FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Recruitment and retention.
Re: Recruitment and retention. : Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:21 pm  
It’s very difficult to assess where we are at in terms of recruitment and retention as Grix did say a few would leave due to a mix of more money , lifestyle choices etc . As mentioned I’d like to keep gee and feel with him only playing half the season he might stay on , same with Knowles who looked good in pre season, I wonder if kavs got another season in him as he’s played well but as picked up some knocks this season, even though astons in a two I can’t see him sticking around to play 2nd fiddle. I would imagine Morris ll be off too and maybe garside. I think Murray’s at least 20% better than last year and would renew his contract.
Re: Recruitment and retention. : Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:52 pm  
Yes it is very good news about woody signing for another 2 years and it is always handy to have a player like Ed in the squad so he will be missed i think him playing rugby union will be less demanding for him on his body and also from a time point of view. I would like to see us keep the likes of murray/ tibbs/ kav/ knowles i would let garside and morris go and i would not be surprised if aston left he is contracted for next season but that could be ripped up if both parties agree. We would need another half if he left it only takes an injury to joe or louis to leave us short in that position and i prefer woody at fullback not in the halfs.
Re: Recruitment and retention. : Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:05 pm  
I also hope the Grix brothers have done to Cole Oakley what they’ve done with tibbs . Another young player coming through next year would be great .
Re: Recruitment and retention. : Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:11 pm  
Dan Murray on a two year deal , really happy with this one , he’s really bought into the fax culture and as improved massively this season, he gives 100% he’s rarely involved in conceding penalties and his support play has led to him scoring plenty of tries this year.
Re: Recruitment and retention. : Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:37 pm  
Good
Signing again
Re: Recruitment and retention. : Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:40 pm  
Happy with that :thumb:
Re: Recruitment and retention. : Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:15 pm  
Dan Fleming signed by Featherstone- I think they've lost the plot - or have at least given up any hope of superleague.
Re: Recruitment and retention. : Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:25 pm  
Ilkley Fax wrote:
Dan Fleming signed by Featherstone- I think they've lost the plot - or have at least given up any hope of superleague.

They might need a new water carrier
Re: Recruitment and retention. : Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:56 pm  
Top resigning with Dizzy. :D
Re: Recruitment and retention. : Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:09 pm  
Ilkley Fax wrote:

Tbh Fleming might be fed up of turning up to training and seeing half the squad tucking into chip butties n some beers .
PreviousNext