WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - ¬£¬£¬£ Bulls Fire Sale! ¬£¬£¬£

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com £££ Bulls Fire Sale! £££

Posted by Middleton_Loiner on Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:15 pm
Middleton_Loiner User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

El Diablo wrote:
You did say "knife" didn't you?

Just checking.

I believe he mentioned a "Pork Sword" :lol:
Jamie Peacock MBE wrote:
'There's been a couple of times during my career when I've thought about moving elsewhere but, when I run out in front of 17,000, 18,000 people at Headingley, I've thought 'nah, this is the place for me'.

Posted by Andy Gilder on Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:22 pm
Andy Gilder User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 35
Rep Position: 263rd / 77,824

Quiz Score: 0

Call it semantics if you like, but what they own is a right to occupy the site for a fixed period of time. The value of that particular right is going to be driven by what the freeholder allows the leaseholder to do with the land. If the terms of the lease restrict it to sporting or recreational use for example then that would likely reduce its value if the RFL wanted to sell it on.
"As you travel through life don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" - George Carlin

//twitter.com/AndyGilder

//fromthewesternterrace.blogspot.co.uk

This week: Four keys to a Rhinos win in the WCC
Posted by G1 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:24 pm
G1 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 59
Rep Position: 239th / 77,824

Andy Gilder wrote:
Call it semantics if you like, but what they own is a right to occupy the site for a fixed period of time. The value of that particular right is going to be driven by what the freeholder allows the leaseholder to do with the land. If the terms of the lease restrict it to sporting or recreational use for example then that would likely reduce its value if the RFL wanted to sell it on.

This statememnt I agree with.

However, the issue I had was claims that the RFL didn't own Odsal because, sa you now say, they do.
Every player in our squad could probably earn more money with another club. But they prefer to sacrifice a few extra quid in their back pocket to share special memories. And playing at a place like Old Trafford on a night like this makes it all worthwhile.

Kevin Sinfield
Posted by Andy Gilder on Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:35 pm
Andy Gilder User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Depends how you define "Odsal".

The fixtures and fittings such as the stands will, for the time being anyway, likely belong to Bradford Bulls Holdings Limited, so they can't sell those.

The land itself is owned by the Council, so they can't sell that either.

So which bits of "Odsal are they selling? :)
"As you travel through life don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" - George Carlin

//twitter.com/AndyGilder

Posted by Middleton_Loiner on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:34 pm
Middleton_Loiner User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Gary Hetherington urges clubs not to asset strip Bradford Bulls following Administration.
Jamie Peacock MBE wrote:
'There's been a couple of times during my career when I've thought about moving elsewhere but, when I run out in front of 17,000, 18,000 people at Headingley, I've thought 'nah, this is the place for me'.

Posted by Andy Gilder on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:37 pm
Andy Gilder User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Translation - there's nothing we want so nobody else should either. Classic Darth.

//twitter.com/AndyGilder

Posted by Wilbred T Pricklepop on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:47 pm
Wilbred T Pricklepop Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

It feels like this all stems from the harris signing. (i know it's almost a cliche now to say this, and no doubt someone will come along and say ''there were other underlying issues'')

It just seemed to start a chain reaction of things going wrong, and everytime something went wrong it resulted in less income and more debt.

It's like it put a curse on the club.

Top players left
league position was affected
average attendances dropped

all this resulted in significantly less income while the harris situation alone created large costs in legal fees and compensation.

Add in the fact the upkeep of odsal was costing alot and poor management who couldn't make the correct decisions to reduce the deficit.
Posted by Wilbred T Pricklepop on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:00 pm
Free-scoring winger

Andy Gilder wrote:
The problem the Bulls have compared to say Rangers, is that they aren't even attractive to someone wanting to strip the assets and get their money back. I'm struggling to see a way out of this that doesn't involve liquidation and potentially starting again in Championship One.

The RFL stand to take a financial hit on this, as there is no way a reformed club outside SL could afford to pay market rent for Odsal.

I don't think it would be easy for them to start again in championship one either.

If bradford don't find a buyer before liquidation this will not end well for them, not at all.
Posted by Wilbred T Pricklepop on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:05 pm
Free-scoring winger

El Diablo wrote:
That isn't entirely fair though is it? At this stage in the season several teams would get byes. It is likely that some of them would have lost that match, given that the Bulls haven't been total whipping boys this year.

Hopefully it won't come to that anyway.

The rfl are in a situation where, if it comes to that, due to the MM weekend fixture it's impossible for them to be fair to everyone.

If they allow pre liquidation results to stand, and post liquidation results to be a bye, we've gained 2 points on other teams because we play them 3 times.

If they expunge all results against bulls, we've been screwed over necause we play them 3 times.

But, that's what happens when you f*ck about having some teams play each other more than others.
Posted by Cibaman on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:46 pm
Cibaman Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 291st / 77,824

Wilbred T Pricklepop wrote:
The rfl are in a situation where, if it comes to that, due to the MM weekend fixture it's impossible for them to be fair to everyone.

If they allow pre liquidation results to stand, and post liquidation results to be a bye, we've gained 2 points on other teams because we play them 3 times.

If they expunge all results against bulls, we've been screwed over necause we play them 3 times.

But, that's what happens when you f*ck about having some teams play each other more than others.

If the RFL had announced before MW (when the Bulls problems were well known) that Leeds' result in that game would stand it would have been the best of a bad job. Trying to sort it out afterwards, when the winners and losers have set agendas, makes it a nightmare.
PreviousNext