WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - New Head Coach - who's it going to be?

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com New Head Coach - who's it going to be?

Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be? Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:32 pm  

FlexWheeler wrote:
FlexWheeler Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

In my opinion the only way keeping agar makes sense, or is acceptable, is that it's on a kind of steady the ship stop gap basis, until the real guy is available. No point making another wrong appointment if they aren't available right now. Agar isn't going to have us competing for titles again, but he can maybe point us in the right kind of direction so the right coach can come in to a ready made set up and go full steam.
''I'm the most intelligent man here and I intend to keep us alive''

''The most intelligent, is that a fact?''

''it is, sheriff has a wife, so does Mr Odwyer, and you're a widower''

''Yeah, what does that have to do with anything?''

.......''smart men don't get married''
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be? Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:32 pm  
fanstanningley User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

christopher wrote:
I hope he proves the doubters wrong too.

I think he’ll go better than many are suggesting. Do I think he’s the coach to take us back to winning silverware? I don’t think ultimately he is but I do think he’s the right coach for our current set up and situation, I totally understand I am in the minority... time will prove one of us correct.
I'm with you what the team needs now is a bit a stability.That saying I do hope KS is trying to shift out some of our under performing and simply not could enough contracted players to other clubs.Although who would take some of them i'm not so sure.
I'm not a pheasant plucker, i'm a pheasant pluckers son and i'm only plucking pheasants till the pheasant plucker comes.
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be? Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:34 pm  

User avatarchristopher wrote:
christopher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

FlexWheeler wrote:
In my opinion the only way keeping agar makes sense, or is acceptable, is that it's on a kind of steady the ship stop gap basis, until the real guy is available. No point making another wrong appointment if they aren't available right now. Agar isn't going to have us competing for titles again, but he can maybe point us in the right kind of direction so the right coach can come in to a ready made set up and go full steam.

I honestly think that is what’s happening but we’ll see what deal he is given
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be? Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:48 pm  
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Press conference at 9.30am Monday to announce Agar as Head Coach.
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be? Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:07 pm  

User avatarbatleyrhino wrote:
batleyrhino User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Wouldn’t it be ironic if we lose next week and therefore finish 2 points about the team at the bottom, just like it was when he took over.
It's not how much talent you've got, it's what you do with it that counts.
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be? Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:11 pm  
The Ghost of '99 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

mattsrhinos1978 wrote:
Im calling past success a history of getting teams to play to there full potential, playing above the sum of there parts in really good coaches cases. When good coaches do that, they then get the chance at bigger teams. Agar hasnt done that anywhere he's been...He's been seen as useless by fans of every team he's been at
With the greatest respect the opinions of fans of other clubs are the last thing the club should or will factor into their decision.
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be? Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:13 pm  

User avatarClearwing wrote:
Clearwing User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

FlexWheeler wrote:

Pretty much. I don't think shifting Agar to yet another role in the club should prove too problematic.
"Look, I'd never use injuries as an excuse..." Daryl Powell
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be? Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:37 pm  
fanstanningley User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

The Ghost of '99 wrote:
With the greatest respect the opinions of fans of other clubs are the last thing the club should or will factor into their decision.
Precisely the decision to appoint Agar if true will be based on GH and KS daily observations of workings of the man with the squad.
I'm not a pheasant plucker, i'm a pheasant pluckers son and i'm only plucking pheasants till the pheasant plucker comes.
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be? Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:58 pm  

sharky64 wrote:
sharky64 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

I’ve posted about Agar already but I will say again, if he’s got the players on side and after a period of gelling like a full pre season I think it could work as long as we have have a decent assistant! There is no point throwing money at a top name coach for it to fail because the players don’t like him or they wanted Agar, or Kev doesn’t like him. End of the day whether we like it or not Kev is in charge here and he will be the next CEO. We as fans should back him and give him a chance, they will have taken their time on this. Let’s hope it works.
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be? Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:06 pm  

User avatarbatleyrhino wrote:
batleyrhino User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

So we should pick the next coach based on who a bunch of failing players think they can work with?

That just perpetuates the problem, not solve it.
It's not how much talent you've got, it's what you do with it that counts.
PreviousNext