WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - New Head Coach - who's it going to be?

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com New Head Coach - who's it going to be?

Re: Wane
Post Sun May 19, 2019 2:13 pm
Posted by cheekydiddles on Sun May 19, 2019 2:13 pm
cheekydiddles Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 131
Rep Position: 179th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

shadwellrhino wrote:
If this is true then Sinfield should have backed him rather than sack him. The players need to man up and do whatever the coach tells them (whoever that coach might be). Their lousy performances have got us into this position-even though the squad isn’t great, it is massively underachieving.

100% agree
Posted by lionarmour87 on Sun May 19, 2019 3:45 pm
lionarmour87 Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 294
Rep Position: 82nd / 77,850

We actually believed the spin in 2016 about the reason for the relegation scrap was lack of training facilities due to the flood.then we won the 2017 GF after finishing a mediocre 2nd. Then two more terrible seasons .this team is what it is Poor ! Best coach in the world wont get much out of this group ,maybe the odd first half then collapse in the second . Sinfield knows more about the game than me ,but his pre match interview showed how worried he is
Soon we will be dancing the Fandango

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB'S DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESS THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT IS.
JAMIE PEACOCK
Re: New Head Coach - who's it going to be?
Post Sun May 19, 2019 11:31 pm
Posted by BrisbaneRhino on Sun May 19, 2019 11:31 pm
BrisbaneRhino User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 409
Rep Position: 51st / 77,850

The team is poor for sure, but the problem isn't so much the individuals but the complete lack of team effort. Agar alluded to it - no lack of effort when individuals are driving the ball in, but the lack of work off the ball in attack and defence just show they aren't working together as a unit at all. Add in our lack of kicking game and general control from halfback and we'll struggle to beat any SL side.

The onus is on the players - they can't fix ability but they sure as hell can fix effort. Agar's sole focus running up to the London game has to be around getting the team to somehow gel better. That might mean dropping some player(s) who seem to be doing better than others, but if the team works better sobeit. Right now its about doing whatever it takes.
Re: Wane
Post Mon May 20, 2019 4:28 am
Posted by Bang on Mon May 20, 2019 4:28 am
Bang User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 220
Rep Position: 117th / 77,850

Clearwing wrote:
Yeah, I like the way the guy sets up his side to play. Seems able to overcome a fair bit of adversity whereas Powell apparently cannot. Wane would be a gamble in so far as if he didn't turn things around in 10mins - and there's no precedent to say he would - then Headingley would be like a morgue. Smith would be given a bit more latitude in terms of getting things right on account of what he did for us in the past while an Australian of decent pedigree would be shown a bit of patience too.

Good post.
YEAH LIKE WHATEVER!
TEAM UP! TEAM UP!
Posted by Sal Paradise on Mon May 20, 2019 8:24 am
Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 289
Rep Position: 85th / 77,850

For me there is only one man - Tony Smith.

He has taken time away from the game and he should come back with renewed energy but he needs to be free of the likes of GH/RA & KS to manage the day to day of the first team. He needs his own coaching/conditioning team around him and he needs to create a siege mentality around that group.
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.
Posted by Gotcha on Mon May 20, 2019 8:44 am
Gotcha User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 526
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,850

Sal Paradise wrote:

He has taken time away from the game and he should come back with renewed energy but he needs to be free of the likes of GH/RA & KS to manage the day to day of the first team. He needs his own coaching/conditioning team around him and he needs to create a siege mentality around that group.

Not for me. Never go back. It needs something completely new now. And GH is the main one who needs to go.
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.
Post Mon May 20, 2019 11:51 am
Posted by The Magic Rat on Mon May 20, 2019 11:51 am
The Magic Rat User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 82
Rep Position: 222nd / 77,850

Sal Paradise wrote:

Is that the same Tony Smith you wanted sacked last time he was here?
Woody: Can I pour you a draft, Mr. Peterson?
Norm: A little early, isn't it Woody?
Woody: For a beer?
Norm: No, for stupid questions.
Post Mon May 20, 2019 12:35 pm
Posted by Trebor1 on Mon May 20, 2019 12:35 pm
Trebor1 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 495
Rep Position: 38th / 77,850

Smith fell out of love with the game. Not for me unless hes got his mojo back.
Posted by rollin thunder on Mon May 20, 2019 2:15 pm
rollin thunder Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 562
Rep Position: 27th / 77,850

Trebor1 wrote:
Smith fell out of love with the game. Not for me unless hes got his mojo back.

He's not the only one, i know so many people who just have turned their back on the game in last 4-5 years, my interest for the game waned about 4-5 years ago also, i don't really watch other games anymore, and i hardly used to miss any on Tv. watch the odd Nrl game now and sky plus when Leeds game are on.

So for me if Leeds do get relegated that's it for me i will stop following the game, i will just walk away and take my sky subscription with me as that's all a get it for. Buts that's another story, for a another thread.
Posted by Sal Paradise on Mon May 20, 2019 2:35 pm
Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 289
Rep Position: 85th / 77,850

The Magic Rat wrote:
Is that the same Tony Smith you wanted sacked last time he was here?

Yes, time moves on - it was obvious at the time that things had gone stale and a change was needed. He will at least get the basics correct i.e. goal line defence.
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.
PreviousNext