WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The dreaded DR
Re: The dreaded DR
Post Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:55 am
Posted by DNAFax on Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:55 am
DNAFax Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 53
Rep Position: 258th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:35 am
Posts: 139
Bye then.

How many times can you have the same conversations?!

DR is here....the end. We are NOT a powerhouse & we DONT have money.......so you utilise it or you cant compete.

if they're in a fax kit on the day, then i'm backing them.
Re: The dreaded DR
Post Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:10 am
Posted by Faxlore on Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:10 am
Faxlore User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 50
Rep Position: 261st / 77,904

Quiz Score: 112

Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:19 am
Posts: 573
DNAFax wrote:
Bye then.

How many times can you have the same conversations?!

DR is here....the end. We are NOT a powerhouse & we DONT have money.......so you utilise it or you cant compete.

if they're in a fax kit on the day, then i'm backing them.


I’m not a fan of DR but I have to agree with DNAfax. Last season Fev were not an outstanding squad but they used this system and nearly made it.
Glad to hear season ticket sales are up from this time last year
Up the Fax
Re: The dreaded DR
Post Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:09 am
Posted by Hudd-Shay on Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:09 am
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 391
Rep Position: 57th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 3478
Location: Shuddersfield
Dbvada wrote:
I was told last night that our new BOD are in discussions with Huddersfield about DR and that the plan is to “follow Featherstone” and have a really close relationship.

It could see up to five players in our first team each week and our lads turning out for their reserves.

If that’s the case then I’m off!

I have heard similar rumblings about this. DR for me...No. DR with Huddersfield, for crying out loud Huddersfield, the powerhouse of SL who escaped relegation by the skin of their teeth. That would be typical of Fax. I've tried to find out if there's any truth in this but to no avail. I'm happy that season ticket sales are up but the club have lost three from us due to this farce and, if it indeed does go the way Dbvada says that is us gone for next season at least.
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Re: The dreaded DR
Post Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:47 am
Posted by Faxlore on Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:47 am
Faxlore User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 50
Rep Position: 261st / 77,904

Quiz Score: 112

Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:19 am
Posts: 573
Hudd-Shay wrote:
I have heard similar rumblings about this. DR for me...No. DR with Huddersfield, for crying out loud Huddersfield, the powerhouse of SL who escaped relegation by the skin of their teeth. That would be typical of Fax. I've tried to find out if there's any truth in this but to no avail. I'm happy that season ticket sales are up but the club have lost three from us due to this farce and, if it indeed does go the way Dbvada says that is us gone for next season at least.


I could be wrong but it sounds like your cutting nose off to spite your face. The club need support and money coming from supporters. So you not supporting the because of DR puts the club backwards. Why? Because they need money to build their own stronger squad in the long run and you are taking income away from the club you purport to support.
Can I ask you a question. If Fax were a SL team and DR with a championship team would you not support them?
Re: The dreaded DR
Post Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:16 pm
Posted by Hudd-Shay on Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:16 pm
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 391
Rep Position: 57th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 3478
Location: Shuddersfield
Faxlore wrote:
I could be wrong but it sounds like your cutting nose off to spite your face. The club need support and money coming from supporters. So you not supporting the because of DR puts the club backwards. Why? Because they need money to build their own stronger squad in the long run and you are taking income away from the club you purport to support.
Can I ask you a question. If Fax were a SL team and DR with a championship team would you not support them?

Yes I would although I wouldn't agree with it, remember Fax with Hunslet. I agree it is cutting my nose off to spite my face but as I have said before DR is not just about Fax , it's about the whole game and teams that are using it are just playing in to SL teams hands. Far from securing our future i believe it is making the chances of Fax ever getting back to the higher end of rugby league an ever more distant prospect. To be controlled by Huddersfield, which like it or not is what DR comes down to, would be the last straw.
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Re: The dreaded DR
Post Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:37 pm
Posted by Faxlore on Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:37 pm
Faxlore User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 50
Rep Position: 261st / 77,904

Quiz Score: 112

Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:19 am
Posts: 573
I don’t disagree with your sentiments but I have never felt, through any club we have have been DR’d with, that we have been controlled by them. If anything, I have felt that through the clubs we have been DR’d with over the past season these clubs have never provided players that have made a difference to Fax games day. If anything towards the end of the season the SL clubs we have been DR with have actually restricted players coming to us because of their own squad problems/ injuries.
If I were you get your season tickets enjoy supporting Fax it’s always a rollercoaster of a season!
Re: The dreaded DR
Post Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:29 pm
Posted by Greg Florimos Boots on Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:29 pm
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 310
Rep Position: 81st / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:19 am
Posts: 8377
Lets face it going on last seasons performance and our squad so far we will be lucky to finish anywhere above 7th this coming season. Sacking off the reserves and then not making the most of a DR agreement would not make much sense. We need to add just for RFF that this still does not mean we agree with the system but where as before if it were sacked off we would be in a stronger position than most teams, now if it gets sacked off we will still be in a similar position to the one now.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein


"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein


"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln
Re: The dreaded DR
Post Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:31 pm
Posted by Hudd-Shay on Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:31 pm
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 391
Rep Position: 57th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 3478
Location: Shuddersfield
Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
Lets face it going on last seasons performance and our squad so far we will be lucky to finish anywhere above 7th this coming season. Sacking off the reserves and then not making the most of a DR agreement would not make much sense. We need to add just for RFF that this still does not mean we agree with the system but where as before if it were sacked off we would be in a stronger position than most teams, now if it gets sacked off we will still be in a similar position to the one now.

An excellent point regarding the clubs position post reserves.
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Re: The dreaded DR
Post Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:49 pm
Posted by Faxlore on Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:49 pm
Faxlore User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 50
Rep Position: 261st / 77,904

Quiz Score: 112

Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:19 am
Posts: 573
Sacking off the reserves! That is a very nasty and negative statement. Our club has had to make a difficult decision not to run a reserve team. All SL teams are being given thousands of pounds to help them run the reserves. The RFL accepted the Fax application but would not help to fund us. What are the board/meant to do ?
Do you have any concept how much money the club does or doesn’t have? Or even what they have to continue keep our club on a financial even keel.
Accept that the board, coaching staff, squad and all the supporter bodies and supporters do everything we/they can to keep our great club going. Sometimes you just have accepted that we are not the RL force we once were or wish to be. I love this club and accept we have ambition but it will, if ever, take a long long time. But I’m there every week. Up the Fax
Re: The dreaded DR
Post Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:41 pm
Posted by Hudd-Shay on Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:41 pm
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 391
Rep Position: 57th / 77,904

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 3478
Location: Shuddersfield
Faxlore wrote:
Sacking off the reserves! That is a very nasty and negative statement. Our club has had to make a difficult decision not to run a reserve team. All SL teams are being given thousands of pounds to help them run the reserves. The RFL accepted the Fax application but would not help to fund us. What are the board/meant to do ?
Do you have any concept how much money the club does or doesn’t have? Or even what they have to continue keep our club on a financial even keel.
Accept that the board, coaching staff, squad and all the supporter bodies and supporters do everything we/they can to keep our great club going. Sometimes you just have accepted that we are not the RL force we once were or wish to be. I love this club and accept we have ambition but it will, if ever, take a long long time. But I’m there every week. Up the Fax

There's not a lot great about a club that is subservient to another. Up The Fax!
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,983,91483777,9044,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
SHEFFIELD
Sun 9th Feb 15:00
 CH
FEATHERSTONE
v
HALIFAX
Sun 16th Feb 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
DEWSBURY RAMS
Sun 1st Mar 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
YORK
Sun 8th Mar 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
HALIFAX
Sun 22nd Mar 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 29th Mar 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
SWINTON LIONS
Fri 10th Apr 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
HALIFAX
Wed 15th Apr 19:30
 CH
HALIFAX
v
BATLEY BULLDOGS
Sun 19th Apr 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
Sun 26th Apr 15:00
 CH
OLDHAM
v
HALIFAX
Sun 3rd May 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
WHITEHAVEN
Sat 16th May 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
TOULOUSE
Sun 24th May 15:00
 CH
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
HALIFAX
Sat 30th May 17:15
 CH
HALIFAX
v
YORK
Sun 14th Jun 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
FEATHERSTONE
Sun 21st Jun 15:00
 CH
WIDNES VIKINGS
v
HALIFAX
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





15