WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Covid strikes
Covid strikes Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:15 am  

chapylad wrote:
chapylad Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Six Hull FC players and 2 of the coaching staff tested positive for Covid.
Salford players could potentially be infected along with players from other teams who played that day.
Does this pose the risk of SL getting suspended for the season or are we too deep in our contract with Sky?
Re: Covid strikes Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:37 am  

User avatarGotcha wrote:
Gotcha User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Really wish they would just cancel the whole season and forget it. Let the credits start next season.

Cant help but think that some Hull players though have obviously gone against protocol and been out together. Cant see how else so many are confirmed at same time.
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.
Re: Covid strikes Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:50 am  

User avatarLeedsLurch wrote:
LeedsLurch User avatar
Strong-running second rower

Gotcha wrote:
Really wish they would just cancel the whole season and forget it. Let the credits start next season.

Cant help but think that some Hull players though have obviously gone against protocol and been out together. Cant see how else so many are confirmed at same time.

really, players in close proximity with a highly contagious virus, cant imagine how 8 at the same time might have contracted it?????
Loving the success and the silverware, keep them coming :)
Re: Covid strikes Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:49 am  

chapylad wrote:
chapylad Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Any further postponements on what is already a congested season is surely going to test the fitness of most squads.
Presumably the cancelled games will need to be played at some time and any more positive tests must make the season impossible to complete.
Re: Covid strikes Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:01 am  

User avatarGotcha wrote:
Gotcha User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

LeedsLurch wrote:
really, players in close proximity with a highly contagious virus, cant imagine how 8 at the same time might have contracted it?????

Pack in the sarcasm, and read it properly. It is quite clear. I clearly said OUT together. Sure one of them alone won't have been the trigger for all, that will be external to them.
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.
Re: Covid strikes Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:33 am  

Jack Burton wrote:
Jack Burton Strong-running second rower

Jenna Brooks has confirmed on twitter than the Salford tests have come back negative, but 11 players have to self isolate for 14 days.

Hopefully, that means the season can continue, but we will have to see what the rest of tests come back with.
Re: Covid strikes Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:59 pm  
The Ghost of '99 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

There is literally no financial alternative to continuing with the season. Those demanding it get cancelled for some reason evidently aren't interested in there being many clubs to play against next year.
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."
Re: Covid strikes Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:34 am  
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Testing players on a Tuesday is absolutely ridiculous when games are on Sat and Sunday. Just cos a player is negative on Tuesday doesnt mean they are negative come matchday.

It only takes 1 player to catch it and both his club and the opposition have to basically shutdown for 2 weeks as you have to pass 2 tests to return to work.

The issue here tho isnt the players, it wont effect them severly and they will recover, its their families and people they come into contact with.

The RFL or Super League simply have to orgsnise more testing.
Re: Covid strikes Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:24 am  

Jack Burton wrote:
Jack Burton Strong-running second rower

I'd say there needs to be stricter rules that the players have to follow. You look at the lengths other sports like cricket and the NRL have gone to, and I can't help but think the rules in place for SL players are slack.

I know that the players have taken significant pay cuts are have had to sacrifice a lot already, but there is simply too much riding on this season, we can't afford for the season to be cancelled.
Re: Covid strikes Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:44 am  

rugbyleague88 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

What are the rules on what Super League players can and cannot do? I'm sure I have seen players in cafes, bars and restaurants on Instagram feeds, however, I am reading stuff suggesting they are not allowed?