WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Dual Reg hits new low

Board index Championship Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk Dual Reg hits new low

Re: Dual Reg hits new low
Post Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:37 am
Posted by Rotherham Fev Fan on Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:37 am
Rotherham Fev Fan Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 60
Rep Position: 242nd / 77,882

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 4:59 am
Posts: 4099
Location: Rawmarsh, Rotherham
Everyone who knows me knows my thoughts on dual reg. Pete and myself share similar views on this.
I do find the brass neck of some fax fans irritating and amusing in equal measures.
Your club uses DR.... end of. Its either good or it isnt. Quantifying how a club uses the system is only a willy waggling contest.
Your club either buys into it, (which it does), or it can take the moral high ground and decline such a relationship.... which it doesn't.
How another club uses thecsystem is irrelevant.... we either have it or we don't. Both our clubs choose the former.
She carries on through it all......
She's a Waterfall
Re: Dual Reg hits new low
Post Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:53 am
Posted by The Phantom Horseman on Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:53 am
The Phantom Horseman Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 105
Rep Position: 197th / 77,882

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:55 pm
Posts: 557
Yep, if DR disappears next year, fine by me. And Hudd-Shay has been consistently and vociferously opposed to it whenever I've looked at this board.

But as RFF says, there aren't degrees of DR. You either use it, or you boycott it. Frankly, most Championship clubs have made a right horlicks of it, failed to develop any relationship with their DR partner club, and lacked any consistency. Thus it has barely helped either club. Don't hold it against Fev that we are one of the few clubs where it has worked.

And as for the "feeder club" jibe...just about every club in the Championship is a feeder club, in that anyone showing significant talent will be snapped up by a SL club. We lost Zak Hardaker to Leeds long before we were DR with them, just as they ended up with a lot of our local young talent from fev Lions etc. Same for you guys with Butler (and remember what happened with QLT and Cas?).
Re: Dual Reg hits new low
Post Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:10 am
Posted by Hudd-Shay on Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:10 am
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 380
Rep Position: 55th / 77,882

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 3453
Location: Shuddersfield
If you kill one person or kill twenty you're still a murderer irrespective of the amount of bodies under the patio. What DR needs is for all clubs to unanimously tell SL clubs where to shove it. Unfortunately that is not going to happen. My fear is that, given a couple more years, some of these Championship clubs won't be around to make that choice. I hope I'm wrong
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Re: Dual Reg hits new low
Post Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:10 am
Posted by Halifax1989 on Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:10 am
Halifax1989 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 69
Rep Position: 233rd / 77,882

Quiz Score: 12

Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:31 pm
Posts: 457
Rotherham Fev Fan wrote:
Everyone who knows me knows my thoughts on dual reg. Pete and myself share similar views on this.
I do find the brass neck of some fax fans irritating and amusing in equal measures.
Your club uses DR.... end of. Its either good or it isnt. Quantifying how a club uses the system is only a willy waggling contest.
Your club either buys into it, (which it does), or it can take the moral high ground and decline such a relationship.... which it doesn't.
How another club uses thecsystem is irrelevant.... we either have it or we don't. Both our clubs choose the former.


Not intended as a dig at Fev, more a general concern for all championship sides.

I would argue that there is a big difference between how we use it and how fev do, but thats beside the point- I would be very happy if we ditched it.

The thing is, if we ditch it and our competitors abuse it, we dont come out of it well.
Re: Dual Reg hits new low
Post Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:01 pm
Posted by gizempo on Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:01 pm
gizempo Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 289th / 77,882

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:26 pm
Posts: 208
And just as the Fev fans preach to us, yet another loanee to replace one that's just gone back to his parent club, it's not just DR. Any point in Fev having reserves?

Yes Fax have used DR and loans. Usually where we are short in number due to injury. And have we ever fielded more than 2 in a game?

Can remember when we played Fev first game of season a few years back. So you'd expect most players to be fit. In week before the game John Sharp said he would favour his Fev players before DR. Then he put the maximum no of DR in his side.
Re: Dual Reg hits new low
Post Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:23 pm
Posted by Rotherham Fev Fan on Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:23 pm
Rotherham Fev Fan Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 60
Rep Position: 242nd / 77,882

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 4:59 am
Posts: 4099
Location: Rawmarsh, Rotherham
Fax use dual reg. End of.
If you want the moral high ground then decline that relationship.
Your assertion that one club uses the system better than another is a facile argument.
See Pete's comments earlier for an accurate synopsis of tge current dual reg system.
Your comments just come across as a bitter fan cos your club lost to a club who has a better DR relationship rather than a fan discussing the need or want of such a system
Those who know me (including quite a few fax fans), know my thoughts on the system.
She carries on through it all......
She's a Waterfall
Re: Dual Reg hits new low
Post Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:51 pm
Posted by Halifax1989 on Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:51 pm
Halifax1989 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 69
Rep Position: 233rd / 77,882

Quiz Score: 12

Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:31 pm
Posts: 457
Rotherham Fev Fan wrote:
Fax use dual reg. End of.
If you want the moral high ground then decline that relationship.
Your assertion that one club uses the system better than another is a facile argument.
See Pete's comments earlier for an accurate synopsis of tge current dual reg system.
Your comments just come across as a bitter fan cos your club lost to a club who has a better DR relationship rather than a fan discussing the need or want of such a system
Those who know me (including quite a few fax fans), know my thoughts on the system.


Me? Sadly thats not my call, but I wish I could. I think we're arguing the same point here. If I was fishing for Fev fans I'd have stuck this on their board.

Again, my point is that this latest move by Fev is just another step closer towards the Championship becoming a feeder league. That's bad news for us, you, and a lot of other clubs too.
Re: Dual Reg hits new low
Post Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:48 pm
Posted by Greg Florimos Boots on Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:48 pm
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 302
Rep Position: 82nd / 77,882

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:19 am
Posts: 8358
Fev and Leeds abuse the system end of. Players signed to both teams to help Leeds get around Salary Cap problems and to help Fev get around the maximum amount of loans/DR allowed are just a couple of parts of that. If any Fev fans are ok with that then fair do's just the same as if any Fax fans are happy with how we use it. Im totally against it and always have been as it gives a misconception of teams strengths in this division. Without DR a few teams in this league may struggle financially or have to accept they are living beyond their means and have to cut back which will have the catch 22 situation of lower league position and likely less people through the gates. The RFL are now in a very sticky situation with it as they know some teams are in too deep and totally stopping it could be a disaster.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein


"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein


"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln
Re: Dual Reg hits new low
Post Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:08 pm
Posted by Fuzzy Duck on Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:08 pm
Fuzzy Duck User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 104
Rep Position: 198th / 77,882

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2003 3:06 pm
Posts: 880
Location: Mixenden
I see our favourite Cas DR man Will Maher has yet again been left out of the Cas team against the Whinos. It's no wonder he looked ordinary at Barrow, he's unfit not getting any game time!
It's not over til the fat lady sings
Re: Dual Reg hits new low
Post Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:23 am
Posted by ColD on Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:23 am
ColD Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 338
Rep Position: 69th / 77,882

Quiz Score: 84

Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:23 am
Posts: 6560
Location: Just Behind Parksides Club
gizempo wrote:
And just as the Fev fans preach to us, yet another loanee to replace one that's just gone back to his parent club, it's not just DR. Any point in Fev having reserves?

Yes Fax have used DR and loans. Usually where we are short in number due to injury. And have we ever fielded more than 2 in a game?

Can remember when we played Fev first game of season a few years back. So you'd expect most players to be fit. In week before the game John Sharp said he would favour his Fev players before DR. Then he put the maximum no of DR in his side.


Out of curiosity, as I understand it Fax have a reserve team, how can you be short of players ??
Onwards and upwards - LTID
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cassandra, cowfax, Hudd-Shay, swifty62 and 56 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,976,6931,67777,8824,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





15