Jack Burton Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

RHINO-MARK wrote:
Is Oli the 9 mate?

Yea, he's the worst of the lot IMO
Re: 2020 | Under 18s Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:14 am  
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Hes been kept due to lack of options at the position we only have Jonah Parsons other than Oli as a 9 and for some unknown reason they keep wanting to play Jonah at 7.
Re: 2020 | Under 18s Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:46 am  

User avatarKaeruJim wrote:
KaeruJim User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Well I can kindof see the logic there Marty: we have good prospect forwards coming out of our ears at the moment; aside from the ones around first grade already, Edwards, Gannon, Gibbons, Wallace have good shouts (I'm sure there are others in the same bracket). Good problem to have IMO because I've been so frustrated with our first grade pack for years and years. Oledski, Holroyd, Walters, Smith, Mustapha are already floating about and O'Connor - who I'm not sure about yet. In fact I was surprised O'Connor was lined up for an appearance before Muizz, who seems to have shown significantly more so far.

At hooker, since we lost Johnson/signed Leeming, between he and Dwyer we seem to have reasonable cover for a number of years.

Centres, IF Broadbent makes it (and there are another couple of good prospects coming through), we're good there for a while too. With Alfie (is Sam Little still with us too?) and Walker then FB seems alright.

Where we look weak is succession planning at half, where McLelland will hopefully make it, but both Gale and Lui are "back-endish". Can't see any standout talent coming through the youth system here, and that's been the case for a while. Parsons has some pace and evasion about him so maybe they are thinking "Rob Burrow 2"...? Perhaps similar role with some cover between 7 and 9, I don't know.
Re: 2020 | Under 18s Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:15 pm  
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Weve got a good half coming thru system Jimbo but far too early to say at thr moment.

Edwards and Gannon are the 2 forwards coming thru that the club like at 17 year old. Gannon has put a lot of size on during lockdown which is seen as a positive.

Kids have lost an entire year of development unfortunately though have to see what impact that has on some.

Personally speaking i wouldnt have released Iwan Stephens but its done now.
Previous