RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - LOAN IN | Brett Ferres & James Harrison
Re: LOAN IN | Brett Ferres & James Harrison Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:46 am  

User avatarThe Eagle wrote:
The Eagle User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:07 pm
Posts: 15636
Location: Nottingham. 800 years ago outlaws stole from the rich. Little has changed here
Member for 17 years

I guess the key is where they sit in the pecking order. If they are ahead of the youngsters then it's a bad move. If it's as cover for the youngsters, or to allow the youngsters to be brought in gradually then it may not be a bad move.

It's certainly a strange one.
Re: LOAN IN | Brett Ferres & James Harrison Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:14 am  
mattsrhinos1978 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:37 am
Posts: 1234
Member for 4 years
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! wrote:
I think after yesterdays win the club have decided to bring him back to give some people something to complain about again.

Theyve taken the opportunity with relish.

Thats not it though Marty, Ferres is old, useless, a penaltymachine and full of errors imo. Not about wanting somthing to complain about. If you think he's better than that and its a good thing he's back, great, i disagree, just different opinions. For me, he's the last player id be bringing back, in any capacity. Happy Harrisons getting his chance which i know dosnt fit the wanting 'somthing to complain about' label, but he's the profile of player i like to see getting a chance...happy with that one.
Re: LOAN IN | Brett Ferres & James Harrison Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:48 am  
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 9:25 pm
Posts: 3104
Member for 6 years
The club has to realise that in defeats you can get victories. We lost against Wigan 2 week ago but youngsters Holroyd, McLelland, Newman, Oledski etc got valuable minutes in their development. Minutes that are vital for the club going forward.

Remains to be seen how long these 2 loanees play but they could take away minutes from Walters, Muizz, O'Connor who between them could easily cover the next month though i suspect both loanees have been brought in to cover prop rather than back row.
Re: LOAN IN | Brett Ferres & James Harrison Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:07 am  

User avatarBang wrote:
Bang User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:04 pm
Posts: 9734
Location: LDZ
Member for 15 years
Obviously short term thinking with these signings. Have the club ensured our young squad players they'll be guaranteed game time later in the season? Once the mid week games kick in.
YEAH LIKE WHATEVER!
TEAM UP! TEAM UP!
Re: LOAN IN | Brett Ferres & James Harrison Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:12 am  

User avatarchristopher wrote:
christopher User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 10251
Location: West Yorkshire
Member for 19 years
Ferres says he might not even play but part of his role is to help the younger players develop, by all accounts this is something he’s really good at. Might not be the daft move every one thinks it is
Re: LOAN IN | Brett Ferres & James Harrison Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:22 am  
mattsrhinos1978 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:37 am
Posts: 1234
Member for 4 years
If we need a loan signing of a player to help our young players develop, then theres something seriously wrong with our coaching set-up.
Re: LOAN IN | Brett Ferres & James Harrison Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:29 am  

User avatarchristopher wrote:
christopher User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 10251
Location: West Yorkshire
Member for 19 years
mattsrhinos1978 wrote:
If we need a loan signing of a player to help our young players develop, then theres something seriously wrong with our coaching set-up.


Who’s said we need it? It’s more likely using the fact that Fev aren’t playing so taking advantage of the opportunity that’s available.
Re: LOAN IN | Brett Ferres & James Harrison Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:05 pm  
mattsrhinos1978 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:37 am
Posts: 1234
Member for 4 years
christopher wrote:
Who’s said we need it? It’s more likely using the fact that Fev aren’t playing so taking advantage of the opportunity that’s available.

You said bringing him in might not be as daft a move as some are making out because he's going to work with our youngsters...If we dont need it then whys it a positive that he's coming in to do it?

Bringing a player in to do something ,off the field, that we dont need is still a daft move and If we do need it, then it dosnt say much for our coaching staff that a loan player can offer our youngsters something they cant.
Re: LOAN IN | Brett Ferres & James Harrison Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:15 pm  

User avatarchristopher wrote:
christopher User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 10251
Location: West Yorkshire
Member for 19 years
mattsrhinos1978 wrote:
You said bringing him in might not be as daft a move as some are making out because he's going to work with our youngsters...If we dont need it then whys it a positive that he's coming in to do it?

Bringing a player in to do something ,off the field, that we dont need is still a daft move and If we do need it, then it dosnt say much for our coaching staff that a loan player can offer our youngsters something they cant.


Because you’re looking at it in very black and white terms, just because hes been brought in doesn’t mean there’s a need, it could simply be that the opportunity has arrived because of Fevs situation not that there is a pressing need or something wrong with the coaching set up.

For there to be a positive outcome doesn’t mean there was a negative to begin with.
Re: LOAN IN | Brett Ferres & James Harrison Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:37 pm  

User avatarant1 wrote:
ant1 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 7:50 pm
Posts: 1116
Member for 20 years
Nightmare recruitment policy has Sinny gone mad?
One month is 4 weeks too many when it comes to Fatty Ferres
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FC Callum, Marty Grrrrrrrrrr!, The Magic Rat and 172 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.25Million 1,215 ↓-2378,8319,567
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre

TABLES:
Sat 12th Feb 12:30
SL
Leeds
v
Warrington
Fri 18th Feb 20:00
SL
Wigan
v
Leeds
Thu 24th Feb 20:00
SL
Leeds
v
Catalans
Thu 3rd Mar 20:00
SL
Wakefield
v
Leeds
Thu 10th Mar 20:00
SL
Leeds
v
Hull FC
Fri 18th Mar 20:00
SL
Salford
v
Leeds
Fri 1st Apr 20:00
SL
Leeds
v
St.Helens
Thu 14th Apr 20:00
SL
Leeds
v
Huddersfield
Mon 18th Apr 15:00
SL
Castleford
v
Leeds
Fri 22nd Apr 20:00
SL
Leeds
v
Toulouse
Fri 29th Apr 20:00
SL
Leeds
v
Hull KR
Sun 15th May 15:00
SL
Salford
v
Leeds
Fri 20th May 20:00
SL
Leeds
v
Wakefield
Fri 3rd Jun 20:00
SL
Warrington
v
Leeds
Fri 10th Jun 19:45
SL
Huddersfield
v
Leeds
Thu 23rd Jun 20:00
SL
St.Helens
v
Leeds
There are currently no matches to display.
Matches on TV
Mon 31st Jan
CH RND: 1 York-Featherstone
Mon 7th Feb
CH RND: 2 Featherstone-Leigh
Thu 10th Feb
SL RND: 1 St.Helens-Catalans
Fri 11th Feb
SL RND: 1 Hull KR-Wigan
Sat 12th Feb
SL RND: 1 Leeds-Warrington
SL RND: 1 Toulouse-Huddersfield
Thu 17th Feb
SL RND: 2 Warrington-Castleford
Fri 18th Feb
SL RND: 2 Wigan-Leeds
Sat 19th Feb
SL RND: 2 Hull FC-St.Helens
Thu 24th Feb
SL RND: 3 Leeds-Catalans
Fri 25th Feb
SL RND: 3 Hull KR-Salford
Thu 3rd Mar
SL RND: 4 Wakefield-Leeds
Fri 4th Mar
SL RND: 4 Warrington-Catalans
Thu 10th Mar
SL RND: 5 Leeds-Hull FC
Fri 11th Mar
SL RND: 5 St.Helens-Warrington
Sat 12th Mar
SL RND: 5 Huddersfield-Castleford
Thu 17th Mar
SL RND: 6 Wigan-Castleford
Fri 18th Mar
SL RND: 6 Salford-Leeds
Sat 19th Mar
SL RND: 6 Warrington-Wakefield
Thu 31st Mar
SL RND: 7 Wigan-Hull FC
Betfred Championship 2022 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Betfred League One 2022 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Betfred Super League XXVII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
RLFANS Recent Posts


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!









X
::::::::