WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - new player(s)
Re: new player(s) Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:40 am  
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:19 am
Posts: 8431
Beaujangles wrote:
Awaiting RFL clearance apparantly...


I don’t think Keyes was the one they were talking about. Sounds like Bradford appealed against his contract termination. The other signing I think his current club are interested in keeping him so fingers crossed they do.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein


"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein


"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln
Re: new player(s) Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:17 am  

Beaujangles wrote:
Beaujangles Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:21 pm
Posts: 786
Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
I don’t think Keyes was the one they were talking about. Sounds like Bradford appealed against his contract termination. The other signing I think his current club are interested in keeping him so fingers crossed they do.

You hope a player we are trying to sign is retained by his current club ? if i'm reading that right you're not a fan of this individual ?
Re: new player(s) Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:48 am  
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:19 am
Posts: 8431
Beaujangles wrote:
You hope a player we are trying to sign is retained by his current club ? if i'm reading that right you're not a fan of this individual ?


Not on his performances for us last season.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein


"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein


"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln
Re: new player(s) Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:32 am  

Beaujangles wrote:
Beaujangles Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:21 pm
Posts: 786
Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
Not on his performances for us last season.

Thought we'd already signed Grix but if not i'd agree.
Re: new player(s) Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:39 am  

faxcar wrote:
faxcar Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:26 pm
Posts: 3293
Beaujangles wrote:
Thought we'd already signed Grix but if not i'd agree.

X2, nothing against Scot at all but on overall performance no, exceptional against Saints but he was not consistent enough even bordering on a liability at times.

Apart from that he would hold up giving someone else having a chance, we need to have a longer term solution in this key position.

Likewise for him personally and his own longer term future if he has an offer in some form of coaching then you would have thought that would be the smart choice.
Re: new player(s) Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:20 am  

User avatarHudd-Shay wrote:
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 3572
Location: Shuddersfield
We seem to be, like most other clubs not loaded with money. I would like to see Fax go down the youth route with a few older heads but players like Reece Chapman Smith should be given extended runs, he plays full back I believe. An interesting season coming up for sure so give the young hungry lads a go and see where it takes us. It's got to be an improvement on last season. Up The Fax!
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Re: new player(s) Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:58 am  

faxcar wrote:
faxcar Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:26 pm
Posts: 3293
Hudd-Shay wrote:
We seem to be, like most other clubs not loaded with money. I would like to see Fax go down the youth route with a few older heads but players like Reece Chapman Smith should be given extended runs, he plays full back I believe. An interesting season coming up for sure so give the young hungry lads a go and see where it takes us. It's got to be an improvement on last season. Up The Fax!

Yep.
So even if Scot has signed why not keep him as back up and let the likes of RCS or JWH have an extended run to really see if they are good enough rather than have them fringing for someone who would likely be in his last years anyway?
Re: new player(s) Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:18 pm  

cowfax wrote:
cowfax Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:47 pm
Posts: 201
Reece certainly looked the part when i have seen him for the reserves. First team a big step up but hasn`t let anyone down on his few appearances for Fax. The coaches must think he needs still more development before he is ready. Break through season?
Not sure SG has the legs anymore but it showed at the end of the first half of the semi that saints scored when he was down injured. He was missed and it showed that he can organise a defence.
Re: new player(s) Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:38 pm  

faxcar wrote:
faxcar Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:26 pm
Posts: 3293
cowfax wrote:
Reece certainly looked the part when i have seen him for the reserves. First team a big step up but hasn`t let anyone down on his few appearances for Fax. The coaches must think he needs still more development before he is ready. Break through season?
Not sure SG has the legs anymore but it showed at the end of the first half of the semi that saints scored when he was down injured. He was missed and it showed that he can organise a defence.

Yep. Fair points about both Reece and Scot and always tough to know when is the right time to put the young ones in.
Simon and the rest of the coaching staff will no doubt be aware of it all and in the best place to judge.
Re: new player(s) Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:37 pm  

Beaujangles wrote:
Beaujangles Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:21 pm
Posts: 786
Dane Manning coming back ?
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 77 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,054,3061,25778,1494,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts