WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - RD 13 | Catalan Dragons (H)

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com RD 13 | Catalan Dragons (H)

Re: Fans return 30th September Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:53 pm  

User avatarbatleyrhino wrote:
batleyrhino User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Have to say that a personal decision to back the club with £300 of your own money on a season ticket you don’t want a refund for us very different to a business agreeing to leave thousands in when it will be struggling to avoid redundancies in the coming weeks...
It's not how much talent you've got, it's what you do with it that counts.
Re: Fans return 30th September Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:54 am  

Shabino wrote:
Shabino Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

This season is done for me as a spectacle.
I won't be investing much time or money as a fan till next year now. Won't be a disaster for the game if we have to go back to semi-pro set up, and concentrate on the sport a bit more, not the business.......
Re: Fans return 30th September Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:24 am  

Jack Burton wrote:
Jack Burton Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Name one commercially successful semi pro sport with a tv deal?
Re: Fans return 30th September Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:54 am  

User avatarSal Paradise wrote:
Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

batleyrhino wrote:
Have to say that a personal decision to back the club with £300 of your own money on a season ticket you don’t want a refund for us very different to a business agreeing to leave thousands in when it will be struggling to avoid redundancies in the coming weeks...

Most commercial arrangements with be contractual with obligations on both sides - failure to meet those obligations make the contract null and void. You may have booked a table of 10 for the Wigan game but if the club cannot provide with a table of 10 for the Wigan game your obligation disappears. This will be the bit that hurts Leeds the most - season tickets are subsidised by the corporate entertaining/sponsorship monies
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.
Re: Fans return 30th September Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:45 pm  

User avatarbatleyrhino wrote:
batleyrhino User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Agreed, it's not hard to see where there is no "product" to sell, but I suppose a lot will be dependent on what payment terms there were, 100% up front for example and then its like getting money back from BA...
It's not how much talent you've got, it's what you do with it that counts.
Re: Fans return 30th September Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:34 pm  
The Ghost of '99 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Shabino wrote:
I won't be investing much time or money as a fan till next year now. Won't be a disaster for the game if we have to go back to semi-pro set up, and concentrate on the sport a bit more, not the business.......

A true loyal fan.
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."
Re: Fans return 30th September Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:42 am  

Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

batleyrhino wrote:
Agreed, it's not hard to see where there is no "product" to sell, but I suppose a lot will be dependent on what payment terms there were, 100% up front for example and then its like getting money back from BA...

Leeds have to take a long term view - losing corporate clients, especially as Leeds Utd are in the PL doesn't seem good business to me
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.
Re: Fans return 30th September Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:35 pm  

Trebor1 wrote:
Trebor1 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Shabino wrote:

That’s ludicrous
Re: Fans return 30th September Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:17 am  

User avatarfinglas wrote:
finglas User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Sal Paradise wrote:
Leeds have to take a long term view - losing corporate clients, especially as Leeds Utd are in the PL doesn't seem good business to me

I assume they will use the Ryanair model, we''ll arrange corporate and keep your money within the covid restrictions, it's up to you and your clients whether you come to the game or not and put yourselves at risk. Corporates won't put staff /clients at risk for fear of claims.
Hail Stewie Griffin wrote:
All dumbies those Irish folk

So you've met my wife
Re: Fans return 30th September Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:59 am  

Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

finglas wrote:
I assume they will use the Ryanair model, we''ll arrange corporate and keep your money within the covid restrictions, it's up to you and your clients whether you come to the game or not and put yourselves at risk. Corporates won't put staff /clients at risk for fear of claims.

I booked with Jet2 - it was cancelled I got my money back in 3 days - I also booked with Ryanair - still waiting - guess which airline will get my business in the future?

If crowds are not allowed in then the club have no option but to return the monies - if the client doesn't turn up that's a different matter then the club has every right to keep the cash.

Sponsorship is a tough one - client is expecting a certain amount of exposure that they cannot get as no attendance or not TV coverage - that's a negotiation?
PreviousNext