WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - new player(s)
Re: new player(s) Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:59 am  

User avatarNorman Bates wrote:
Norman Bates User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

I think, and hope, that this is a good signing, it’s what most people were asking for and if he speeds up the PTB then we should get the go forward we need to give the halves a bit of a chance. Two good hookers and a young prospect coming through should give us a steady platform to build on.
Re: new player(s) Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:52 pm  
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Cracking signing for Batley bringing Shaun Lunt in.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln
Re: new player(s) Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:20 am  

Pellon Boy wrote:
Pellon Boy Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
Cracking signing for Batley bringing Shaun Lunt in.

I agree GFB. Great signing for Batley and puts our lack of clout in the transfer market, or lack of ambition into perspective.

7th or lower for us this season
Re: new player(s) Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:16 am  

hooligan27 wrote:
hooligan27 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Bookies have Fev as favorites and us as 7th.

Featherstone
3/1
London Broncos
3/1
Leigh
7/2
Toulouse
7/2
York
8/1
Bradford
25/1
Halifax
25/1
Sheffield
25/1
Widnes
25/1
Batley
33/1
Dewsbury
50/1
Swinton
50/1
Oldham
100/1
Whitehaven
100/1
Re: new player(s) Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:27 am  

Beaujangles wrote:
Beaujangles Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Pellon Boy wrote:
I agree GFB. Great signing for Batley and puts our lack of clout in the transfer market, or lack of ambition into perspective.

I think we'll go much better this year,it's just a feeling rather than with any substance.
Re: new player(s) Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:41 am  

Pellon Boy wrote:

Beaujangles wrote:
I think we'll go much better this year,it's just a feeling rather than with any substance.

I hope so too, but looking at it realistically I can't see it happening.
Re: new player(s) Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:44 am  

Inoffski1 wrote:
Inoffski1 Strong-running second rower

Pellon Boy wrote:

What would you do differently given the current situation at the club, and the lack of available talent??
Re: new player(s) Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:18 am  

Pellon Boy wrote:

Inoffski1 wrote:
What would you do differently given the current situation at the club, and the lack of available talent??

$64,000 question that one. Everyone is going to have a different opinion on this, but my view is that there needs to be a fundamental change in how the club operates. We've had turmoil in the boardroom for a number of years and there needs to be stability at the top. A stable board would be able to plan for the future rather than changing the business plan whenever the board changes.

On players, we need to be identifying what positions we need a season or more out and looking to tie up signings as quickly as we can. I know that is difficult and that we can't approach players until they are in the last 6 months of their contract. But taking Muzza as an example, we know that he is getting older and that he will need to be replaced probably next season, so I'd be looking now at who we could bring in and speaking to them as quickly as we could. Coaches know how long contracts are for and agents speak to clubs, so that is easily achievable. We know what positions we need to strengthen so we need to plan for that. Coach identifies positions and rugby director and coach speak to potential players.

It all needs financing so the options are twofold in my opinion. Get more sponsors and investors into the club, and more importantly get more bums on seats and improve the commercial and match day offers. That needs some clever marketing and possibly giving freebies away, and improving the product on the pitch.

If it was easy, I know that it would have been done, and I know that it isn't easy. But that's my take on it.
Re: new player(s) Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:22 pm  

Dbvada wrote:
Dbvada Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Realistically, given the tight budget, we certainly are unlikely to be top three material. But......If we can develop a real DR relationship the top four could be a real possibility.
Re: new player(s) Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:56 pm  

User avatarswifty62 wrote:
swifty62 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

tonights courier says simon grix spoke to Frawley but that's it, but is still looking for another half back to go with Gilmore.
been around here long time, thought would start posting...........
PreviousNext