WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - ¬£¬£¬£ Bulls Fire Sale! ¬£¬£¬£

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com £££ Bulls Fire Sale! £££

Posted by El Diablo on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:26 am
El Diablo User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 16
Rep Position: 275th / 77,799

Quiz Score: 0

rhinoms wrote:
I'm sure the London Broncos share your sentiment!!

I couldn't, frankly, care less whether the Broncos share my sentiment or not.
OBN Wannabe
Posted by G1 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:07 pm
G1 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 59
Rep Position: 232nd / 77,799

Gotcha, I am astonished at your appraisal of Elima. He is a fantastic player. In fact, if he could improve his discipline he'd be one of the better 2nd rowers in the league.

And to state Hauraki is better? I am better than Hauraki. He's wavered between plain awful and fairly average in his time here.

That said, I agree with your overall assessment of which players from the Bulls we crave.
Every player in our squad could probably earn more money with another club. But they prefer to sacrifice a few extra quid in their back pocket to share special memories. And playing at a place like Old Trafford on a night like this makes it all worthwhile.

Kevin Sinfield
Posted by Ewwenorfolk on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:13 pm
Ewwenorfolk User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 168
Rep Position: 138th / 77,799

I hope all clubs feel the same way about our players as Gotcha does.
Posted by Gotcha on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:22 pm
Gotcha User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 467
Rep Position: 34th / 77,799

G1 wrote:
Gotcha, I am astonished at your appraisal of Elima. He is a fantastic player. In fact, if he could improve his discipline he'd be one of the better 2nd rowers in the league.

And to state Hauraki is better? I am better than Hauraki. He's wavered between plain awful and fairly average in his time here.

That said, I agree with your overall assessment of which players from the Bulls we crave.

Hock is the best second rower in the league by a a long distance. He has discipline issues, but still can lay claim to that stature.

If Elima was even half as good as you are suggesting, he wouldn't be at the Bulls. But you are entiltled to your view, as anyone else. Good luck to that.

Make no mistake Hauraki was a poor signing, and a poor player, I won't be arguing against that. Elima would give us nothing that he currently doesn't give us. Hauraki shouldnt' be a measure for signing any player.
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.
Posted by Andy Gilder on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:28 pm
Andy Gilder User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 35
Rep Position: 256th / 77,799

The issue with Elima has never been what he can give you, more what he actually gives you. Strong carries, but a tendency to give away dumb penalties and get too easily goaded into losing it. Leeds already have that well covered IMO.
"As you travel through life don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" - George Carlin

//twitter.com/AndyGilder

//fromthewesternterrace.blogspot.co.uk

This week: Four keys to a Rhinos win in the WCC
Posted by Ewwenorfolk on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:40 pm
Ewwenorfolk User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 168
Rep Position: 138th / 77,799

Elima has given away 1 less penalty than Ablett this year and 3 less than Delaney.

He's an aggressive player sure, but his discipline isn't as bad as you'd think.
Posted by G1 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:07 pm
G1 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 59
Rep Position: 232nd / 77,799

Gotcha wrote:
Hock is the best second rower in the league by a a long distance. He has discipline issues, but still can lay claim to that stature.

Agreed.

If Elima was even half as good as you are suggesting, he wouldn't be at the Bulls.
So, by that rationale, Craig Huby must be really pants as he's at Cas. Can't have it both ways.

Besides, Elima won't be at the Bulls next year. He'll be at a club currently in the top 4.

Make no mistake Hauraki was a poor signing, and a poor player, I won't be arguing against that. Elima would give us nothing that he currently doesn't give us.
Not trying to be clever but I don't understand "Elima would give us nothing that he currently doesn't give us".

Hauraki shouldnt' be a measure for signing any player
So why did you introduce the comparison? I'm not suggesting we should sign Elima, besides, it's moot, he'll be at a top 4 club next year. I'm suggesting he's better than Hauraki.
Every player in our squad could probably earn more money with another club. But they prefer to sacrifice a few extra quid in their back pocket to share special memories. And playing at a place like Old Trafford on a night like this makes it all worthwhile.

Kevin Sinfield
Posted by Gotcha on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:14 pm
Gotcha User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 467
Rep Position: 34th / 77,799

G1 wrote:
So, by that rationale, Craig Huby must be really pants as he's at Cas. Can't have it both ways.

:wink:

G1 wrote:
Besides, Elima won't be at the Bulls next year. He'll be at a club currently in the top 4.

Define top 4? If you mean Wigan, Wire, Leeds, Saints, there is more chance of me having a foursome with Cheryl Cole, Rihanna, and Holly Willobooby.

G1 wrote:
Not trying to be clever but I don't understand "Elima would give us nothing that he currently doesn't give us".

Like Ronseal, what it says on the tin. As poor as Hauraki is, Elima would offer us nothing more than he currently gives us.
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.
Posted by Middleton_Loiner on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:21 pm
Middleton_Loiner User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Gotcha wrote:
Having a foursome with Cheryl Cole, Rihanna, and Holly Willobooby

This.
Jamie Peacock MBE wrote:
'There's been a couple of times during my career when I've thought about moving elsewhere but, when I run out in front of 17,000, 18,000 people at Headingley, I've thought 'nah, this is the place for me'.

Posted by craigizzard on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:38 pm
craigizzard Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 11
Rep Position: 280th / 77,799

Andy Gilder wrote:
The issue with Elima has never been what he can give you, more what he actually gives you. Strong carries, but a tendency to give away dumb penalties and get too easily goaded into losing it. Leeds already have that well covered IMO.

They don't reallt have the strong carries bit covered. That's why he'd be a good signing.
PreviousNext