WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - League on't Beeb.

Board index Championship Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk League on't Beeb.

League on't Beeb. Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:20 pm  

User avatarHudd-Shay wrote:
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 3608
Location: Shuddersfield
BBC1 and BBC2 are to show some classic Challenge Cup Finals this weekend, Saturday and Sunday, both starting at 1.15. Needless to say Fax are not scheduled to be shown.
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Re: League on't Beeb. Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:17 pm  

bentleyman wrote:
bentleyman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:57 pm
Posts: 2319
Location: On the Star Ship Andromeda Hope Lives Again !!
I wouldn't disagree with ones they are showing but surely Fax v Sts is a must along with Leigh v Leeds stay safe :CHEERS:
Re: League on't Beeb. Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:40 pm  
charlie caroli User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:34 am
Posts: 13012
Location: blackpool tower circus
bentleyman wrote:
I wouldn't disagree with ones they are showing but surely Fax v Sts is a must along with Leigh v Leeds stay safe :CHEERS:

What about a Fax v Leigh Challenge Cup Final 1921...?
Re: League on't Beeb. Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:07 pm  

User avatarHudd-Shay wrote:
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 3608
Location: Shuddersfield
Without any bias Fax v St Helens was one of the all time classics. Surely that match has to be in the top five Challenge Cup Finals.
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Re: League on't Beeb. Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:06 pm  

User avatarTony Fax wrote:
Tony Fax User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 6107
Location: Halifax, the sleeping giants of Rugby League
Hudd-Shay wrote:
Without any bias Fax v St Helens was one of the all time classics. Surely that match has to be in the top five Challenge Cup Finals.


Disagree. Might have been for the closeness but I thought it was a dour affair lacking attacking quality.
AM I RIGHT? I'M NOT WRONG!
Re: League on't Beeb. Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:08 pm  

User avatarHudd-Shay wrote:
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 3608
Location: Shuddersfield
Tony Fax wrote:
Disagree. Might have been for the closeness but I thought it was a dour affair lacking attacking quality.

Wow!
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Re: League on't Beeb. Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:26 pm  

faxcar wrote:
faxcar Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:26 pm
Posts: 3363
Well with self isolation we can always watch it on our own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apnZnLf10bA
Re: League on't Beeb. Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:38 am  

bentleyman wrote:
bentleyman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:57 pm
Posts: 2319
Location: On the Star Ship Andromeda Hope Lives Again !!
charlie caroli wrote:
What about a Fax v Leigh Challenge Cup Final 1921...?


It would certainly be interesting to see how much the game has changed
Re: League on't Beeb. Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:44 am  

User avatarTony Fax wrote:
Tony Fax User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 6107
Location: Halifax, the sleeping giants of Rugby League
Hudd-Shay wrote:
Wow!


Wow indeed, I remember being fairly bored until the elation at the end of course. We only looked like scoring 3 times, and one of those was in touch!

I agree with the Leigh - v Leeds match, however. Weird watching defenders trying desperately to keep kicks from going into touch, and the scrums being contested is a sad loss to the sport, but I think it got to the stage where the refs were just constantly penalising for feeding which became quite irritating.
AM I RIGHT? I'M NOT WRONG!
Re: League on't Beeb. Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:58 am  

User avatarHudd-Shay wrote:
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 3608
Location: Shuddersfield
Tony Fax wrote:
Wow indeed, I remember being fairly bored until the elation at the end of course. We only looked like scoring 3 times, and one of those was in touch!
That's not how I remember the match at all,I'll have to watch the video again. What I do recall is coming out of Wembley sort of stunned and empty, yet after the Wigan game the season after I almost felt happier. Very strange

I agree with the Leigh - v Leeds match, however. Weird watching defenders trying desperately to keep kicks from going into touch, and the scrums being contested is a sad loss to the sport, but I think it got to the stage where the refs were just constantly penalising for feeding which became quite irritating.
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 65 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,105,09599978,3624,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X