WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - RD 10 | Wakefield Trinity (A) - OFF

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com RD 10 | Wakefield Trinity (A) - OFF

Re: RD 10 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:46 pm  

Jack Burton wrote:
Jack Burton Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:26 am
Posts: 249
Wouldn't it make more sense to swap our game with one of the clubs who've played a game more?
Re: RD 10 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:53 pm  

User avatarchristopher wrote:
christopher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 9161
Location: West Yorkshire
Jack Burton wrote:
Wouldn't it make more sense to swap our game with one of the clubs who've played a game more?



I think they will have tried to get Warrington/hull to swap games do we would have played Hull, but in fairness they have decided to play on regardless of having to have 6 players miss the game
Re: RD 10 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:59 pm  
little wayne69 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:45 pm
Posts: 4324
Thursdays game postponed.
Re: RD 10 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:06 pm  

Jack Burton wrote:
Jack Burton Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:26 am
Posts: 249
christopher wrote:
I think they will have tried to get Warrington/hull to swap games do we would have played Hull, but in fairness they have decided to play on regardless of having to have 6 players miss the game


So 6 Warrington players have to isolate?
Re: RD 10 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:26 pm  

Trebor1 wrote:
Trebor1 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:16 am
Posts: 2035
Very bad timing for us is this. Would have been an easy 2 points imo with a depleted Wakefield team. This restart is descending into farce
Re: RD 10 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:26 pm  
The Phantom Horseman Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:55 pm
Posts: 655
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! wrote:
Hard working kid O'Connor. Terry's son. Tough but undersized and offers little with the ball but will tackle all day and all night for you. When he 1st signed for the club i tnought he was dreadful but he had a knee injury at the time. He grew on me more i watched him.

Fev was very impressed by him when he dual regd with them.


He went ok at Fev but I wouldn't go further than that. As you say he's really undersized, from what I saw I thought he'd end up a solid, grafting Championship level forward, whereas when the likes of Holroyd and Oledzki played for us you could see thier potential at SL level.
Re: RD 10 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:07 pm  

chapylad wrote:
chapylad Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2002 1:20 pm
Posts: 4296
Location: location, location
Could/should teams be made to play their games if they have players who have contracted the virus?
Depending of course that it is confined to those players and tests are done say 24 hours before the game takes place?
Warrington with 6 players now in quarantine have agreed to play but Wakefield with 2 players refused to play.
We ourselves refused to play when 1 player had symptoms of the virus.
Thoughts?
Re: RD 10 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:10 pm  
little wayne69 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:45 pm
Posts: 4324
chapylad wrote:
Could/should teams be made to play their games if they have players who have contracted the virus?
Depending of course that it is confined to those players and tests are done say 24 hours before the game takes place?
Warrington with 6 players now in quarantine have agreed to play but Wakefield with 2 players refused to play.
We ourselves refused to play when 1 player had symptoms of the virus.
Thoughts?

Wakefield already had 3 players stood down besides those two you mention making 5 in all.
Re: RD 10 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:19 pm  

chapylad wrote:
chapylad Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2002 1:20 pm
Posts: 4296
Location: location, location
little wayne69 wrote:
Wakefield already had 3 players stood down besides those two you mention making 5 in all.

That`s fair enough mate I`m not saying what is right or wrong.
Just if teams should/shouldn`t play regardless of how many are missing providing the rest are tested.
Re: RD 10 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:23 pm  
mattsrhinos1978 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:37 am
Posts: 929
christopher wrote:
But they didn't and we are where we are, what's your suggestion? shut everything down until we get a full vaccine?

There are around 600 people out of 66+Million people in hospital with Covid 19, we have to start getting back to some kind of normal.

Agree 100%
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 85 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,073,56076578,2314,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts