WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Relegation
Re: Relegation
Post Sat May 18, 2019 8:35 pm
Posted by Ferdy on Sat May 18, 2019 8:35 pm
Ferdy User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 8
Rep Position: 240th / 77,648

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:02 pm
Posts: 5698
Location: pudsey
London picking up a win at wakey, pressure is really on this shower of poop.
If your not cheating, your not trying. Barrie Mcdermott
Re: Relegation
Post Sat May 18, 2019 10:30 pm
Posted by Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! on Sat May 18, 2019 10:30 pm
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 236
Rep Position: 69th / 77,648

Quiz Score: 4

Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 9:25 pm
Posts: 1034
WireWireWire wrote:
No point crying about P&R now that your team have the very real threat of it happening to you. It's here, it's happening and you really wouldn't give it toss if it was anybody else but you lot down there.


I agree actually. If Leeds finish bottom and Super League/RFL change the rules to keep us up it would do more damage to the integrity of the sport than Leeds going down. It would be scandalous.

When Wigan cheated to stay up everyone was outraged there was no "it's good for the game that Wigan stay up" talk then.

If after 29 rounds we finish bottom we deserve to be Championship bound. In my gut I still see London going down however I wouldn't be surprised late in the year to see a few reserve teams turn out against them from clubs who have nothing to lose and have suffered at our hands over the last 15 years.

We simply need to get behind the club and team and hope we get out of this situation asap.
Re: Relegation
Post Sun May 19, 2019 2:50 am
Posted by ryano on Sun May 19, 2019 2:50 am
ryano User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 39
Rep Position: 209th / 77,648

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:02 am
Posts: 2955
I'm just glad there's no middle 8's. We'd be shafted!
"Arguably the best Rugby League side certainly in the last 40 years!" Phil Clarke.
Re: Relegation
Post Sun May 19, 2019 5:55 am
Posted by gulfcoast_highwayman on Sun May 19, 2019 5:55 am
gulfcoast_highwayman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 46
Rep Position: 202nd / 77,648

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 12:32 pm
Posts: 22410
Location: A Takron-Galtos of my own making
We're still shafted. Just a different kind of shafted.
Leeds Rhinos? 8 for you, Leeds Rhinos! You go, Leeds Rhinos.

And none for Castleford Tigers. Bye!
Re: Relegation
Post Sun May 19, 2019 6:36 am
Posted by Sir Kevin Sinfield on Sun May 19, 2019 6:36 am
Sir Kevin Sinfield Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 619
Rep Position: 8th / 77,648

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:57 am
Posts: 3242
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! wrote:
I agree actually. If Leeds finish bottom and Super League/RFL change the rules to keep us up it would do more damage to the integrity of the sport than Leeds going down. It would be scandalous.

When Wigan cheated to stay up everyone was outraged there was no "it's good for the game that Wigan stay up" talk then.

This is absolutely correct. At the time I was saying it would be great for the Championship to have Wigan playing in it. It would be a disaster if we go down, but the Leeds Bradford derby would be back, and we owe them one after last week.

Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! wrote:
however I wouldn't be surprised late in the year to see a few reserve teams turn out against them from clubs who have nothing to lose and have suffered at our hands over the last 15 years.

London play Wakefield and Castleford in their last 5 games. The pair would suffer financially without Leeds, as they get their biggest gate of the season playing us, they will be trying to keep us up for that reason.

London also play us and Hull kr in those last 5 games, if things are still this close they will be some tense games.

In fact looking at their remaining games London play both us and Hull kr twice, that’s 8 points that has to be shared between the bottom clubs. They are absolutely crucial games, starting with the magic fixture next week.
Re: Relegation
Post Sun May 19, 2019 8:39 am
Posted by jools on Sun May 19, 2019 8:39 am
jools User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 327
Rep Position: 38th / 77,648

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:02 pm
Posts: 9056
Leeds voted for P and R, now all of a sudden Leeds fans are wanting franchises back. Funny that.
Leeds won’t go down, neither should they with the marquee players on their books- but some bad luck with injuries as some squads have had and who knows.
This talk of it being bad for the sport is also a load of rubbish. Personally I don’t think it would be bad for the game if Leeds go down, I think it would be very good as money can be spread down to the lower leagues instead of concentrated on superleague. The sport needs money further down.
the future's bright the future's claret and gold
Re: Relegation
Post Sun May 19, 2019 9:14 am
Posted by KaeruJim on Sun May 19, 2019 9:14 am
KaeruJim User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 360
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,648

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:27 am
Posts: 749
jools wrote:
Leeds voted for P and R, now all of a sudden Leeds fans are wanting franchises back. Funny that.
Leeds won’t go down, neither should they with the marquee players on their books- but some bad luck with injuries as some squads have had and who knows.
This talk of it being bad for the sport is also a load of rubbish. Personally I don’t think it would be bad for the game if Leeds go down, I think it would be very good as money can be spread down to the lower leagues instead of concentrated on superleague. The sport needs money further down.

You’re assuming the Leeds fan base, corporate interest etc wouldn’t change if they were relegated. It would be a hammer blow for SL if Leeds went. Traditionally we’ve been the best supported club in SL and probably the biggest behind the scenes too. The trend is very challenging for Rugby League in general in today’s market place, junior playing numbers are well down etc.

If Leeds do go down they will 100% deserve to, but let’s not be naive about it. It would give those many myopic supporters of other clubs a good chuckle, as the whole game takes a backward step. Noses and faces.
Re: Relegation
Post Sun May 19, 2019 9:17 am
Posted by mattsrhinos1978 on Sun May 19, 2019 9:17 am
mattsrhinos1978 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 144
Rep Position: 114th / 77,648

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:37 am
Posts: 553
jools wrote:
Leeds voted for P and R, now all of a sudden Leeds fans are wanting franchises back. Funny that.
Leeds won’t go down, neither should they with the marquee players on their books- but some bad luck with injuries as some squads have had and who knows.
This talk of it being bad for the sport is also a load of rubbish. Personally I don’t think it would be bad for the game if Leeds go down, I think it would be very good as money can be spread down to the lower leagues instead of concentrated on superleague. The sport needs money further down.

I agree the rules shouldnt be changed just to keep Leeds in the comp, we'r absolute garbage and we'v made our own bed. But...

Lets not pretend Leeds going down would be good for the game. Everything Elstones doing is aimed towards the next TV deal, if he takes a product to sky without Leeds Rhinos as part of it, his hand is severely weakened. A poor TV deal means there wont be enough money for superleague clubs, never mind spreading the money round the lower leagues. Bums on seats is only part of clubs income, the TV deal is massively important, Salfords and Huddersfields crowds would barley pay the laundry bill. While its perfectly understandable for other fans to be loving the prospect of Leeds going down, all the money men, chairmen etc will be hoping they stay up.
Re: Relegation
Post Sun May 19, 2019 9:55 am
Posted by Gotcha on Sun May 19, 2019 9:55 am
Gotcha User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 316
Rep Position: 41st / 77,648

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 1:11 pm
Posts: 16487
What rules are people nattering on about? What a stupid suggestion to compare what Wigan did and what is been alluded to here. Wigan cheated a written rule when breaking the cap, for their own advantage.

The way the competition is set up going forward isn’t a rule, it’s changed a fair few times over recent years, it is an agreed format between the clubs. Just like they did last year, they can change again to suit. It will always be in the clubs and the games interests. Not some unfounded morality of some. As long as the majority agree to something it happens.
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.
Re: Relegation
Post Sun May 19, 2019 2:43 pm
Posted by jools on Sun May 19, 2019 2:43 pm
jools User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 327
Rep Position: 38th / 77,648

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:02 pm
Posts: 9056
mattsrhinos1978 wrote:
I agree the rules shouldnt be changed just to keep Leeds in the comp, we'r absolute garbage and we'v made our own bed. But...

Lets not pretend Leeds going down would be good for the game. Everything Elstones doing is aimed towards the next TV deal, if he takes a product to sky without Leeds Rhinos as part of it, his hand is severely weakened. A poor TV deal means there wont be enough money for superleague clubs, never mind spreading the money round the lower leagues. Bums on seats is only part of clubs income, the TV deal is massively important, Salfords and Huddersfields crowds would barley pay the laundry bill. While its perfectly understandable for other fans to be loving the prospect of Leeds going down, all the money men, chairmen etc will be hoping they stay up.


I would imagine the interest from Toronto will more than make up the tv deal interest. In fact- with both Bradford and Leeds in the championship perhaps the deal could be made for that too! Could strengthen a tv deal not weaken it. In fact Could be better for the game as a whole if Leeds go down.
As for the rest- leeds’ money .......goes to Leeds. Leeds Sponsorship money......goes to Leeds. The rest of the SL don’t get it.

The only difference Leeds makes to my club is a big crowd..... just once a year..... but a thousand rhinos fans buying a ticket for £22 once a year (and some of that goes back to Leeds anyway) isn’t going to make a huge amount of difference to my club. Won’t even pay the wage of a youngster.
Close a stand when London and Toronto are in town and save a bit in stewarding costs - the difference ain’t going to break our bank!
the future's bright the future's claret and gold
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AJC, ant1, Big Jim Slade, bullinenemyland, digger47, Dozy, Ex-Swarcliffe Rhino, Frosties., HRS Rhino, Joshheff90, knockon, lionarmour87, malcadele, Marty Grrrrrrrrrr!, midnight cowboy, Mr. Zucchini Head, Norman Stanley Fletcher, Riderofthepalehorse, rugbyleague88, Storekeeper81, tad rhino, tigertot, Trevork52 and 322 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,907,7872,09277,6484,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Fri 21st Jun 19:45
SLXXIV
ST.HELENS
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Sun 30th Jun 15:00
SLXXIV
LEEDS RHINOS
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Sun 7th Jul 15:30
SLXXIV
CASTLEFORD
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Fri 12th Jul 19:45
SLXXIV
LEEDS RHINOS
v
HULL KR
Sun 21st Jul 15:00
SLXXIV
LEEDS RHINOS
v
HULL FC
Fri 2nd Aug 19:45
SLXXIV
HUDDERSFIELD
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Fri 9th Aug 19:45
SLXXIV
LEEDS RHINOS
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Thu 15th Aug 19:45
SLXXIV
LEEDS RHINOS
v
ST.HELENS
Sun 1st Sep 15:00
SLXXIV
LONDON BRONCOS
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Fri 6th Sep 19:45
SLXXIV
LEEDS RHINOS
v
SALFORD
Fri 13th Sep 19:45
SLXXIV
LEEDS RHINOS
v
WARRINGTON
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






17