Biff Tannen User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 237
Rep Position: 76th / 77,692

Quiz Score: 0

Mild mannered Janitor wrote:
Not really.

I find the level's of disrespect dished out to professional sportsman by keyboard warriors a little annoying though

HTH

Just saying Hull are garbage in comparison to even your team of a few seasons back, that even in my opinion again was not all that as proved by its failure to make a GF and being in 3rd place now proves the strength of the competition as a whole.

If you disagree that's fair enough but you clearly threw the toys out and on the offensive. If you can't handle other people's opinions then stick to your own board where you can all blissfully blow smoke up each others aris's and pretend everything is rosy in the garden.
What you looking at?....Butt Head!!
Re: Relegation
Post Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:23 pm
Posted by KaeruJim on Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:23 pm
KaeruJim User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 446
Rep Position: 24th / 77,692

Hmm so we’re currently 10th and in all sorts of disarray, and HKR are 11th with quite a few ex-Leeds players in their squad....
Post Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:29 pm
Posted by Mr. Zucchini Head on Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:29 pm
Mr. Zucchini Head Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 251
Rep Position: 73rd / 77,692

Quiz Score: 8

Biff Tannen wrote:
Just saying Hull are garbage in comparison to even your team of a few seasons back, that even in my opinion again was not all that as proved by its failure to make a GF and being in 3rd place now proves the strength of the competition as a whole.

If you disagree that's fair enough but you clearly threw the toys out and on the offensive. If you can't handle other people's opinions then stick to your own board where you can all blissfully blow smoke up each others aris's and pretend everything is rosy in the garden.

Just to back up MMJ a bit.

I don't care whether anyone rates Hull or not, but I fully agree with him about the use of the word garbage. You are referring to elite sportsmen who are going out there and putting their bodies and potentially careers on the line week in week out for your entertainment. You might not think they are a particularly good side, but anyone who plays at this level deserves better than to be called garbage. It's a word that's thrown about far too much these days because it's so easy from behind a keyboard.
Post Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:22 pm
Posted by Biff Tannen on Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:22 pm
Biff Tannen User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 237
Rep Position: 76th / 77,692

Mr. Zucchini Head wrote:

I don't care whether anyone rates Hull or not, but I fully agree with him about the use of the word garbage. You are referring to elite sportsmen who are going out there and putting their bodies and potentially careers on the line week in week out for your entertainment. You might not think they are a particularly good side, but anyone who plays at this level deserves better than to be called garbage. It's a word that's thrown about far too much these days because it's so easy from behind a keyboard.

Seriously? You saying those Hull players were thinking careers on the line when clearly downing tools in some of the stuffings they have taken this season?

Anyway, nice little sermon but i still think this Hull team is garbage compared to a few years back and is punching way above its weight in 3rd. And BTW these sportsman are being paid good money so the fans that pay the money to fund the wages that make these pros have comfortable lives means that fans are entitled to have an opinion.
What you looking at?....Butt Head!!
Post Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:39 pm
Posted by hull2524 on Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:39 pm
hull2524 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 188
Rep Position: 99th / 77,692

garbage,well your right we have been garbage in a few matches, but we have always bounced back, we still have most of the players that won in 2017, and we are getting most of our injured players back, we could do the double this year, long shot I know but will you be doing it?, if where garbage what the hell are you ?
once a black and white always a black and white COYH
Post Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:54 pm
Posted by BrisbaneRhino on Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:54 pm
BrisbaneRhino User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 273
Rep Position: 66th / 77,692

Something worse than garbage? I don't see anybody arguing Leeds are better than Hull this year. I can understand touchiness around using the word 'garbage' but this is a forum, and the the Leeds one at that. We'd all use that word (and far worse if allowed to swear) about our own team many times over the past couple of years.

Back on topic....we're running into a tough set of fixtures and KR seem to be moving forwards. More worryingly so are London. They put in the effort and have a simple gameplan which they execute quite well, and importantly they know they're going to let in some points and lose games but don't let it rattle them. Without a halfback we can't even do that and our effort often goes wasted.
Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:34 am
Posted by Clearwing on Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:34 am
Clearwing User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 496
Rep Position: 21st / 77,692

Mr. Zucchini Head wrote:

I don't care whether anyone rates Hull or not, but I fully agree with him about the use of the word garbage. You are referring to elite sportsmen

Is he? :shock:
"The problem when you play Leeds is that they are a huge 'confidence' side. If you get on top of them, they will cower and go away, but when they get in front their chests puff out and they start whooping as they make tackles. " (Jon Wilkin)

“Leeds just wander around looking like they’re doing nothing” (Jon Wilkin)

"Jon Wilkin's tight pants and coffee shop have not helped him to see the bigger picture or allowed him to get a firm grip on reality." (leeds owl)
Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:27 am
Posted by KaeruJim on Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:27 am
KaeruJim User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 446
Rep Position: 24th / 77,692

BrisbaneRhino wrote:
Something worse than garbage? I don't see anybody arguing Leeds are better than Hull this year. I can understand touchiness around using the word 'garbage' but this is a forum, and the the Leeds one at that. We'd all use that word (and far worse if allowed to swear) about our own team many times over the past couple of years.

Back on topic....we're running into a tough set of fixtures and KR seem to be moving forwards. More worryingly so are London. They put in the effort and have a simple gameplan which they execute quite well, and importantly they know they're going to let in some points and lose games but don't let it rattle them. Without a halfback we can't even do that and our effort often goes wasted.

Agreed. Our end of set plays this year have been generally atrocious, we are unable to maintain any pressure, therefore lose the energy battle, therefore have our weaknesses exposed most weeks.
I’d like to see Myler let go. Never been a huge fan but even as a running half he hasn’t the pace IMO. Burrow or early McGuire is a running half.
Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:27 am
Posted by Sir Kevin Sinfield on Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:27 am
Sir Kevin Sinfield Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 657
Rep Position: 9th / 77,692

Jake the Peg wrote:
Leeds look really vulnerable unless you can bring in a decent half back. Whoever decided to spend marquee money on a back rower and a centre want sacking (unless they already have been). They need to be pivotal players only imo. 1, 6, 7 or 9 are the only positions I'd look

I don’t think Danny Richardson or Theo Fages are marquee players. They are average half backs really, but Saints are running away with the league. Pre season some may even have said Lolohea and Myler look a better half back pairing, our problem is both have had terrible seasons and Lolohea has now been written off as a half back.
Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:43 am
Posted by lionarmour87 on Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:43 am
lionarmour87 Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 151
Rep Position: 121st / 77,692

hull2524 wrote:
garbage,well your right we have been garbage in a few matches, but we have always bounced back, we still have most of the players that won in 2017, and we are getting most of our injured players back, we could do the double this year, long shot I know but will you be doing it?, if where garbage what the hell are you ?

I know WHERE Garbage is ,its in my bin and I know we're definitely garbage
Soon we will be dancing the Fandango

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB'S DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESS THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT IS.
JAMIE PEACOCK
PreviousNext