50
Batley 7 204 140 64 10 145.71 71.43
LondonB 8 202 194 8 9 104.12 56.25
Halifax 8 241 129 112 8 186.82 50
 
York 8 213 150 63 8 142 50
Sheffield 9 211 249 -38 8 84.74 44.44
Widnes 8 204 239 -35 7 85.36 43.75
Dewsbury 7 103 171 -68 6 60.23 42.86
Whitehaven 8 140 254 -114 5 55.12 31.25
Oldham 9 134 330 -196 4 40.61 22.22
Newcastle 7 132 216 -84 3 61.11 21.43
Swinton 8 122 309 -187 0 39.48 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 5
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 5 211 62 149 10 340.32 100
Workington 5 180 94 86 8 191.49 80
Doncaster 5 182 126 56 8 144.44 80
Coventry 4 106 114 -8 4 92.98 50
Keighley 5 158 135 23 4 117.04 40
Rochdale 5 157 156 1 4 100.64 40
 
Crusaders 5 122 150 -28 4 81.33 40
Hunslet 5 84 137 -53 4 61.31 40
LondonS 4 104 150 -46 2 69.33 25
West Wales 5 70 250 -180 0 28 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 5
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
St.HelensW 3 230 6 224 6 3,833.33 100
LeedsW 3 214 22 192 6 972.73 100
WiganW 3 158 18 140 6 877.78 100
CastlefordW 3 104 24 80 6 433.33 100
YorkW 3 76 102 -26 2 74.51 33.33
Hudds W 3 38 178 -140 2 21.35 33.33
 
FeatherstoneW 4 74 164 -90 2 45.12 25
BradfordW 4 60 180 -120 2 33.33 25
Wire W 3 42 146 -104 0 28.77 0
WakefieldW 3 16 172 -156 0 9.30 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X