RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Team for 2022
Team for 2022 Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:33 pm  

Ilkley Fax wrote:
Ilkley Fax Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:42 pm
Posts: 109
Member for 2 years
I know the seasons only just finished but the rumours about incoming players is more optimistic than for some time, especially if we retain the nucleus of a team that performed well for the bulk of the season. I'm sure not all of these will come off - but the names I'm sure most have seen so far are:- Walmsley, Jouffret, Kyle Wood, Arundel, Gee, Aston, Foster and Gwaze. Not keen on Aston and no nothing about Gwaze.
Re: Team for 2022 Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:40 pm  

User avatarHudd-Shay wrote:
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 3907
Location: Shuddersfield
Member for 10 years
Ilkley Fax wrote:
I know the seasons only just finished but the rumours about incoming players is more optimistic than for some time, especially if we retain the nucleus of a team that performed well for the bulk of the season. I'm sure not all of these will come off - but the names I'm sure most have seen so far are:- Walmsley, Jouffret, Kyle Wood, Arundel, Gee, Aston, Foster and Gwaze. Not keen on Aston and no nothing about Gwaze.

A big bruising prop needs adding to that list, at least. Magic Rock Tap, Ringmaster 3.9% Mmm! :DRUNK:
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Re: Team for 2022 Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:47 pm  

terry silver wrote:
terry silver Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:52 pm
Posts: 244
Member for 1 year
I watched Doncaster win in the league one playoffs over the last few weeks on ourleague and Brandon Douglas as played well. He is another name linked with us. I know when a side is looking to sign better quality players it tends to look at the divisions above them. But there is good players who could do a good job for us playing in league one. Who would also probably be a cheaper option too.
Re: Team for 2022 Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:31 pm  

User avatarHudd-Shay wrote:
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 3907
Location: Shuddersfield
Member for 10 years
terry silver wrote:
I watched Doncaster win in the league one playoffs over the last few weeks on ourleague and Brandon Douglas as played well. He is another name linked with us. I know when a side is looking to sign better quality players it tends to look at the divisions above them. But there is good players who could do a good job for us playing in league one. Who would also probably be a cheaper option too.

Cheap options very rarely give value. :?
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Re: Team for 2022 Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:19 pm  

Listenup94 wrote:
Listenup94 Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:12 pm
Posts: 95
Member for 2 years
Thing is we all acknowledge we need some line busting forwards but there’s not that many around.
Grix believes he had his fingers burnt with a springer style forward and he priorities’ defensive, personally I think we need a balance of both .
Re: Team for 2022 Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:32 pm  

User avatarHudd-Shay wrote:
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 3907
Location: Shuddersfield
Member for 10 years
Listenup94 wrote:
Thing is we all acknowledge we need some line busting forwards but there’s not that many around.
Grix believes he had his fingers burnt with a springer style forward and he priorities’ defensive, personally I think we need a balance of both .

Aye, with the demise of amateur clubs like Ovenden it's not going to get any better for the progression of players. It's a worrying time for our game and we must keep backing it at junior level as much as we can. The best game in't world is being harmed by the greed of those who's job it is to promote it. :cry: Let's hope that sense prevails and RL as a whole survives and prospers. Rat and Ratchet shuddersfield. White Rat 4.0% Mmm! :DRUNK:
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Re: Team for 2022 Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:27 pm  

Ilkley Fax wrote:
Ilkley Fax Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:42 pm
Posts: 109
Member for 2 years
Matty Gee looks a good bet to beef up the forwards - still relatively young for a prop - think he scored a couple of tries against Leeds this year - we've not carried any real threat close to the line this year since Springer left - it would be good to have sort of threat that Kopjac gave Featherstone. While some of the players supposedly leaving, especially Harris , have produced some good performances, I think the touted incomings all offer something more , and it's pleasing that we look as though we want to move forward next year rather than rest in our laurels , something that probably happened too much under Marshall.
Re: Team for 2022 Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:19 pm  

User avatarHudd-Shay wrote:
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 3907
Location: Shuddersfield
Member for 10 years
Ilkley Fax wrote:
Matty Gee looks a good bet to beef up the forwards - still relatively young for a prop - think he scored a couple of tries against Leeds this year - we've not carried any real threat close to the line this year since Springer left - it would be good to have sort of threat that Kopjac gave Featherstone. While some of the players supposedly leaving, especially Harris , have produced some good performances, I think the touted incomings all offer something more , and it's pleasing that we look as though we want to move forward next year rather than rest in our laurels , something that probably happened too much under Marshall.

Spot on!
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Re: Team for 2022 Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:01 am  

faxcar wrote:
faxcar Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:26 pm
Posts: 3545
Member for 11 years
[Part quote="Listenup94"]Thing is we all acknowledge we need some line busting forwards but there’s not that many around.
[End quote]

It doesn't stop me posting saying it's what we need but every time I do, I wonder where these line busting / ball playing players are going to come from?
Most if not all SL clubs are scouring the planet looking for them as are the Champ clubs.
Even on this seasons creditable achievement of finishing 3rd there are potentially 12 SL clubs, 2 Champ clubs that are stronger than us both in terms of on the pitch performance and finances and several other Champ clubs on equal footing to compete against.
How are we ever going to get and if we do keep these player / players?
Re: Team for 2022 Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:23 am  
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:19 am
Posts: 8690
Member for 17 years
Seen Brad Knowles mentioned as well but Foster looks like he is going to Newcastle. Heard rumours of Morris and JWH leaving but hopefully both of those are not true because at the moment we look to be offloading a lot of squad type standard players and bringing in better quality and would be a shame if those two were going. It is looking very good for next season especially keeping the nucleus of this squad and adding some quality in key positions. If we can set up a couple of good loan deals with Huddersfield that are not as farcical as this seasons it could put us in a good position to challenge for promotion.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein


"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein


"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hudd-Shay, Listenup94, The Charlie Caroli and 110 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Halifax Panthers - FaxFans.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORD
19.25Million +21,418 ↓-978,8359,567
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre

TABLES:
Sun 30th Jan 15:00
 CH
Batley
v
Halifax
Sun 6th Feb 15:00
 CH
Halifax
v
LondonB
There are currently no matches to display.
Matches on TV
Mon 31st Jan
CH RND: 1 York-Featherstone
Mon 7th Feb
CH RND: 2 Featherstone-Leigh
Thu 10th Feb
SL RND: 1 St.Helens-Catalans
Fri 11th Feb
SL RND: 1 Hull KR-Wigan
Sat 12th Feb
SL RND: 1 Leeds-Warrington
SL RND: 1 Toulouse-Huddersfield
Thu 17th Feb
SL RND: 2 Warrington-Castleford
Fri 18th Feb
SL RND: 2 Wigan-Leeds
Sat 19th Feb
SL RND: 2 Hull FC-St.Helens
Thu 24th Feb
SL RND: 3 Leeds-Catalans
Fri 25th Feb
SL RND: 3 Hull KR-Salford
Thu 3rd Mar
SL RND: 4 Wakefield-Leeds
Fri 4th Mar
SL RND: 4 Warrington-Catalans
Thu 10th Mar
SL RND: 5 Leeds-Hull FC
Fri 11th Mar
SL RND: 5 St.Helens-Warrington
Sat 12th Mar
SL RND: 5 Huddersfield-Castleford
Thu 17th Mar
SL RND: 6 Wigan-Castleford
Fri 18th Mar
SL RND: 6 Salford-Leeds
Sat 19th Mar
SL RND: 6 Warrington-Wakefield
Thu 31st Mar
SL RND: 7 Wigan-Hull FC
Betfred Championship 2022 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Betfred League One 2022 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Betfred Super League XXVII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
RLFANS Recent Posts


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!









X
::::::::