WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Super League
Re: Super League Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:31 pm  

User avatarNorman Bates wrote:
Norman Bates User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:42 am
Posts: 3491
Location: Fax Vegas
faxcar wrote:
Super Greed just want someone to make the comp up to even numbers for ease of fixtures so no club is without a game each week.
However.
Financially the club who is chosen may make more from getting 50% of SL central funding than what they would get from their Championship amount.
Other income streams like sponsorship due to some TV coverage may increase and providing crowds are allowed back the number of spectators paying on the day would likely be greater. One doomed season in SL compared with the same year in the Championship money wise they may be better off.

Whoever gets in will have little chance of staying up but may learn and earn enough to use it to bounce back the year after. We’ve got to give it a go and hopefully the new management team will put in a good enough application. If I were a SL club I wouldn’t want to be going to Fev. :D :D
Re: Super League Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:41 pm  

User avatarHXSparky wrote:
HXSparky User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:23 pm
Posts: 1963
We're out of the running at the first hurdle. Average attendance of 2,000 needed in either 2018 or 2019.

http://www.superleague.co.uk/uploads/docs/2021_SuperLeague_Application.pdf (page 5).
Re: Super League Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:49 pm  

User avatarFaxlore wrote:
Faxlore User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:19 am
Posts: 595
It was just mentioned on sky SL. They takes about the crowds and Brian Carney just said. That’s Bradford then. So that is what they will all be thinking. Just give it Bradford and we can watch the Bulls fu@k it up again. I don’t know why we even bother trying to toe the line for SL. They want 12 teams and a closed league. Can’t fffing stand the governing body of our sport. They have killed a great game
Re: Super League Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:00 pm  

User avatarFaxlore wrote:
Faxlore User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:19 am
Posts: 595
2019 average attendances so far

Barrow 1,367
Batley 1,114
Bradford 4,481
Dewsbury 972
Featherstone 1,841
Halifax 1,817
Leigh 3,103
Rochdale 954
Sheffield 1,089
Swinton 1,269
Toronto 1,483
Toulouse 2,728
Widnes 5,133
York 1,940
Re: Super League Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:04 pm  

Mr Dog wrote:
Mr Dog Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:08 pm
Posts: 1209
Location: Not there
Faxlore wrote:
2019 average attendances so far

Barrow 1,367
Batley 1,114
Bradford 4,481
Dewsbury 972
Featherstone 1,841
Halifax 1,817
Leigh 3,103
Rochdale 954
Sheffield 1,089
Swinton 1,269
Toronto 1,483
Toulouse 2,728
Widnes 5,133
York 1,940


I assume you mean 2020? Although going back to 2019 would probably be a good thing..... :wink:
Re: Super League Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:09 pm  

User avatarFaxlore wrote:
Faxlore User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:19 am
Posts: 595
No this is taken from 2019 stats from LoveRL site.
Re: Super League Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:12 pm  

User avatarFaxlore wrote:
Faxlore User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:19 am
Posts: 595
From 2018

2018
1 Toronto 5,781
2 Leigh 3,539
3 Toulouse 2,437
4 Featherstone 2,316
5 Halifax 1,752
6 Barrow 1,239
7 Batley 1,082
8 Dewsbury 1,001
9 London 861
10 Swinton 840
11 Sheffield 704
12 Rochdale 549
Summer B 11,805
Total 249,125
Avg
Re: Super League Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:40 pm  

bulls2487 wrote:
bulls2487 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:56 am
Posts: 463
Faxlore wrote:
From 2018

2018
1 Toronto 5,781
2 Leigh 3,539
3 Toulouse 2,437
4 Featherstone 2,316
5 Halifax 1,752
6 Barrow 1,239
7 Batley 1,082
8 Dewsbury 1,001
9 London 861
10 Swinton 840
11 Sheffield 704
12 Rochdale 549
Summer B 11,805
Total 249,125
Avg


If you put Bulls 2018 League One average of 3574 in to the above table
Its second to Toronto. As a Bulls fan we are a long way from aiming to be in SL and the RFL/SL shouldn't pick us.
Re: Super League Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:47 pm  

User avatarFaxlore wrote:
Faxlore User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:19 am
Posts: 595
bulls2487 wrote:
If you put Bulls 2018 League One average of 3574 in to the above table
Its second to Toronto. As a Bulls fan we are a long way from aiming to be in SL and the RFL/SL shouldn't pick us.

I know you as a fan are saying you shouldn’t be picked (and I’m not having a go at fans) but your club has put themselves forward and we know how the RFL view the Bulls despite the clubs business record over the last 10 years. I think it will be Leigh who get it
Re: Super League Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:57 pm  

bulls2487 wrote:
bulls2487 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:56 am
Posts: 463
Faxlore wrote:
I know you as a fan are saying you shouldn’t be picked (and I’m not having a go at fans) but your club has put themselves forward and we know how the RFL view the Bulls despite the clubs business record over the last 10 years. I think it will be Leigh who get it


I get it, I think some of our fans would of kicked off if we didn't apply. I can't see us putting together a bid that is suitable for SL. Our only strong points are the academy and fan base. On the other hand due to the Odsal lease it wouldn't surprise me if we got selected. Think Fev and Leigh got to be favourites. Would of said Toulouse but doubt that because of Covid.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Equinox, faxcar, Faxlore and 41 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,101,5041,30678,3404,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X