WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - New Head Coach - who's it going to be?

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com New Head Coach - who's it going to be?

Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be? Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:52 am  

McRhino wrote:
McRhino Stevo's Armpit

Days like these emphasise how much of a grave error sacking the most successful coach in the club's history was
Powell Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:01 pm  
taxi4stevesmith Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Now for me appointing Daryl Powell as Rhinos Coach a few months ago was the top of my list but in these last 3 or 4 months I've changed my mind somewhat. Is it me or has he turned into a moaning frustrated figure that we see on the Sky screen all the time? Headshaking fed up and always moaning about injuries and decisions etc while probably realising he's had enough chances to win something at Cas and hasn't or never will win anything? Thoughts.
Re: Powell Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:23 pm  

lionarmour87 wrote:
lionarmour87 Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

taxi4stevesmith wrote:
Now for me appointing Daryl Powell as Rhinos Coach a few months ago was the top of my list but in these last 3 or 4 months I've changed my mind somewhat. Is it me or has he turned into a moaning frustrated figure that we see on the Sky screen all the time? Headshaking fed up and always moaning about injuries and decisions etc while probably realising he's had enough chances to win something at Cas and hasn't or never will win anything? Thoughts.

His Cas team peaked in August 2017 .next year will be interesting can he take cas higher
Soon we will be dancing the Fandango

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB'S DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESS THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT IS.
JAMIE PEACOCK
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be? Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:51 pm  

Charlie Sheen User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

I maybe in the minority, but I think Powell has done a great job getting that Cas team into the play offs with the injuries they've had.
King Monkey wrote:
Maybe a spell in prison would do Graham good.

At least he'd lose his virginity.
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be? Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:07 pm  

HRS Rhino wrote:
HRS Rhino Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

I'd agree they've probably punched above their weight this year, but they don't have anything like the threat close to the line they had in 2017. It'll be a few years before they build a starting 17 that strong and bonded again. For me, Powell has probably taken Cas as far as he can.
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be? Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:18 pm  

User avatarBiff Tannen wrote:
Biff Tannen User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

HRS Rhino wrote:
I'd agree they've probably punched above their weight this year, but they don't have anything like the threat close to the line they had in 2017. It'll be a few years before they build a starting 17 that strong and bonded again. For me, Powell has probably taken Cas as far as he can.

Yeah they had a great group and system and Hardaker fit in so well for them it seemed the final cog in 2017 until his usual brain fart at the critical point. I enjoyed watching them but like you say not been the same team since despite doing well all things considered. Obviously missed Gale massively.

Depends how long they can hold on to Trueman for me as he will only get better so two or three more seasons with a team built around him and i still think cas will remain in the mix.
What you looking at?....Butt Head!!
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be? Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:01 am  

User avatarSal Paradise wrote:
Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Biff Tannen wrote:
Yeah they had a great group and system and Hardaker fit in so well for them it seemed the final cog in 2017 until his usual brain fart at the critical point. I enjoyed watching them but like you say not been the same team since despite doing well all things considered. Obviously missed Gale massively.

Depends how long they can hold on to Trueman for me as he will only get better so two or three more seasons with a team built around him and i still think cas will remain in the mix.

I don’t see the Trueman hype - a very one dimensional player that can be easily shut down. Cas got to the top 5 because of the dire standard of most teams in SL I.e. the best of a bad lot
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be? Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:18 am  
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Jeez Trueman is a sensational young player.
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be? Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:51 am  

User avatarGotcha wrote:
Gotcha User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! wrote:
Jeez Trueman is a sensational young player.

Absolutely brilliant. Cas were always punching above their weight because of the poop around him, yet he has all the skills.

And last nights match highlighted why you never judge players on age, and look at the birth certificate. Wigan’s absolute obsession with O’Loughlin is their big down fall. Absolute embarrassment of a player this season, and they are far better when he is out. Just like Leeds before them, too busy hanging on to sentiment instead of pulling forward the future.
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be? Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:47 pm  

User avatarClearwing wrote:
Clearwing User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Gotcha wrote:
Absolutely brilliant. Cas were always punching above their weight because of the poop around him, yet he has all the skills.

And last nights match highlighted why you never judge players on age, and look at the birth certificate. Wigan’s absolute obsession with O’Loughlin is their big down fall. Absolute embarrassment of a player this season, and they are far better when he is out. Just like Leeds before them, too busy hanging on to sentiment instead of pulling forward the future.

Really? Wigan would be one of the last clubs I'd accuse of this. O'Loughlin's best days are long gone, mind. I'll give you that one.
"Look, I'd never use injuries as an excuse..." Daryl Powell
PreviousNext