WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - New Head Coach - who's it going to be?

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com New Head Coach - who's it going to be?

Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be? Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:17 pm  

lionarmour87 wrote:
lionarmour87 Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

fanstanningley wrote:
it is and his results a considering the holes in this team are not too bad.As posted earlier if the season had started when Agar got the job we would be in joint 5th.Not too shabby with the squad we have.

Results business at the clubs he's coached
Soon we will be dancing the Fandango

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB'S DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESS THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT IS.
JAMIE PEACOCK
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be? Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:20 pm  
mattsrhinos1978 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

The Ghost of '99 wrote:
With the greatest respect the opinions of fans of other clubs are the last thing the club should or will factor into their decision.

You failed to quote the very nxt sentence saying his CV backs that opinion up.
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be? Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:32 pm  
taxi4stevesmith Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

fanstanningley wrote:
Precisely the decision to appoint Agar if true will be based on GH and KS daily observations of workings of the man with the squad.

Or a relative of Hetherington and a puppet for Sinny. Not to mention another cheap option. Likeable guy mind who could lead us towards mid-table if that's what your after!
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be? Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:11 pm  
The Biffs Back User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Surely it's in the best interests of the club both on the field and also off the field commercially to get the next coaching appointment right as so much revenue rests upon the business?

Leeds Rhinos is by far the best run SL club by a mile and they know only too well how much extra fans per game bring to the party over a season

Hypothetically speaking an extra 4,000 fans at each home game which is plausible if we were successful and @ £25 per ticket is £100,000 per game on the terraces alone is well over an extra million quid per season

Surely the next head coach will be chosen because they believe that he can bring a successful side and also the fans back to the ground by being successful/playing entertaining rugby?

If the club choose the easy and cheap option then surely they will lose big time?
"...To those people that wrote this team off...
to all those that criticised this team...
tonight's for you"

Sir Kevin Sinfield
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be? Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:24 pm  

User avatarKaeruJim wrote:
KaeruJim User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Maybe it’s time to get a bit humble. Leeds is a great club but it isn’t the only great club. We simply do not have the pick of any coach (or player) in the game, which I think some posters forget.

If Richard Agar is the best available candidate for what we need next year, and this appointment may not be longer than that in practice, then fine. Let’s get behind the team and give it a chance.

We could have the love child of Tony Smith and Craig Bellamy coaching us and we’re still not going to win anything without some better players for me.
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be? Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:42 pm  
mattsrhinos1978 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

KaeruJim wrote:
Maybe it’s time to get a bit humble. Leeds is a great club but it isn’t the only great club. We simply do not have the pick of any coach (or player) in the game, which I think some posters forget.

If Richard Agar is the best available candidate for what we need next year, and this appointment may not be longer than that in practice, then fine. Let’s get behind the team and give it a chance.

We could have the love child of Tony Smith and Craig Bellamy coaching us and we’re still not going to win anything without some better players for me.

Dont think anyone thinks we can just pick any coach in the game and theyd come, they just think we could pick a better coach than Agar, theres a massive middle ground between the two...Thinking we can do better than Agar is different to thinking we can have anyone we want.

Not important now though, he's getting the job, we'l get behind him and hope he does well.
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be? Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:43 pm  

User avatarKaeruJim wrote:
KaeruJim User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Well yes then who? Watson and Ward have done great jobs this year, but does that really translate to Leeds?

The Aussies are either assistants with no head experience, already well settled, or have some kind of cloud over them.

Powell ruled himself out and I feel he was the main hope at one stage.
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be? Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:04 pm  
fanstanningley User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

batleyrhino wrote:
Wouldn’t it be ironic if we lose next week and therefore finish 2 points about the team at the bottom, just like it was when he took over.
Up to this week if the season had started when Agar got the job we would be 5th so that for mine shows improvement.
I'm not a pheasant plucker, i'm a pheasant pluckers son and i'm only plucking pheasants till the pheasant plucker comes.
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be? Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:30 pm  

User avatarLes Norton wrote:
Les Norton User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

fanstanningley wrote:
Up to this week if the season had started when Agar got the job we would be 5th so that for mine shows improvement.

And out of the challenge cup to Bradford.
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be? Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:58 pm  
fanstanningley User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Les Norton wrote:
And out of the challenge cup to Bradford.
Agar had only been in the job a week.
I'm not a pheasant plucker, i'm a pheasant pluckers son and i'm only plucking pheasants till the pheasant plucker comes.
PreviousNext