u RLFANS.COM - George Burgess: an English star is born. WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - George Burgess: an English star is born.

Board index Australian Rugby League South Sydney Rabbitohs George Burgess: an English star is born.

Posted by Buggo on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:55 am
Buggo Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 320th / 77,979

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:50 pm
Posts: 718
JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:
He is. I think he might be the old man who hands out the energy drinks at the end of the game.



Not sure about that Jean.
He appears to have inside knowledge of the game in Australia, he knows that the Australian Coaches are no better than in England, he knows the training and fitness is no better than England.
I am still waiting for the reason England have not beat Australia in 40 years in a series since its all the same down under and in England.
Rooster...?
Posted by fatbaztod100 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:41 am
fatbaztod100 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:09 pm
Posts: 1278
Location: costa del york
I thought George played better than Sam yesterday. If he carries on like this for the rest of the season he should be in the England squad if not the 17. But knowing Mcbannana he would probably pick Morley & Mossop after they have both been out for most of the season with injuries.
New Years Resolution

To Stop Swearing

1st January FCUKing failed
Posted by pocket 4's on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:54 am
pocket 4's User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 8
Rep Position: 317th / 77,979

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 1519
Location: At work
you wouldn't want to get into a disagreement with the Burgess family.

Sam was outstanding but was put on report for a shot on Pearce (i think Pearce was sick of seeing Sam in front of him and was glad Sam went off tbh). Looked like he would play all game but then was taken off with 15 left and the game was won.

George looked like an absolute monster and topped the metre count i think (along with Sam), even though he only played limited minutes.

Sam is no doubt the more established player but George made a great impact.
Posted by JEAN CAPDOUZE on Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:03 pm
JEAN CAPDOUZE User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 798
Rep Position: 14th / 77,979

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:09 pm
Posts: 6809
Location: Carcassonne, France
I still think that it is possible we will see an England playing squad of 17 which includes all 4 Burgess brothers, especially if they are all fit and all playing for South Sydney during the playoffs this year (which could see South Sydney playing in the Grand Final on October 6th).

How could McNamara ignore the playing choices of Michael McGuire if the former Wigan coach decides to play all 4 Burgess brothers in a team that it is at the top end of the NRL?
Toulouse for Championship in 2017, Super League in 2021!

Avignon for Championship in 2021, Super League in 2022!
Posted by pocket 4's on Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:00 pm
pocket 4's User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 8
Rep Position: 317th / 77,979

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 1519
Location: At work
JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:
I still think that it is possible we will see an England playing squad of 17 which includes all 4 Burgess brothers, especially if they are all fit and all playing for South Sydney during the playoffs this year (which could see South Sydney playing in the Grand Final on October 6th).

How could McNamara ignore the playing choices of Michael McGuire if the former Wigan coach decides to play all 4 Burgess brothers in a team that it is at the top end of the NRL?


of course, its possible...but not that likely though.
all 4 being fit at the end of the season would be a start
Posted by easthull fc fan on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:40 pm
easthull fc fan User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 14
Rep Position: 311th / 77,979

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:37 pm
Posts: 4255
havent read every post but bradford must be guted there not at odsal there outstanding players with plenty ov years ahead ov them!!! wow.
Posted by 3141MickSpencer on Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:19 am
3141MickSpencer User avatar
Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:39 am
Posts: 12
It is not inconceivable that all four could be in the England squad this Autumn. There was a touch of magical Burgess play for a brief period when they were all on the pitch for Souths. It will live on in my memory as one of the great moments in Rugby League.
Posted by Bennyfishel on Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:24 am
Bennyfishel User avatar
Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:01 am
Posts: 33
Location: South Australia
Buggo wrote:
Not sure about that Jean.
He appears to have inside knowledge of the game in Australia, he knows that the Australian Coaches are no better than in England, he knows the training and fitness is no better than England.
I am still waiting for the reason England have not beat Australia in 40 years in a series since its all the same down under and in England.
Rooster...?


GOD,I knew you poms were one-eyed but this is bloody ridiculous, Aussie coaches have forgotten more about RL than most of the English coaches will EVER know, and to say it is the same in England as in Australia is a bloody insult to ALL Aussie coaches

I will tell you the reason England haven't beaten Australia since 1978,....their methods are as antiquated as Methusala.....the forwards are too slow and (generally fat) whilst the Aussie forwards generally are quick enough to be in the back lines,that is why we make England look like snails,....the poms know thet are beaten as soon as they come out on to the field when they play us.
PS,the poms don't have enough brains to understand the "Inside knowledge of the Australian game.
You don't shake a tree and a baggy green cap falls out, this is Australia not England.
The stronger the challenge the greater the victory.
Posted by musson on Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:04 pm
musson Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 208
Rep Position: 139th / 77,979

Quiz Score: 28

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:26 pm
Posts: 1251
Bennyfishel wrote:
GOD,I knew you poms were one-eyed but this is bloody ridiculous, Aussie coaches have forgotten more about RL than most of the English coaches will EVER know, and to say it is the same in England as in Australia is a bloody insult to ALL Aussie coaches

I will tell you the reason England haven't beaten Australia since 1978,....their methods are as antiquated as Methusala.....the forwards are too slow and (generally fat) whilst the Aussie forwards generally are quick enough to be in the back lines,that is why we make England look like snails,....the poms know thet are beaten as soon as they come out on to the field when they play us.
PS,the poms don't have enough brains to understand the "Inside knowledge of the Australian game.


As a Englishman that watches a lot of NRL I do agree with comments that Aussie coaches are miles in front or ours, as are there training methods and pretty much everything else about the game and players in Aus, The NRL is an amazing competition and I am very glad that we have record amounts on Europeans over there playing at the top level

However if you are going to go off like that its important you get your facts right so as to not look like a typical dumb Aussie shuffler

We have beaten you in the 80s, 90s and 00s, to think we have not beaten the Aussies in the last 30+ years is comedy gold and a sign you are an idiot and know nowt about nowt
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to South Sydney Rabbitohs


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,007,0172,09677,9794,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sat 14th Mar 06:30
NRL
SOUTHS
v
CRONULLA
Fri 20th Mar 09:05
NRL
BRISBANE
v
SOUTHS
Fri 27th Mar 09:05
NRL
SOUTHS
v
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
Thu 2nd Apr 10:05
NRL
MELBOURNE STORM
v
SOUTHS
Fri 10th Apr 07:05
NRL
SOUTHS
v
CANTERBURY
Sun 19th Apr 05:05
NRL
SOUTHS
v
ST.GEORGE
Sun 26th Apr 05:05
NRL
CANBERRA
v
SOUTHS
Sat 2nd May 06:00
NRL
SOUTHS
v
NEWCASTLE
Thu 7th May 10:50
NRL
SOUTHS
v
BRISBANE
Sun 17th May 07:05
NRL
WESTS TIGERS
v
SOUTHS
Fri 22nd May 10:55
NRL
NQL COWBOYS
v
SOUTHS
Sat 30th May 10:35
NRL
NEWCASTLE
v
SOUTHS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






153