WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - RD 14 | Hull FC (A)
Re: RD 14 | Hull FC (A) Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:18 am  
fanstanningley User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

rugbyleague88 wrote:
I thought although Scott tried well that he was the cause of at least three of Leeds tries.

I think the only selection question for the final is Walker or Myler. Cuthbo for me will only get in now if Holroyd is banned. Cuthbo would have played last night if he was going to play the final otherwise he won't have played for nearly three weeks prior to the final.

I think it would be a good experience at a very early age for a prop if Holroyd got to play in the final and could set his career up. Further, I think he currently offers the strong hard yards and is reliable whereas Cuthbo can be prone to the odd error and isn't particularly needed when Prior and Smith are around.

I hope Holroyd isn't banned as it was a nothing incident but the RFL seem keen to punish it. Would Tues night count as part of his ban? Presumably, if he gets banned then Sarginson does also.

Finally, I would have had Sam Walters in last night over Bodene Thompson. This highlights why his signing was bad as this was the perfect opportunity to throw Walters in with a strong side and see how he went. I thought Thompson was pretty poor last night too, stifled the attack on too many occasions.
I also would have played Walters and then against Warrinington.I would go for Holroyd as he adds a bit of grunt..
I'm not a pheasant plucker, i'm a pheasant pluckers son and i'm only plucking pheasants till the pheasant plucker comes.
Re: RD 14 | Hull FC (A) Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:40 am  

User avatarLeedsLurch wrote:
LeedsLurch User avatar
Strong-running second rower

A good win after a slow first 20 minutes. All credit to Agar, he has made us a team again instead of a bunch of strangers stood on a field together. Looking forward to some sterner tests to see where we reall are. My gut feeling is that we are still a high, mid table side jnad top 4 by the end of the year will be a major achievement.
Thinking ahead to CC i owuld start Myler at FB, although Walker has the X factor he isnt match fit and it showed a couple of times last night and Wembley is a big pitch. We know from experience that players that are not 100% get found out at Wembley. I think if we see Walker run out against Warrington then it will be Myler who gets the nod for the final.
Loving the success and the silverware, keep them coming :)
Re: RD 14 | Hull FC (A) Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:25 am  

User avatarRHINO-MARK wrote:
RHINO-MARK User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

KaeruJim wrote:
If he doesn’t get banned would you pick him for the final?

Yes absolutely.
I really am rhinoms and haven't stolen his Avatar!
Re: RD 14 | Hull FC (A) Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:49 am  

rugbyleague88 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I suspect that Cuthbo and Walker will not play on Tues even if not playing in the final just in case there are any late drop outs.
Re: RD 14 | Hull FC (A) Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:22 am  
Dirty Pretty Thing Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

gulfcoast_highwayman wrote:
If Holroyd is banned surely it will only be one game? The Warrington match will take care of that

I thought I'd seen somewhere that the Warrington game won't count against any bans picked up this weekend. Could well be wrong though
Re: RD 14 | Hull FC (A) Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:24 am  
rollin thunder Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

The Walker, Myler debate maybe will come down to whether Lui is fully fit or too risky. Then its do we risk Lui and have walker on bench and leave Dwyer out. Or just leave Lui out and go with walker at FB then its straight Cuthbo or Holroyd
Re: RD 14 | Hull FC (A) Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:02 pm  

Wilde 3 wrote:
Wilde 3 Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

chapylad wrote:
Another good performance after a shaky start.
The one thing we did find out last night is that Myler is not a half back.
I must be the only one who has thought Handley to be a good winger.
Yes he has the odd blip but overall far better than the Briscoes and is getting better all the time.
Same with Donaldson who puts his body on the line every time he plays and puts in a bucket load of tackles.
Mik again played well so did Gale.
For me I would still play Myler at FB with Walker missing out.
Looks like Cuthbertson will get in to the 17 at the expense of Holroyd.
The only other comment is that if Mylers pass was called for a forward pass then the one from McNammara for Savelio`s try should have been called forward.
And not sure why Last didn`t stick Connor at HB as Mc Nammara had a decent game last time at FB.

Connor played Full Back against Cas when McNamara came on - Ben went to 6 and Jake to full back, so we did that last night. I like Connor at Full Back, plays a bit wider and is dangerous.
Re: RD 14 | Hull FC (A) Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:20 pm  

chapylad wrote:
chapylad Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Wilde 3 wrote:
Connor played Full Back against Cas when McNamara came on - Ben went to 6 and Jake to full back, so we did that last night. I like Connor at Full Back, plays a bit wider and is dangerous.

I get that Connor sort of fills the Bevan French role at Wigan but I was impressed with McNamara who seemed to go ok at Cas.
I thought he was playing at FB at the time.
Cheers mate for putting me right.
Re: RD 14 | Hull FC (A) Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:10 pm  

rugbyleague88 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I think connor is similar to Myler in that his game prefers the freedom of full back as opposed half back where you have to be directly involved in most plays.
Re: RD 14 | Hull FC (A) Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:02 am  

Shabino wrote:
Shabino Strong-running second rower

rollin thunder wrote:
The Walker, Myler debate maybe will come down to whether Lui is fully fit or too risky. Then its do we risk Lui and have walker on bench and leave Dwyer out. Or just leave Lui out and go with walker at FB then its straight Cuthbo or Holroyd

Wallet is the best full back at the club and is now fit. Think he will play. Myler has filled in manfully but misses out now for me, unless he gets a bench spot, but that's unlikely.
PreviousNext