WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Lenighan blames West Yorkshire mafia

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com Lenighan blames West Yorkshire mafia

Re: Lenighan blames West Yorkshire mafia
Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:12 pm
Posted by Clearwing on Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:12 pm
Clearwing User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 589
Rep Position: 22nd / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:11 am
Posts: 7491
Gotcha wrote:
Hetherington needs to quit, his position is untenable. He has embarrassed this club with his comments, and throwing the teddy out the cot for not getting his way. To be the only top flight club with this stance, shows how out of touch he is with the modern game. Really needs to go hide behind a rock now, and keep his mouth shut. As fans all we can hope is that we as a club, as a result of him, are not alienated by the other clubs.


He probably is out of touch with the modern game.,though only in as far as Leeds is one of the few clubs not losing money hand over fist. Understandable that he wouldn't take the short-term view of his counterparts.
"Look, I'd never use injuries as an excuse..." Daryl Powell
Re: Lenighan blames West Yorkshire mafia
Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:56 pm
Posted by rollin thunder on Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:56 pm
rollin thunder Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 573
Rep Position: 26th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:25 pm
Posts: 3431
Gotcha wrote:
Hetherington needs to quit, his position is untenable. He has embarrassed this club with his comments, and throwing the teddy out the cot for not getting his way. To be the only top flight club with this stance, shows how out of touch he is with the modern game. Really needs to go hide behind a rock now, and keep his mouth shut. As fans all we can hope is that we as a club, as a result of him, are not alienated by the other clubs.


maybe you need to quite this forum your position is untenable, you come on here and think you are the epitome of wisdom on all things RL. but don't no half you think you do. so what if Hetherington made a stand against the other chairmen, quite clearly is was the 3 fat cats who bullied the other chairmen in to their way of thinking as the lesser clubs are so desperate with there poor crowds to lose any sky money. its easy to bully your agenda onto desperate week men, its much harder to make the stand against it.
Re: Lenighan blames West Yorkshire mafia
Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:30 pm
Posted by Gotcha on Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:30 pm
Gotcha User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 551
Rep Position: 29th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 1:11 pm
Posts: 16945
rollin thunder wrote:
maybe you need to quite this forum your position is untenable, you come on here and think you are the epitome of wisdom on all things RL. but don't no half you think you do. so what if Hetherington made a stand against the other chairmen, quite clearly is was the 3 fat cats who bullied the other chairmen in to their way of thinking as the lesser clubs are so desperate with there poor crowds to lose any sky money. its easy to bully your agenda onto desperate week men, its much harder to make the stand against it.


Shut up you big tart. What a silly post.

The rest of the game have voted this. All the media who have an interest had the same opinion. Hetheringtons position was self interest, and nothing more here.

You might well have had a point had other clubs without self interest backed him, but they didn’t. The whole game has a different view. And there may well have been a couple of clubs bullied, but not with the size of majority. Even the community game voted agains GH View, that tells you all you need to know about your own view.

If GH had have had the games interest he should have backed the changes but with conditions of his own. We should have had a 14 team top league, without loop fixtures, and he could hav3 led that. But anything is an improvement on the ridiculous eights.
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.
Re: Lenighan blames West Yorkshire mafia
Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:00 pm
Posted by rollin thunder on Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:00 pm
rollin thunder Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 573
Rep Position: 26th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:25 pm
Posts: 3431
Gotcha wrote:
Shut up you big tart. What a silly post.

The rest of the game have voted this. All the media who have an interest had the same opinion. Hetheringtons position was self interest, and nothing more here.

You might well have had a point had other clubs without self interest backed him, but they didn’t. The whole game has a different view. And there may well have been a couple of clubs bullied, but not with the size of majority. Even the community game voted agains GH View, that tells you all you need to know about your own view.

If GH had have had the games interest he should have backed the changes but with conditions of his own. We should have had a 14 team top league, without loop fixtures, and he could hav3 led that. But anything is an improvement on the ridiculous eights.


i don't support Gh views at all, but i don't support your view that he should quite just for not being rail roaded into into by other club chairman, and has the rest of the clubs at lower level where told accept it or else. he probably was right to make a stand. personally glad to see back of 8's and i actually agree with you 14 teams and not loop fixtures should have been way to go.
Re: Lenighan blames West Yorkshire mafia
Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:06 pm
Posted by Sal Paradise on Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:06 pm
Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 293
Rep Position: 88th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:28 am
Posts: 17113
Location: On the road
What is the structure 14 team SL? If so does that mean the top 6 of middle eights are in?
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.
Re: Lenighan blames West Yorkshire mafia
Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:38 pm
Posted by Homer Simpson on Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:38 pm
Homer Simpson User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 157
Rep Position: 163rd / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:30 pm
Posts: 2414
Location: 742 Evergreen Terrace, Springfield.

so when do we find out which teams voted Yes and which No
It's Official - "Homer Simpson is a Leeds Fan"
Re: Lenighan blames West Yorkshire mafia
Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:42 pm
Posted by FoxyRhino on Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:42 pm
FoxyRhino User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 60
Rep Position: 254th / 77,905

Quiz Score: 384

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 9:58 pm
Posts: 3169
Location: Leeds
Homer Simpson wrote:
so when do we find out which teams voted Yes and which No


It was a secret ballot
Re: Lenighan blames West Yorkshire mafia
Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:24 pm
Posted by Emagdnim13 on Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:24 pm
Emagdnim13 User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 51
Rep Position: 263rd / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:51 pm
Posts: 801
We don't have the quality to run 14 teams.
"Blasphemy is a victimless crime"
Re: Lenighan blames West Yorkshire mafia
Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:51 pm
Posted by Seth on Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:51 pm
Seth Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 253
Rep Position: 103rd / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:40 pm
Posts: 2560
Location: Meltham
Or 12 teams for that matter. Repeat fixtures are ridiculous though.
Re: Lenighan blames West Yorkshire mafia
Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:52 pm
Posted by chapylad on Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:52 pm
chapylad Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 286
Rep Position: 92nd / 77,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2002 1:20 pm
Posts: 4090
Location: location, location
Homer Simpson wrote:
so when do we find out which teams voted Yes and which No
All the SL clubs bar Leeds voted for it.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], KaeruJim and 103 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,985,83589577,9054,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sun 2nd Feb 16:45
SL
LEEDS RHINOS
v
HULL FC
Sun 9th Feb 15:00
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Fri 14th Feb 19:45
SL
LEEDS RHINOS
v
HULL KR
Sat 22nd Feb 14:00
SL
SALFORD
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Fri 28th Feb 19:45
SL
LEEDS RHINOS
v
WARRINGTON
Thu 5th Mar 19:45
SL
LEEDS RHINOS
v
TORONTO
Sat 14th Mar 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Fri 20th Mar 19:45
SL
LEEDS RHINOS
v
ST.HELENS
Thu 26th Mar 19:45
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Thu 9th Apr 19:45
SL
LEEDS RHINOS
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 17th Apr 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Fri 24th Apr 19:45
SL
WARRINGTON
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Fri 1st May 19:45
SL
LEEDS RHINOS
v
SALFORD
Fri 15th May 19:45
SL
LEEDS RHINOS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sat 23rd May 19:30
SL
HULL FC
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Sat 30th May 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Fri 12th Jun 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Sun 21st Jun 15:00
SL
LEEDS RHINOS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sun 28th Jun 15:00
SL
SALFORD
v
LEEDS RHINOS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





17