Re: Club Takeover
Post Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:41 pm
Posted by Bubba on Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:41 pm
Bubba Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 30
Rep Position: 273rd / 77,850

Quiz Score: 20

Whatever has happened, Chris' posts seemed to have turned the board more proactive given the Twitter posts.
Loving the hypocrisy of some.
Post Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:46 pm
Posted by freddies wig on Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:46 pm
freddies wig User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 45
Rep Position: 258th / 77,850

Quiz Score: 0

Listen? Is that the sound of someone pedalling backwards?
Oh hali hali hali hali halifax
Post Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:58 pm
Posted by Sumbody on Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:58 pm
Sumbody Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 300th / 77,850

Bubba wrote:
Whatever has happened, Chris' posts seemed to have turned the board more proactive given the Twitter posts.

The board have given the Twitter feed to the supporters club. Been about a month now.
The consortium is only 4 people from what I have heard. An issue for the board when they expected 10 and the shareholders when they expected 10. Both those meetings happened a week ago
Not a fan of the current board but they do seem to be making very slow progress and better than the 10 man consortium of 4 who have history of asking for their "profits" on their "investment"
Post Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:14 pm
Posted by Greg Florimos Boots on Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:14 pm
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 293
Rep Position: 86th / 77,850

Very intriguing to hear what caused the massive about turn though.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln
Post Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:27 pm
Posted by chris_smith on Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:27 pm
chris_smith Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 63
Rep Position: 240th / 77,850

Sumbody wrote:
The board have given the Twitter feed to the supporters club. Been about a month now.
The consortium is only 4 people from what I have heard. An issue for the board when they expected 10 and the shareholders when they expected 10. Both those meetings happened a week ago
Not a fan of the current board but they do seem to be making very slow progress and better than the 10 man consortium of 4 who have history of asking for their "profits" on their "investment"

Actually that's not quite right and neither the consortium, BOD or shareholders have had any meetings with each other.... That was why this all started in the first place

I still think that within the consortium there are some great people, fans of the club who want to see it progress... Those people should be involved with club in some capacity I feel.

Sadly I was also given a loaded gun blindfolded and I did think I was 100% in possession of the correct facts. I wasn't, hence my apology earlier.

After discussing and being shown a different side with supporting facts, I could do no more than apologise / back track as someone said it before....

Would I do it again... Yes, I would because the club is in my blood. I would however be much more considered about what and how I conducted myself...

Fax appear to be in good hands right now with the positive things that are happening and the changes that are now getting made due to things not being right before...
Post Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:24 pm
Posted by Norman Bates on Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:24 pm
Norman Bates User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 121
Rep Position: 188th / 77,850

Well done for coming back and setting things straight, i’m Still none the wiser though.

Maybe the best position to be in.
Post Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:37 am
Posted by Inoffski1 on Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:37 am
Inoffski1 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 26
Rep Position: 277th / 77,850

chris_smith wrote:
Actually that's not quite right and neither the consortium, BOD or shareholders have had any meetings with each other.... That was why this all started in the first place

I still think that within the consortium there are some great people, fans of the club who want to see it progress... Those people should be involved with club in some capacity I feel.

Sadly I was also given a loaded gun blindfolded and I did think I was 100% in possession of the correct facts. I wasn't, hence my apology earlier.

After discussing and being shown a different side with supporting facts, I could do no more than apologise / back track as someone said it before....

Would I do it again... Yes, I would because the club is in my blood. I would however be much more considered about what and how I conducted myself...

Fax appear to be in good hands right now with the positive things that are happening and the changes that are now getting made due to things not being right before...

Fair play to you Chris. I think the way you have been treat by the 'consortium' speaks volumes about the integrity of the people involved. Good guys wouldn't have used you like that!!
Post Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:42 am
Posted by chris_smith on Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:42 am
Free-scoring winger

There are still some very good people in the group, I must stress...

Its partly my own fault due to my own personal beliefs plus wanting to see Fax back up there...

I'm big enough and ugly enough though to say when I'm wrong..

My judgement in this instance was regrettably wrong but it happens..

I do hope that it will at least bring people into the fold and its enabled me to talk openly to someone I didn't think I would and its brought about a different opinion... so all is good...
Post Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:06 am
Posted by Rlpro on Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:06 am
Rlpro Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 300th / 77,850

So Chris you had info from consortium which you believed to be correct, and still could be. You then met with someone else who is now telling you something different and you now believe them. Interesting
Post Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:40 am
Posted by chris_smith on Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:40 am
Free-scoring winger

Let's be clear.... I was given info by people I trusted therefore felt comfortable with the situation. That info has since been proven to me beyond any doubt to not be true... Therefore I will hold my hand up to say I was wrong... THEREFORE by default the other info I no longer trust either. The source of the info has to be brought into question, simples. Do I still think there are good people in the consortium.... absolutely.

Not interesting but FACT
PreviousNext