WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - OUT 2020 | Jamie Jones-Buchanan - Retirement

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com OUT 2020 | Jamie Jones-Buchanan - Retirement

Posted by Jrrhino on Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:38 pm
Jrrhino Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 71
Rep Position: 218th / 77,790

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:54 pm
Posts: 404
doc-rhino wrote:
great bloke very generous to label a legend


JJB has given 20 long and hard years of dedicated work just like Sinfield, Mcguire,Burrow and Peacock (although he wasn't a rhino for as long as the others). JJB is as much apart of the Golden Generation as all these other legends so in my eyes JJB will go down in the Leeds Rhinos history a legend of the club.
Posted by Rhinoshaund III on Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:20 pm
Rhinoshaund III User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 102
Rep Position: 187th / 77,790

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:05 pm
Posts: 860
Jrrhino wrote:
JJB has given 20 long and hard years of dedicated work just like Sinfield, Mcguire,Burrow and Peacock (although he wasn't a rhino for as long as the others). JJB is as much apart of the Golden Generation as all these other legends so in my eyes JJB will go down in the Leeds Rhinos history a legend of the club.


Agreed.

Doc, give your head a shake. JJB, for me, is 2nd behind Sinfield as the most important player/person Leeds have had for the last 10/15 years.
Image

Never Underestimate A Rhino

Challenge Cup Winners 1909–10, 1922–23, 1931–32, 1935–36, 1940–41, 1941–42, 1956–57, 1967–68, 1976–77, 1977–78, 1999, 2014, 2015
Superleague Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017
Championship Winners 1960–61, 1968–69, 1971–72
World Club Champions 2005, 2008, 2012
Premiership Winners 1974–75, 1978–79
SL League Leaders 2004, 2009, 2015
Posted by doc-rhino on Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:25 pm
doc-rhino Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 18
Rep Position: 271st / 77,790

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:55 pm
Posts: 806
above JP?
Posted by doc-rhino on Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:52 pm
doc-rhino Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 18
Rep Position: 271st / 77,790

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:55 pm
Posts: 806
differentiate between legends , great players and clubmen and he's in the latter
compare to the 70s side sinfield and jp = ward and holmes
jjb =neil hague
Posted by Lanzarote Rhino on Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:11 pm
Lanzarote Rhino Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 75
Rep Position: 214th / 77,790

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:46 am
Posts: 134
Neil Hague !,a very good player but not in the same league as Willie Oulton !!!
Posted by Gotcha on Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:20 am
Gotcha User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 453
Rep Position: 35th / 77,790

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 1:11 pm
Posts: 16715
Jrrhino wrote:
JJB has given 20 long and hard years of dedicated work just like Sinfield, Mcguire,Burrow and Peacock (although he wasn't a rhino for as long as the others). JJB is as much apart of the Golden Generation as all these other legends so in my eyes JJB will go down in the Leeds Rhinos history a legend of the club.


There is a difference between been part of a golden generation, and a “legend”. Simply throwing down the term is completely ignoring and undermining what credit should be given to the true influences, and of similar in the past.

By all means use the term legendary team, but for individuals there needs to be far more influence than that. Only one was a true Legend, and another was a legend of the game.
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.
Posted by RHINO-MARK on Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:30 am
RHINO-MARK User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 314
Rep Position: 65th / 77,790

Quiz Score: 48

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:46 pm
Posts: 1818
Gotcha wrote:
There is a difference between been part of a golden generation, and a “legend”. Simply throwing down the term is completely ignoring and undermining what credit should be given to the true influences, and of similar in the past.

By all means use the term legendary team, but for individuals there needs to be far more influence than that. Only one was a true Legend, and another was a legend of the game.

WHAT?
He was part of the foundations that built & continued that Golden genetation.
100% he's a Legend as are the others mentioned his influence may have been a lot different to the likes of Sinfield etc but he still played a hige part & is much more than just a part of a legendry team.
I really am rhinoms and haven't stolen his Avatar!
Posted by Gotcha on Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:42 am
Gotcha User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 453
Rep Position: 35th / 77,790

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 1:11 pm
Posts: 16715
RHINO-MARK wrote:
WHAT?
He was part of the foundations that built & continued that Golden genetation.
100% he's a Legend as are the others mentioned his influence may have been a lot different to the likes of Sinfield etc but he still played a hige part & is much more than just a part of a legendry team.


He was an average player part of a great team. We play a team game. Without the true “legend” he would have been long forgotten. But he played his part in that team, putting his body on the line. We should be thankful of that. But “legend” sounds like bloody kids talk, when you throw it round like confetti, and seriously puts down the true meaning.
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.
Posted by Sir Kevin Sinfield on Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:45 am
Sir Kevin Sinfield Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 743
Rep Position: 10th / 77,790

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:57 am
Posts: 3416
doc-rhino wrote:
great bloke very generous to label a legend

Utter rubbish, what a terrible and disrespectful comment to make.
Posted by RHINO-MARK on Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:19 am
RHINO-MARK User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 314
Rep Position: 65th / 77,790

Quiz Score: 48

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:46 pm
Posts: 1818
Gotcha wrote:
He was an average player part of a great team. We play a team game. Without the true “legend” he would have been long forgotten. But he played his part in that team, putting his body on the line. We should be thankful of that. But “legend” sounds like bloody kids talk, when you throw it round like confetti, and seriously puts down the true meaning.

Kids talk really?
Legend can cover all different types of player & different influences it doesn't put anything down whatsoever as for being "Average," absolute BS.
I really am rhinoms and haven't stolen his Avatar!
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AJC, bewildered, Biff Tannen, fanstanningley, Frosties., Him, HRS Rhino, Jrrhino, Lanzarote Rhino, leedsbarmyarmy, malcadele, OldFart2, Prop-per Rhino's Fan, The Magic Rat and 271 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,940,2271,88177,7904,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
 Full Time (Hover Score) 
NRL
NEWCASTLE
42-6
NQL COWBOYS
 Full Time (Hover Score) 
NRL
MELBOURNE STORM
18-22
CANBERRA
 Full Time (Hover Score) 
NRL
SOUTHS
6-14
CANTERBURY
 Full Time  
WSL
LEEDSW
26-36
CASTLEFORDW
 Full Time  
 CH1
WEST WALES
16-56
CRUSADERS
 Full Time  
SLXXIV
HULL FC
22-44
SALFORD
 Full Time  
SLXXIV
CATALAN DRAGONS
4-17
LONDON BRONCOS
 Full Time  
 CH
TORONTO
46-0
ROCHDALE
 Full Time  
 CH
TOULOUSE
46-0
BATLEY BULLDOGS
Sun 1st Sep 15:00
SLXXIV
LONDON BRONCOS
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Fri 6th Sep 19:45
SLXXIV
LEEDS RHINOS
v
SALFORD
Fri 13th Sep 19:45
SLXXIV
LEEDS RHINOS
v
WARRINGTON
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






17