WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Leigh v Halifax
Re: Leigh v Halifax
Post Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:55 pm
Posted by LeythIg on Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:55 pm
LeythIg Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 97
Rep Position: 165th / 77,651

Quiz Score: 16

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:09 pm
Posts: 2263
Location: Landan
Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
That corner? It happened closer to the middle of the pitch. It will certainly make interesting viewing because although Tangata is off the floor it looked like he simply pushed Wood. There was a lot to watch from that point and at one point I thought a Leigh player was laying in to a fax lad while the fax lad was been held back by a few Leigh players. Certainly the officials did not think the first tackle warranted a penalty otherwise the whistle would have gone when the ball came down. I cant wait for the video, from a Fax point of view abouts the most interesting thing that happened all afternoon. :D

On that note how soon do Leigh normally get the video out? Our media department has been pretty poor for a few months now and its rare we even get highlights never mind a full game


Watching the highlights on LCTV, touch judge was on as soon as Tangata made the challenge. Can't really say much about the punch up, the cameraman understandably didn't seem to know which bit of play to follow.
Re: Leigh v Halifax
Post Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:24 pm
Posted by charlie caroli on Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:24 pm
charlie caroli User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 405
Rep Position: 25th / 77,651

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:34 am
Posts: 12710
Location: blackpool tower circus
Norman Bates wrote:
Are you sharing Toronto’s salary cap?

Norman ,it’s just been announced we have re signed Jordan Thompson on permenant contract,with immeadiate effect. :thumb:
Re: Leigh v Halifax
Post Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:24 pm
Posted by Alan on Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:24 pm
Alan Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 726
Rep Position: 7th / 77,651

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 11645
Location: Back in Lancashire
Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
That corner? It happened closer to the middle of the pitch. It will certainly make interesting viewing because although Tangata is off the floor it looked like he simply pushed Wood. There was a lot to watch from that point and at one point I thought a Leigh player was laying in to a fax lad while the fax lad was been held back by a few Leigh players. Certainly the officials did not think the first tackle warranted a penalty otherwise the whistle would have gone when the ball came down. I cant wait for the video, from a Fax point of view abouts the most interesting thing that happened all afternoon. :D

On that note how soon do Leigh normally get the video out? Our media department has been pretty poor for a few months now and its rare we even get highlights never mind a full game


Hi 'GFB'.

I've not watched the video/DVD/whatever the recordings are called these days, but my initial view on the incidents, was that they were very much a case of 'six of one and half a dozen of the other'. It's a very physical game, and these little misunderstandings are always likely to occur!I would have thought that a sin binning for each of us, in both incidents would have possibly dealt with things fairly. It could well be that the Disciplinary eventually mete out punishments equally!

As for the game, we were definitely convincing winners, just as you were at the Shay. Maybe you suffered a reaction to the Challenge cup game, maybe you missed Murrell, when he was injured, but it's all gone now, and roll on the next meeting between us, although that may well be next season, unless we both make it into the top 5.
Re: Leigh v Halifax
Post Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:26 pm
Posted by Norman Bates on Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:26 pm
Norman Bates User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 88
Rep Position: 173rd / 77,651

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:42 am
Posts: 3417
Location: Fax Vegas
charlie caroli wrote:
Norman ,it’s just been announced we have re signed Jordan Thompson on permenant contract,with immeadiate effect. :thumb:

Say no more. :wink:
Re: Leigh v Halifax
Post Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:00 pm
Posted by Greg Florimos Boots on Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:00 pm
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 214
Rep Position: 87th / 77,651

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:19 am
Posts: 8195
Alan wrote:
Hi 'GFB'.

I've not watched the video/DVD/whatever the recordings are called these days, but my initial view on the incidents, was that they were very much a case of 'six of one and half a dozen of the other'. It's a very physical game, and these little misunderstandings are always likely to occur!I would have thought that a sin binning for each of us, in both incidents would have possibly dealt with things fairly. It could well be that the Disciplinary eventually mete out punishments equally!

As for the game, we were definitely convincing winners, just as you were at the Shay. Maybe you suffered a reaction to the Challenge cup game, maybe you missed Murrell, when he was injured, but it's all gone now, and roll on the next meeting between us, although that may well be next season, unless we both make it into the top 5.


Watching the highlights I were probably a bit harsh on Wood. I don't think Tangata's tackle is late but it is 2 feet off the floor and high, I don't think bad enough for a red as it looks a push but yellow we couldnt have moaned about. I can't see what Flemming does as the camera moves but assuming the linesman was in a good position he probably got what he deserved. The other stuff I have a problem with is Sam Brooks, who I have no idea how he didnt get sent off swinging bombs while our player is held back defenceless in front of the lino. The Leigh no 11 also gets a couple of cheapshots in and Thornley got a few in although Thornley's didn't look as bad but would have liked to see the full incident as I doubt he just stood there while Flemming threw punches. I think Tangata Yellow and Flemming Red would probably have been fair but at least 2 Leigh players should have been red carded for the afters so Im not quite sure how all that got missed.

Not a gripe at the result like as we were totally outclassed and never looked at the races. Anyway its not a Leigh V Halifax match without a bit of fire is it. :D

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein


"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein


"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln
Re: Leigh v Halifax
Post Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:29 pm
Posted by Alan on Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:29 pm
Alan Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 726
Rep Position: 7th / 77,651

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 11645
Location: Back in Lancashire
Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
Watching the highlights I were probably a bit harsh on Wood. I don't think Tangata's tackle is late but it is 2 feet off the floor and high, I don't think bad enough for a red as it looks a push but yellow we couldnt have moaned about. I can't see what Flemming does as the camera moves but assuming the linesman was in a good position he probably got what he deserved. The other stuff I have a problem with is Sam Brooks, who I have no idea how he didnt get sent off swinging bombs while our player is held back defenceless in front of the lino. The Leigh no 11 also gets a couple of cheapshots in and Thornley got a few in although Thornley's didn't look as bad but would have liked to see the full incident as I doubt he just stood there while Flemming threw punches. I think Tangata Yellow and Flemming Red would probably have been fair but at least 2 Leigh players should have been red carded for the afters so Im not quite sure how all that got missed.

Not a gripe at the result like as we were totally outclassed and never looked at the races. Anyway its not a Leigh V Halifax match without a bit of fire is it. :D


Like I said on initial thoughts - 'six of one and half a dozen of the other'. Our highlights don't show much of the fracas after Tangata's (slightly) late and high shot. In my opinion, it was high, but not with any particular force. Our cameraman follows the ball, and only belatedly pans back to show a Leigh player throwing punches. Much of the punishment is likely to come from the ref/tj's evidence and I suspect that punishment might be somewhat different to that doled out by the ref. :wink: Although you never know - Adamson's citing at the Summer Bash, certainly wasn't for what the Sky team showed! :wink:
Re: Leigh v Halifax
Post Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:35 pm
Posted by Alan on Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:35 pm
Alan Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 726
Rep Position: 7th / 77,651

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 11645
Location: Back in Lancashire
Jacob Fairbank (Halifax) – Grade A Punching – 0 Match Penalty Notice
Dan Fleming (Halifax) – Grade A Punching – 1 Match Penalty Notice
Sam Brooks (Leigh) – Grade B Punching – 1 Match Penalty Notice
Toby Adamson (Leigh) – Grade A Punching – 0 Match Penalty Notice
James Woodburn-Hall (Halifax) – Grade A Punching – 0 Match Penalty Notice

I should have looked at the RFL website, before my last post. Punishments meted out equally, as I suspected. Brooks' offence was considered more serious than Fleming's - with the same outcome! It doesn't look like they thought Tangata's challenge was worthy of punishment - which I think is fair enough.
Re: Leigh v Halifax
Post Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:27 am
Posted by The Phantom Horseman on Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:27 am
The Phantom Horseman Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 85
Rep Position: 176th / 77,651

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:55 pm
Posts: 506
Alan wrote:
Brooks' offence was considered more serious than Fleming's - with the same outcome!


This almost certainly relates to previous records - the guidelines for Grade A punching are 0-1 games depending on whether they have previuously been found guilty during a certain timeframe, and for Grade B punching it would be 1-2 games, again depending on previous record.
Re: Leigh v Halifax
Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:34 pm
Posted by charlie caroli on Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:34 pm
charlie caroli User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 405
Rep Position: 25th / 77,651

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:34 am
Posts: 12710
Location: blackpool tower circus
Norman Bates wrote:
Say no more. :wink:

Norman, just been announced we have signed Corey Patterson, who played for at Toronto last season,with another signing to be announced very soon. :shock:
Re: Leigh v Halifax
Post Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:37 pm
Posted by Norman Bates on Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:37 pm
Norman Bates User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 88
Rep Position: 173rd / 77,651

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:42 am
Posts: 3417
Location: Fax Vegas
charlie caroli wrote:
Norman, just been announced we have signed Corey Patterson, who played for at Toronto last season,with another signing to be announced very soon. :shock:


Bloody hell this is getting beyond a joke.

But, that’s a good signing, will he be allowed to play against Toronto, they are usually pretty tight on this if they can.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cassandra, jensenFF, Marvin Goolash, Sumbody, the fax in asia and 72 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,911,0851,95877,6514,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sun 30th Jun 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
FEATHERSTONE
Sat 6th Jul 18:00
 CH
TORONTO
v
HALIFAX
Sun 14th Jul 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
Sun 21st Jul 15:00
 CH
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
HALIFAX
Sun 4th Aug 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
TOULOUSE
Sun 11th Aug 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
SHEFFIELD
Sun 18th Aug 15:00
 CH
SWINTON LIONS
v
HALIFAX
Sun 1st Sep 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
ROCHDALE
Sun 8th Sep 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
YORK
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






15