WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Brian Mac has left the Rhinos - with immediate effect

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com Brian Mac has left the Rhinos - with immediate effect

Posted by tigertot on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:53 am
tigertot User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 593
Rep Position: 21st / 77,889

Quiz Score: 308

Mark Laurie wrote:
Was that in person or on the fern?

In person. I was there having a whart wharn with the warf.
The best things in life are not things.
A member of the victorious liberal metropolitan elite.
Posted by The Ghost of '99 on Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:11 am
The Ghost of '99 User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 133
Rep Position: 171st / 77,889

Quiz Score: 36

karetaker wrote:
What a balloon you are,I get it’s probably time for a change but to make a comment like that after the success he brought to the club is pathetic. I’m a Wire fan btw
Balloon is being polite. Too many feckwits happy to enjoy the glory then refuse to give any credit to the man who made it possible.
It's probably right for McDermott to leave but the gratitude and respect for his huge achievements should be universal amongst any Leeds fans with more than two brain cells.
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."
Posted by homme vaste on Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:12 am
homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 445
Rep Position: 43rd / 77,889

Quiz Score: 184

freddyfox73 wrote:
Dennis Betts perhaps....

Don`t shoot the messenger but I was told that Betts was to come in in the interim whilst you employed your new coach. Would be a terrible decision in my eyes.
Posted by Homer Simpson on Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:18 am
Homer Simpson User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 157
Rep Position: 152nd / 77,889

Quiz Score: 0

The Ghost of '99 wrote:
Balloon is being polite. Too many feckwits happy to enjoy the glory then refuse to give any credit to the man who made it possible.
It's probably right for McDermott to leave but the gratitude and respect for his huge achievements should be universal amongst any Leeds fans with more than two brain cells.

Well it's definitely not more bad news !
It's Official - "Homer Simpson is a Leeds Fan"
Posted by Biff Tannen on Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:22 am
Biff Tannen User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 318
Rep Position: 74th / 77,889

Can't say i'm surprised by this, we look a bit of a shambles at the minute. Brian had two great chances to go on his own terms end of 2015 and then end of last year but decided against it so it was inevitably going to end something like this. I wish him all the best, his record cannot be argued with and his place in history cemented.
What you looking at?....Butt Head!!
Posted by Homer Simpson on Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:29 am
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

There is a very real chance of being involved in the M8s this year and a couple of the Championship clubs look likely candidates to win promotion. We do not want to be one of a couple of Super League teams playing in the £1m game. Therefore action needed to be taken now.
Posted by DHM on Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:52 am
DHM User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 52
Rep Position: 247th / 77,889

Biff Tannen wrote:
Can't say i'm surprised by this, we look a bit of a shambles at the minute. Brian had two great chances to go on his own terms end of 2015 and then end of last year but decided against it so it was inevitably going to end something like this. I wish him all the best, his record cannot be argued with and his place in history cemented.

True. It's a hard life as a professional sports coach, if you are winning it's hard to walk away into another job (especially if you are happy where you are) that may or may not exist unless you are at retirement age - which Mac obviously isn't. So, the only remaining option is to wait for things to go south. It's rare you get a Sir Alex, even Wenger couldn't pull that one off.
Mac may have inherited an extraordinary bunch of big game players and winners but he obviously created the right environment to get the best out of them as they aged. I have always been a massive fan of how he has represented the club and the game.
Team effort to succeed, team effort to fail.
"Well, I think in Rugby League if you head butt someone there's normally some repercusions"
Posted by Gotcha on Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:15 am
Gotcha User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 547
Rep Position: 29th / 77,889

That statement from Hetherington that the players are actually off until Wednesday, tells all quite clearly that this is an element of player power. Getting the job done before the players return, I think the players have made their feelings clear to Hetherington, and this is why he has acted now. Doesn't say though whether Eaton has gone aswell, and yet places blame on the whole coaching set up.
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.
Posted by Homer Simpson on Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:25 am
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Gotcha wrote:
That statement from Hetherington that the players are actually off until Wednesday, tells all quite clearly that this is an element of player power. Getting the job done before the players return, I think the players have made their feelings clear to Hetherington, and this is why he has acted now. Doesn't say though whether Eaton has gone aswell, and yet places blame on the whole coaching set up.

GH says “Everybody else at this moment in time is in place, the only departure at this moment in time is Brian McDermott.”

I read this to say more will follow !
Posted by Clearwing on Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:01 pm
Clearwing User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 581
Rep Position: 23rd / 77,889

christopher wrote:
It does seem theres more to this as the timing is strange.

Suggests to me that the preferred candidate is currently employed elsewhere. Gives them time to wrap up the season with whoever they're with. At the same time their employer is more likely to negotiate as they're able to make their own preparations in decent time.

As for McDermott there have been plenty of brilliant moments. It's a near cert that his replacement falls short of what he achieved.
"Look, I'd never use injuries as an excuse..." Daryl Powell
PreviousNext