WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The ONLY LUFC Football Thread

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com The ONLY LUFC Football Thread

Re: The ONLY LUFC Football Thread Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:40 pm  

Trebor1 wrote:
Trebor1 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Jack Burton wrote:
No point in engaging with someone with an agenda from 45 years ago.

It's not like we rhino fans don't complain about the pitch for months after the start of every SL season.

Indeed
Re: The ONLY LUFC Football Thread Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:34 pm  

chapylad wrote:
chapylad Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Biff Tannen wrote:
Trouble is mate decent strikers only need a couple of chances to score.
Bamford always takes that extra touch instead of having a go.
Apart from the one I mentioned previously he didn`t control a peach of a pass from Harrison as well.
The tempo we played at when the season started has gone.
Maybe teams have sussed us out.

you say that but we still created a couple of golden chances. i'm thinking the rodrigo chance after 6 minutes where he really should have scored from a few yards out, he seems to be the nearly man when it comes to converting chances right now. also Harrison second half i think if he hits the target like he should he scores and bamford with a few good looks like you said. the only chances really they had were the goal and then the gift alioski gave them in the second half, kiko had virtually nothing to do. it always felt like they had a bit more control than us but when you look at the game as a whole there was little between the sides and that was us on a pretty meh day at best.[/quote]
Think the quotes. got mixed up there mate.
It was Trebor who said Bamford was starved and I replied saying good strikers only need a couple of chances to score.
I know it won`t ever happen but I would love to see Bamford at 10 and Rodrigo up front
Some of the teams at the bottom who will strengthen in this window and a few losses for us and it`s squeaky bum time.
On the other hand a couple of wins and things will look ok again.
Re: The ONLY LUFC Football Thread Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:52 pm  

Jack Burton wrote:
Jack Burton Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I'm not convinced Rodrigo is a better finisher than Bamford anyway, to be honest
Re: The ONLY LUFC Football Thread Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:05 pm  

Trebor1 wrote:
Bronze RLFANS Member

Jack Burton wrote:
I'm not convinced Rodrigo is a better finisher than Bamford anyway, to be honest

He’s certainly not prolific he never has been but he’s very good all round. He’s Spain’s 9 so that tells you enough. I’m not sure we’re playing him in his best position and the system Bielsa plays is totally different to what he’s had at Valencia. I think we’ll see best of him when he gets more service from better players. He was very good before having to miss 2 weeks self isolating. He’s not got that form quite back yet
Re: The ONLY LUFC Football Thread Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:18 am  

Trebor1 wrote:
Bronze RLFANS Member

I see Radrizanni has set tongues wagging again on social media. Liked a tweet from a Leeds fan about going after Rodrigo De Paul... probably just mischievous
Re: The ONLY LUFC Football Thread Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:36 pm  

chapylad wrote:
Bronze RLFANS Member

It`s a strange one as you would think playing 9 for Spain would/should mean he can score goals.
But if like you say he is not prolific it makes you wonder why.
Saying that isn`t Bale a 9 for Spurs and he doesn`t even get a game!?
Re: The ONLY LUFC Football Thread Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:35 pm  

Trebor1 wrote:
Bronze RLFANS Member

Oh he can score goals but it just he’s not prolific. I’d say he’s better finisher than Bamford and is certainly more skilful.
Re: The ONLY LUFC Football Thread Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:39 pm  

User avatarBiff Tannen wrote:
Biff Tannen User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

he has had lots of near misses, i'm thinking the header late against west ham from point blank where he should score, brighton on saturday from 5 yards out and i'm sure there are a couple more like that i can't recall the exact games and the two that hit the bar against arsenal. he could easily have 8 goals right now.
you can see he has the class but its true he has gone off the boil a bit lately but so have most of the team. when we are in full flow as a team which is more often than not we will see him come good imo.
What you looking at?....Butt Head!!
Re: The ONLY LUFC Football Thread Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:34 pm  

chapylad wrote:
Bronze RLFANS Member

What worries me apart from our lack of goals is that our pressing game seems to have gone.
At one time we would have 3 players around their man cutting off their supply.
But lately that looks to have disappeared and it certainly can`t be down to fatigue as we haven`t played that much and only have the league to worry about.
Against Brighton you would have thought after their recent games we would have had too much energy than them.
Anyway good see Llorente back playing today in the 23`s..
Re: The ONLY LUFC Football Thread Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:54 pm  

Trebor1 wrote:
Bronze RLFANS Member

Some good results for us this week so far. Plenty still between us and bottom teams. Like to see Liverpool win tonight v Burnley
PreviousNext