WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Murrel and Tyrer gone

Board index Championship Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk Murrel and Tyrer gone

Re: Murrel and Tyrer gone Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:23 am  

User avatarHudd-Shay wrote:
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Scott Murrell has been a brilliant player for Fax, almost single handedly winning games for us at times. Whilst agreeing that his time as a player is over for us, nobody should forget his massive contribution to our club over the last eight years. Good luck at Keighley to him and who knows, we might not have seen the last of him at The Shay. Up The Fax!
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Re: Murrel and Tyrer gone Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:51 am  
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

jeffvickers wrote:
A very selfish individual.

Wow. He has done more for this club on and off the field than possibly any player I can remember in at least the last 2 decades maybe even more.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln
Re: Murrel and Tyrer gone Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:38 am  
The Phantom Horseman Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

As a Fev fan I can say without hesitation that Murrell is the opposing player I've most enjoyed watching in the last 10 years (not so much when he has played against us though). Mentally he's been miles ahead of most players at this level, it's a shame he never had the athleticism to match, though he would have been in the NRL never mind SL if he had. Yes he had his limitations especially in recent years but for many years he was the Fax player who was most likely to make something happen in attack.

Moreover he played the game with a smile on his face and clearly had a great sense of humour. I really hope that when his playing days are over that he's not lost to RL.
Re: Murrel and Tyrer gone Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:57 am  

User avatarHudd-Shay wrote:
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

The Phantom Horseman wrote:
As a Fev fan I can say without hesitation that Murrell is the opposing player I've most enjoyed watching in the last 10 years (not so much when he has played against us though). Mentally he's been miles ahead of most players at this level, it's a shame he never had the athleticism to match, though he would have been in the NRL never mind SL if he had. Yes he had his limitations especially in recent years but for many years he was the Fax player who was most likely to make something happen in attack.

Moreover he played the game with a smile on his face and clearly had a great sense of humour. I really hope that when his playing days are over that he's not lost to RL.

Spot on! I agree almost word for word. A very good, well worded post. Are you sure you're a Fev fan? Lol!
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Previous