WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - NEW COACH | Richard Agar - Rolling Contract

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com NEW COACH | Richard Agar - Rolling Contract

Posted by Gotcha on Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:06 pm
Gotcha User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 520
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

christopher wrote:
I think they will want to put the season properly to bed before having a big marketing push for next season, it will be interesting how they sell it to the floating fans that's for sure!

Or the loyal fans who will become floating ones.
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.
Posted by christopher on Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:19 pm
christopher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 530
Rep Position: 30th / 77,819

Gotcha wrote:
Or the loyal fans who will become floating ones.

Well, quite.

How many season tickets did we sell last year? it will be interesting to see how many sell for next year especially as the stadium is complete.

I do suspect we will see a drop in ST sales 3 crap seasons out of 4 will take its toll, although I should imagine corporate sales could be up because of the new facilities.
Posted by Bobtownrhino on Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:32 pm
Bobtownrhino Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 19
Rep Position: 278th / 77,819

rugbyleague88 wrote:
We will win the GF next season. JK.

I have just been sick from laughing that hard
Posted by KaeruJim on Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:16 pm
KaeruJim User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 729
Rep Position: 14th / 77,819

Even if they brought in the third marquee signing allowance, who could we get? Can’t honestly think of any British qualified players I’d go all-out for unless you’re in S Burgess territory.

Jake Connor is a loon and Trueman very young and untested.

Really if we want star draw that means signing from the NRL, and practically that would mean freeing up an o/seas quota spot - which might not be possible for 2020.

I could see a scenario where Merrin might go back to Aus if we were prepared to lose him, and then we could sign a word class bracket 7 or 8, maybe.

Lui was a big call given the quota spot he takes, given that he’s marginal for a Leeds 6 IMO.

Point is there’s a bit of Jenga to play before we get exciting new signings in from this point.
Posted by splaz on Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:43 pm
splaz Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 293rd / 77,819

KaeruJim wrote:
Anyone guess which coach had a 61% win ratio with Leeds, and is now enjoying a 93% win ration? Anyone?

Sorry but quoting win percentages everywhere is a fundamentally flawed argument.

It is one indicator.

Brian Mac had a 37% win percentage at London before joining Leeds, and we all know what happened then.

How does the coach relate to media and sponsors? How do they relate to the key leaders in the team? What style of rugby do they promote? Do they give youth a chance, and give them the protection and support they need? Are they honourable and in line with organisational values? Technical v emotional?

So many components make up a good coach, and unless you had different coaches operating at the same time with exactly the same players and fixtures, it's extremely difficult to compare.

Coaches are also human and change/develop over time, it's not even a fixed quantity.

There are a million different factors which support organisational success/winning trophies, it's far more complex than previous win ratios over timescales which suit one point of view.
Posted by kjrhino on Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:03 pm
kjrhino User avatar
Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 292nd / 77,819

KaeruJim wrote:
Even if they brought in the third marquee signing allowance, who could we get? Can’t honestly think of any British qualified players I’d go all-out for unless you’re in S Burgess territory.

Really if we want star draw that means signing from the NRL, and practically that would mean freeing up an o/seas quota spot - which might not be possible for 2020.

I could see a scenario where Merrin might go back to Aus if we were prepared to lose him, and then we could sign a word class bracket 7 or 8, maybe.

Lui was a big call given the quota spot he takes, given that he’s marginal for a Leeds 6 IMO.

Point is there’s a bit of Jenga to play before we get exciting new signings in from this point.

Heard on the grapevine that Leeds are after Gale, but depends on Cas getting Danny Richardson from Saints.
Posted by Gotcha on Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:18 pm
Gotcha User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 520
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,819

KaeruJim wrote:

Said it before and will repeat. The one Marquee Leeds should go for, and he is British, blow the whole lot on him, is Josh Hodgson. Such a quality hooker, and you would be hard pressed to find a British player who could influence us as much.
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.
Posted by Les Norton on Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:27 pm
Les Norton User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 95
Rep Position: 203rd / 77,819

Gotcha wrote:
Said it before and will repeat. The one Marquee Leeds should go for, and he is British, blow the whole lot on him, is Josh Hodgson. Such a quality hooker, and you would be hard pressed to find a British player who could influence us as much.

Now that would be a huge signing which would transform the team. It just wouldn’t happen though at this stage in his career.
Posted by Irregular Hoops on Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:11 pm
Irregular Hoops User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 172
Rep Position: 141st / 77,819

Poor mans Lee Radford
Posted by KaeruJim on Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:12 pm
KaeruJim User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 729
Rep Position: 14th / 77,819

Gotcha wrote:

Whilst I agree with you on his quality and influence on a side like Leeds, I would imagine we simply couldn't afford him? One of the top hookers in the world and totally embedded into an NRL side who's travelling well...

Maybe, maybe after the Raiders win a Premiership but couldn't see it otherwise, much as I'd like to.
PreviousNext