WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - SL RD 2 | Wigan Warriors (A)

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com SL RD 2 | Wigan Warriors (A)

Re: SL RD 2 | Wigan Warriors (A)
Post Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:26 pm
Posted by batleyrhino on Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:26 pm
batleyrhino User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 318
Rep Position: 75th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! wrote:
But if the contracted player says no what can you do? I'm sure all the players mentioned can leave for nothing.

I get your point and the approach isn’t very ”humanitarian”, but the answer is you tell them they will sit in the stands and not play, meaning their value to their next employer might not be what it is now.
It's not how much talent you've got, it's what you do with it that counts.
Re: SL RD 2 | Wigan Warriors (A)
Post Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:51 pm
Posted by KaeruJim on Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:51 pm
KaeruJim User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 729
Rep Position: 14th / 77,819

Quiz Score: 0

batleyrhino wrote:
I get your point and the approach isn’t very ”humanitarian”, but the answer is you tell them they will sit in the stands and not play, meaning their value to their next employer might not be what it is now.

It's not about "humanitarianism", it's about decency and professionalism I would suggest. The culture of the club/organisation is more important than expedience because we made some errors of judgement. As a club we need to take our medicine and get on with it.
Leeds built an unprecedented era of success on developing a culture which produced a winning side. You don't get that by stiff-arming employees when it suits you IMO.
The old mistakes will be washed out of the system in another season or two, to be replaced by brand new mistakes no doubt!
Previous