Posted by Gotcha on Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:35 am
Gotcha User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 551
Rep Position: 29th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Him wrote:
The only ones I’d say could be useful for us would be Garbutt, Amor, McGuire & Keinhorst.

I understand McGuire leaving. End of an era etc. But he’s still a better half than either of ours currently.
Amor again I understand why he left. He wasn’t exactly looking great while here but I think he’d help our pack.
Garbutt still not sure of the reasons why, they must be off-field reasons.
Keinhorst was a useful backup centre and decent second rower who would add some pace and decent line running to our backrow.

The rest of the OP’s list are very meh except for the likes of McIlorum and Atkins who were never Leeds players anyway.

Come on, whilst I agree with your point on only limited would make a difference, how did Keinhirst make that? Foster and Clarkson, especially Foster, were and definitely are now, miles better than Keinhorst. Foster would be a perfect squad player for us right now.

Also to the post further up, Mcshane didn’t go because of players in front of him, but because of his treatment. In all fairness, I like many others and the club, couldn’t really see that coming back to haunt us at the time.
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.
Re: Recruitment policy
Post Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:14 am
Posted by Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! on Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:14 am
Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 454
Rep Position: 43rd / 77,905

Quiz Score: 4

The one issue I have with Sir Kev and the recruitment policy is that he doesn't attend under 19s games and to me he should be spending more time with the 19s at the moment than with the 1st team. I know that sounds odd given our correct predicament but these kids need to form our, and Kevin's team over the next few years.

I get he can watch videos, I get he has eyes and ears attending such as Richard Agar, Simon Bell and of course Rob Burrow but its Kevin who needs to drive this through. It's absolutely critical for the club and it's the only way that Leeds will be successful again.

Its imperative that in 4 years time our first team contains lads like Newman, McLelland, Holroyd, Johnson, Walters, Trout and possibly Muizz, Broadbent, Dupree, Tindall etc that's half a team of young home grown players. Added to young lads like Mikolaj Smith and Walker and we've a real base. We can then add quality signings around them and the team has a chance yet our Director of Rugby isn't watching these lads live and that is very wrong to me.

I understand he needs to spend time with his family. Do that on Sunday to Wednesday not when your future team is playing.
Post Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:30 am
Posted by paddock on Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:30 am
paddock Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 309th / 77,905

Definitely seen Sir Kev at U19s games this year. Not saying all of them and he did seem to spend most of his time talking to Alex Simmons but he's been there
Post Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:52 am
Posted by Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! on Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:52 am
Free-scoring winger

paddock wrote:
Definitely seen Sir Kev at U19s games this year. Not saying all of them and he did seem to spend most of his time talking to Alex Simmons but he's been there

He stood with Alex Simmonds at one last season and also went to Wigan away last year. Not seen him attend one this year and asked him about it after London game.
Post Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:33 am
Posted by barham red on Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:33 am
barham red User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 40
Rep Position: 274th / 77,905

Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! wrote:
The one issue I have with Sir Kev and the recruitment policy is that he doesn't attend under 19s games and to me he should be spending more time with the 19s at the moment than with the 1st team. I know that sounds odd given our correct predicament but these kids need to form our, and Kevin's team over the next few years.

I get he can watch videos, I get he has eyes and ears attending such as Richard Agar, Simon Bell and of course Rob Burrow but its Kevin who needs to drive this through. It's absolutely critical for the club and it's the only way that Leeds will be successful again.

Its imperative that in 4 years time our first team contains lads like Newman, McLelland, Holroyd, Johnson, Walters, Trout and possibly Muizz, Broadbent, Dupree, Tindall etc that's half a team of young home grown players. Added to young lads like Mikolaj Smith and Walker and we've a real base. We can then add quality signings around them and the team has a chance yet our Director of Rugby isn't watching these lads live and that is very wrong to me.

I understand he needs to spend time with his family. Do that on Sunday to Wednesday not when your future team is playing.

Is Rich Agar at your club now........ things now make sense
Post Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:35 am
Posted by Brodie123 on Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:35 am
Brodie123 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 108
Rep Position: 208th / 77,905

To his credit Marty, he was at the the last under 19 game at Stanningley along with GH and DF . If he wasn't I was seeing things. LOL
Post Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:24 am
Posted by Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! on Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:24 am
Free-scoring winger

Brodie123 wrote:
To his credit Marty, he was at the the last under 19 game at Stanningley along with GH and DF . If he wasn't I was seeing things. LOL

Ah Ok. I couldn't make last one. GH is at Newcastle this lunchtime but no Sir Kev that I can see
Post Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:39 pm
Posted by Sir Kevin Sinfield on Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:39 pm
Sir Kevin Sinfield Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 790
Rep Position: 11th / 77,905

My summary of our recruitment policy is

Positives - Trent Merrin, Konrad Hurrell

Negatives - Signing Lolohea, releasing Garbutt without a replacement prop, releasing McGuire without a replacement half back. Missing the boat on so many players when we clearly have a lot of salary cap space left.

Neutral - Crosby, Donaldson
Post Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:33 am
Posted by exiledrhino on Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:33 am
exiledrhino Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 26
Rep Position: 288th / 77,905

Sir Kevin Sinfield wrote:
Missing the boat on so many players when we clearly have a lot of salary cap space left.

This is definitely part of my issue, there's been plenty of English players avaliable, who would have added a lot of value to the team. Greenwood and Watts come to mind. But you end up paying even more for an aussie to get them over who aren't as good.

I'd rather target decent level SL players than gambling on random little-known NRL players. I wonder what kind of salary the seemingly average Cronulla prop we were linked with was offered, and how that would compare to many equally good SL props.
Post Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:34 am
Posted by exiledrhino on Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:34 am
exiledrhino Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 26
Rep Position: 288th / 77,905

christopher wrote:
Hurrell was not a luxury signing, we needed a centre and someone to fill the gap of strong runner when Hall left, he has been one of very few positives of this season.

I agree he has been our best player this season but I still think he's a luxury. How many games has he won for us?

I'd rather have a good squad without star players than a rubbish squad with one or 2 stars. Having said that I am really enjoying watching Hurrell.
PreviousNext