WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - RD 21 | Leeds Rhinos v Wakefield Trinity

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com RD 21 | Leeds Rhinos v Wakefield Trinity

Posted by gulfcoast_highwayman on Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:23 pm
gulfcoast_highwayman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 60
Rep Position: 241st / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 12:32 pm
Posts: 22423
Location: A Takron-Galtos of my own making
Once again, we fail to deal with a team in the last fifteen minutes. Wakey managed to set up three chances to win the game. We didn't do so once. Unless we are well clear in the last quarter, I now believe every game will be lost.
Leeds Rhinos? 8 for you, Leeds Rhinos! You go, Leeds Rhinos.

And none for Castleford Tigers. Bye!
Posted by christopher on Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:51 pm
christopher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 550
Rep Position: 29th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 8342
Location: Sydney NSW
gulfcoast_highwayman wrote:
Once again, we fail to deal with a team in the last fifteen minutes. Wakey managed to set up three chances to win the game. We didn't do so once. Unless we are well clear in the last quarter, I now believe every game will be lost.


I think i saw enough change in attitude to see us win the next 2
Posted by taxi4stevesmith on Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:03 pm
taxi4stevesmith Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 58
Rep Position: 243rd / 77,850

Quiz Score: 8

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:16 pm
Posts: 407
gulfcoast_highwayman wrote:
Once again, we fail to deal with a team in the last fifteen minutes. Wakey managed to set up three chances to win the game. We didn't do so once. Unless we are well clear in the last quarter, I now believe every game will be lost.

Exactly. How can we be 2 scores up with 10 left and be unable to control it from there? Wake inevitably score (controversial) then we concede to level it yet wakey still manage 3 Drop.goal attempts to our none. Now that is poor management.
Posted by Clearwing on Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:20 pm
Clearwing User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 573
Rep Position: 24th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:11 am
Posts: 7390
christopher wrote:
I think i saw enough change in attitude to see us win the next 2


In fairness that attitude was there in certain games in the run preceding McDermott's sacking. It's the standard we play to that's the greater problem. IMO of course.
"The problem when you play Leeds is that they are a huge 'confidence' side. If you get on top of them, they will cower and go away, but when they get in front their chests puff out and they start whooping as they make tackles. " (Jon Wilkin)

“Leeds just wander around looking like they’re doing nothing” (Jon Wilkin)

"Jon Wilkin's tight pants and coffee shop have not helped him to see the bigger picture or allowed him to get a firm grip on reality." (leeds owl)
Posted by tad rhino on Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:24 pm
tad rhino User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 419
Rep Position: 50th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:46 pm
Posts: 21475
Location: in bed between halle berry and jennifer aniston
I agree. were in a rut. I did see a change though.looking better but we need a left centre, 2 second rows and a prop
Posted by chapylad on Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:43 pm
chapylad Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 277
Rep Position: 92nd / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2002 1:20 pm
Posts: 4043
Location: location, location
Not sure about a new left centre but we certainly need a right centre until Watkins is fit.
Moon was gash once again apart from a couple of decent kicks to touch.
Walker whilst still young and has improvement in him was never MOM he made more mistakes than positives and is a long way off but will get better.
The forwards started ok but dropped off in the second half Dwyer for me had a good game and I thought Ferres despite giving away his usual dumb penalty played well.
No idea how Walters gets in ahead of Smith either.
Average last night but an improvement on last week.
Some poor reffing for both sides but a draw a fair result.
Posted by tad rhino on Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:02 pm
tad rhino User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 419
Rep Position: 50th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:46 pm
Posts: 21475
Location: in bed between halle berry and jennifer aniston
handleys not a strike centre for me. average at best
Posted by christopher on Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:11 pm
christopher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 550
Rep Position: 29th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 8342
Location: Sydney NSW
chapylad wrote:
Not sure about a new left centre but we certainly need a right centre until Watkins is fit.
Moon was gash once again apart from a couple of decent kicks to touch.
Walker whilst still young and has improvement in him was never MOM he made more mistakes than positives and is a long way off but will get better.
The forwards started ok but dropped off in the second half Dwyer for me had a good game and I thought Ferres despite giving away his usual dumb penalty played well.
No idea how Walters gets in ahead of Smith either.
Average last night but an improvement on last week.
Some poor reffing for both sides but a draw a fair result.


Walker made one mistake, other than that he was good, i get a bit of a sinking feeling that walker is becoming the latest scapegoat, he’s 18 ffs
Posted by FoxyRhino on Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:19 pm
FoxyRhino User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 58
Rep Position: 243rd / 77,850

Quiz Score: 384

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 9:58 pm
Posts: 3169
Location: Leeds
taxi4stevesmith wrote:
Exactly. How can we be 2 scores up with 10 left and be unable to control it from there? Wake inevitably score (controversial) then we concede to level it yet wakey still manage 3 Drop.goal attempts to our none. Now that is poor management.


By my reckoning, we have failed to win 7 games this year (5 defeats and 2 draws) that we have led at some time during the second half, of which 5 were at Headingley.
Posted by The Magic Rat on Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:26 pm
The Magic Rat User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 82
Rep Position: 219th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:54 am
Posts: 1853
Location: with the barefoot girls
Our game management late on, in the close games, this season has been very poor. Myler has to take some responsibility for this imo. Hindsight is easy but would we have turned some of those into wins with McGuire still at halfback ?
Woody: Can I pour you a draft, Mr. Peterson?
Norm: A little early, isn't it Woody?
Woody: For a beer?
Norm: No, for stupid questions.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ALAW, Charlie Sheen, Dadsylad, FoxyRhino, Jrrhino, Ls19rhinos and 203 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,968,0901,90277,8504,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





17