WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 2019 l Academy U19s
Re: 2019 l Academy U19s
Post Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:05 pm
Posted by Pill rhino on Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:05 pm
Pill rhino Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 38
Rep Position: 266th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:53 pm
Posts: 94
Everyone says we have the best group of youngsters for ages but they aren't as good as Wigan and Saints. Still much work to do me thinks?
Re: 2019 l Academy U19s
Post Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:37 pm
Posted by KaeruJim on Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:37 pm
KaeruJim User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 753
Rep Position: 13th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:27 am
Posts: 1533
Don’t go too much on the Academy results mate, Leeds’ full side who technically qualify for this age group would be a handful. The side has been chopped and changed throughout the season to better develop the more talented lads and have a look at the squad players -
we don’t quite have the strength in depth to get over the other better sides that being the case.

Wigan and Saints have some great prospects themselves too of course, both are very good sides.
Re: 2019 l Academy U19s
Post Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:55 pm
Posted by mattsrhinos1978 on Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:55 pm
mattsrhinos1978 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 246
Rep Position: 101st / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:37 am
Posts: 744
KaeruJim wrote:
Don’t go too much on the Academy results mate, Leeds’ full side who technically qualify for this age group would be a handful. The side has been chopped and changed throughout the season to better develop the more talented lads and have a look at the squad players -
we don’t quite have the strength in depth to get over the other better sides that being the case.

Wigan and Saints have some great prospects themselves too of course, both are very good sides.

This...McCllelland, Newman, Broadbent, Mustapha, Holroyd and Johnson were all eligible and all missing against Saints, Jack Walker only misses out on still being academy eligible by a matter of days. We'v got some great fantastic talent at the club, the good thing is...So do Saints and Wigan especially, a couple of other teams like Huddersfield aswel. The More talent in the country the better and its the best its been in the UK for a long time imo.
Re: 2019 l Academy U19s
Post Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:12 pm
Posted by KaeruJim on Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:12 pm
KaeruJim User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 753
Rep Position: 13th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:27 am
Posts: 1533
Yep totally. Despite some doom and gloom as per, there is a really athletic and talented bunch of lads coming through across the comp at the moment, and a fair few are being given a chance at first grade too.

I have no concerns at all about our youth development in terms of the quality coming through now - we don’t need to win the academy championship every year, but we do need to identify just a couple of potential first graders.

Andrew Stewart is another one I noticed from the younger age group actually - he plays aggressive and has some ability from what I’ve seen (centre).
Re: 2019 l Academy U19s
Post Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:44 am
Posted by RHINO-MARK on Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:44 am
RHINO-MARK User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 321
Rep Position: 73rd / 77,850

Quiz Score: 48

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:46 pm
Posts: 1885
Pill rhino wrote:
Everyone says we have the best group of youngsters for ages but they aren't as good as Wigan and Saints. Still much work to do me thinks?

Since when has Team results or other Clubs jnrs defined the quality of our jnrs?
Mustapha Johnson Holroyd Trout Walters Broadbent Newman have all been taken out of our u19's either for loan or injury or 1st team in Newmans case & every one of them as good as their ST's or Wigan counterparts.
There are also plenty of potential future stars in the 16's & 15's.
When England beat the Ausdie schoolboys 7 of that squad were Leeds players so when we say we have the group in a long time its true.
I really am rhinoms and haven't stolen his Avatar!
Re: 2019 l Academy U19s
Post Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:12 pm
Posted by mattsrhinos1978 on Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:12 pm
mattsrhinos1978 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 246
Rep Position: 101st / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:37 am
Posts: 744
Anybody know anything about us signing Corey Hall, the Yorkshire Academy outside back, from Wigan? Iv heard nothing about it, but In todays England Academy squad announcement, its got him down as a Leeds Rhinos player, his own twitter account also says Leeds Rhinos.

He was very highly regarded at Wakefield before moving to Wigans Academy.

Also...Rhian Rowley, Joe Burton, Iwen Stephens and Liam Tindall have been selected in the squad.
Re: 2019 l Academy U19s
Post Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:29 pm
Posted by Pill rhino on Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:29 pm
Pill rhino Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 38
Rep Position: 266th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:53 pm
Posts: 94
Interesting
Re: 2019 l Academy U19s
Post Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:58 pm
Posted by mattsrhinos1978 on Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:58 pm
mattsrhinos1978 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 246
Rep Position: 101st / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:37 am
Posts: 744
Just to follow up on the corey Hall point...Wigans official site only mention Hanley and Rushton as there players selected in there piece on the England Academy squad and also have Hall down as a Leeds player. Leeds official site dosnt mention Hall, but congratulates the other 4.

In summary....Wigans official site, The RFLs official site and Halls twitter account, all have him as a Leeds player.

Seems to be some legs to it.
Re: 2019 l Academy U19s
Post Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:13 pm
Posted by Gotcha on Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:13 pm
Gotcha User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 526
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 1:11 pm
Posts: 16902
mattsrhinos1978 wrote:
Anybody know anything about us signing Corey Hall, the Yorkshire Academy outside back, from Wigan? Iv heard nothing about it, but In todays England Academy squad announcement, its got him down as a Leeds Rhinos player, his own twitter account also says Leeds Rhinos.

He was very highly regarded at Wakefield before moving to Wigans Academy.

Also...Rhian Rowley, Joe Burton, Iwen Stephens and Liam Tindall have been selected in the squad.


Not heard a thing, and think a mistake, but my lad just pointed out your post to me, as only last night I was saying how I wish Leeds would sign that Corey Hall for a bit of comp, as he is going to be yet another quality winger coming through at Wigan :D
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.
Re: 2019 l Academy U19s
Post Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:24 pm
Posted by mattsrhinos1978 on Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:24 pm
mattsrhinos1978 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 246
Rep Position: 101st / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:37 am
Posts: 744
Gotcha wrote:
Not heard a thing, and think a mistake, but my lad just pointed out your post to me, as only last night I was saying how I wish Leeds would sign that Corey Hall for a bit of comp, as he is going to be yet another quality winger coming through at Wigan :D

Yeah i thought it was just a mistake when i seen the squad announcment, cant see why Wigan would let him go. Its his own twitter account handle which says... 'Leeds Rhinos // managed by SMTMUK' which peaked my interest. Like you say, maybe nothing in it.

Would be very happy if we had though, going to be a player, first year Academy last season and a very young first year at that, only missed still being eligible for Scholrship by a month.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bewildered, cheekydiddles, Ex-Swarcliffe Rhino, finglas, FoxyRhino, Google [Bot], LazyRhino and 167 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,967,99791877,8504,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





17